Charlotte Area Exotic Car Meet- Dec 6th! Coffee and Cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 09:37 AM
MC36 is on a distinguished road
Charlotte Area Exotic Car Meet- Dec 6th! Coffee and Cars

Hello my name is Michael C. and I am a Charlotte area exotic car owner. I have been trying to reach out to other car clubs and sites to post an event that I have been trying to get off the ground for some time and our first event is coming up in December. It is an event that I am calling "Coffee and Cars" similar to events that have been long running in the LA and Raleigh areas that I have seen.

I would hope that you could post this information to your memebers so that they can partisipate if possible and place it on your events calander or similar forum.

I have been trying to replicate a forum for car lovers to get together and show off their toys and find others with similar interest. It is a very casual forum that is, come when you want and leave when you want, that will take place the 1st Saturday of each month (weather promitting). Below is the detials of the first event.

Here is what I was thinking. The concept would be similar to what they have on the west coast in LA called "Coffee and Cars". It is a monthly gathering on the 1st Saturday of the month. I am shooting for Saturday DEC 6 (weather promitting) to be the 1st event, @ 9:00 am-until. That way you hang out in the morning, gather those who want to go for a drive and still have the rest of your Saturday to do your 'honey do lists'. Who ever shows up, shows up. You come and go as you please. I was thinking a good meeting place would be at North Lake Mall ext 18 on I-77 near the Panera Bread Company (6801 Northlake Mall Dr Charlotte NC 28216).

There is a very large parking alot adjacent to the mall and it is very easy access for those from Lake Norman, Winston, Hickory, Asheville, as well as from Central and South Charlotte.

You can show up sip coffee and talk cars and enjoy others with similar interest. I have seen a similar group in Raleigh involve several different clubs- P Cars, Lotus, Italian makes, Cobras, Vipers etc. If you know of other web sites that cater to those car collectors feel free to post. I will gauge from this post who feels like showing up.

I hope this catches on because it will be a lot of fun to hang out with those with similar interest.

Michael

Old 11-25-2008, 08:19 AM
FLA-Vyk is on a distinguished road
I will be visiting my daughter in Charlotte that weekend. I go to C&C in Lake Mary and Jacksonville, FL all the time. I will try to show up while I am there. Will be driving my 09 Jaguar XF

Old 11-29-2008, 06:23 PM
FLA-Vyk,

We would love to have you there! The more the merrier and would like to take a closer look at the new Jag. Let's hope the weather is kind to us to have a big turn out. I have have gotten several PMs from several different makes and models wanting to show up.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Michael

Old 12-04-2008, 11:33 AM
FLA-Vyk is on a distinguished road
MC36 - I will not be able to make to to Charlotte this coming weekend as planned, because of work load. It will be Dec 20th before I can get up there. If everyone want to get together on Sunday the 21st, that would nice. Vyk

Old 12-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Vyk,

No problem! Hate that you will not be able to come up. We are going to try to make this a regular gathering on the first Saturday of the month. We will catch you the next time you are in town. As for the work, being busy these days is a 'good' thing!

MC36

Old 12-04-2008, 02:28 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Michael,

I would love to join but we are open at the shop every first Saturday of the month from 10am to 2pm. If you guys get restless and want to cruise our way, we are about 15 minutes from North Lake Mall.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Hello,

Quick update Saturday is quickly approching!

I am looking forward to the 1st Charlotte Cars and Coffee event at North Lake Mall @ Panera Bread on Saturday morning. The weather looks like it is going to be favorable for us, they are calling for partly cloudy and 36 @ 9 am. It should warm up from there so dress in layers!

I have gotten a lot of responses from the following groups: Lotus, NSX, S2000s, Minis, BMW, Audi, P-Cars, Zs, and a few other makes and models. I have posted this event every where I could think a few weeks ago. It should be a great time and a good time to meet others with similar interest.

The parking lot adjacent to Panera will accomidate about 25+ cars any additional cars we can use the spill over lot across from it. We would like to maybe keep like makes and models together for photo ops but we can also play it by ear.

I got a call from the area manager at Panera Bread and they are excited to have us and will have the appropriate staff to accomidate us Saturday morning. The coffee will be hot and waiting for us. Thanks to all that have reached out and assited in spreading the word on this event. I hope this will catch on and will be a regular for "car nuts" in the Charlotte area.

See you Saturday!

Michael

Last edited by MC36; 12-04-2008 at 09:31 PM.