Ticketed for no front plate and tinted windows

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 11:20 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
yikes! I think im gonna start putting my front plate on in LA. I wonder how much the non-correctable front plate tickets are.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:12 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
I get a damn no front license ticket about 3x a year it seems... good to have friends who are cops. hopefully I keep getting the correctable ones!

Old 10-02-2009, 02:38 AM
vroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of light
Actually I got 3 correctable before i got this non corretable one within the last 14 months.

Becareful if you come to downtown. Tons of cops especially on S Figueroa St. near Staples Center

Old 12-06-2009, 12:27 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Don't feel to bad, I got three no front plate and tinted front windows from the same meter maid on the same day. I went to court and got them all dismissed as the judge thought the meter maid was being slightly vindictive. What goes around comes around. She pulled the same **** on a few of the Fast and Furious crowd and came back from lunch to find her cushman trashed (it made the news as an example of
juvenile delinquent behavior and disregard for the law).

Old 12-06-2009, 11:25 PM
jimxyz is on a distinguished road
I don't even have any holes to mount a front plate - anyone who has an 07 - do you have front plate holes or did you have to drill them or ?

Old 12-07-2009, 12:11 AM
blackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vroom
Long story short, I got pulled over by CHP on my way home from school.
I gt ticketed for no front plate and tinted windows. On the back part of the ticket, there is a box for officer to sign off. He wrote "NO SIGN OFF" on the box.

At first I was like whatever, but little did I know a few weeks later I received a mail from the court with bail amount of $321. F@%$ing insane. Daylight robbery. Never have I heard or seen someone getting such a fine for minor violations.

Is there anyway I could reduce this amount??

Can I plead not guilty?
For a solution to the front plate issue check this link:
http://www.altecproducts.com/

Old 12-07-2009, 12:37 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Get the James Bond Aston with rotating license plates.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:40 AM
Originally Posted by rrobello
the officer has discretion to decide whether or not to make it a correctable offense or just a straight up fine. I personally have never heard of them choosing the latter. And like all citations you are innocent until proven guilty so to answer your question yes you can go to court and plead not guilty although when the officer shows up I have no idea what your possible defense could be. Try fighting it via written declaration first, better chance of them not responding; although it was CHP.
Thats the problem, officer descretion to be a ***** on not. How many peeps with $50k-$100k cars do stupid stuff like run red lights. Or have guns in your car hiding behind tinted window. GIve me a break and get serious. This is typical local cop and CHP overkill looking for more ways to tag your *** for BS fix it ticket cus they don't like your ride. Every see a car full of 16 year olds blasting down the freeway after 11pm.....flat out illegal for good reasons but they don't get pulled over cus its considered a secondary "profiling" ticket and their rich *** mommies and daddies get mad.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:44 PM
vroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by blackbull
For a solution to the front plate issue check this link:
http://www.altecproducts.com/
This is cool, but not practical for car that is lowered. It would definitely hit the ground

Old 12-08-2009, 09:49 PM
blackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vroom
This is cool, but not practical for car that is lowered. It would definitely hit the ground
That is not the only way to install the unit. I have a friend whose car is really low; he had it mounted in such a way that it dropped down from the top of the inside of his front bumper.