Porsche Owners heading out to Cars/Coffee this Saturday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 09:10 PM
DFW911T will become famous soon enoughDFW911T will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
I hope it's warmer next time....
Were you parked next to a white GT3?
I was on my way over to look at the 2 cars and when I got there, yours had been replaced by a yellow Corvette.
No disrespect to the Vette owner but that was a big let down!

Old 02-07-2010, 05:07 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RioGrandeValley
Yeah I hear you we left around 10ish or so felt like it was getting colder by the minute. Still had fun though lots of friends out there. The next CC first Saturday in March should be warmer so hope to have an even bigger turnout for the Pre show meet.
Agreed. Might meet at a different place or have more of us. I think there were more Caddy guys than us at Starbucks.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:09 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DFW911T
I was on my way over to look at the 2 cars and when I got there, yours had been replaced by a yellow Corvette.
Sorry. I had to leave at 9:45 for my daughters BBall game. It will be better next time. I will bring my new GT3RS. You would prefer to see that car. Trust me. Won't be another one in the state at the time.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:55 AM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
Ist weekend in March? Won't it go back to the last Saturday of the month, so it will be in February? This was a push from January......

Where are the pics?

Old 02-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Michael-Dallas is on a distinguished road
Dang, I missed everybody! I had to pick up my car from BW so I got there a little late, like around 10:30-ish. I parked a few spots down from the black 2010 GT3 w/ temp tags from PP.

///Michael

Old 02-07-2010, 11:40 AM
BartN (TX) has a spectacular aura aboutBartN (TX) has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Bara
that was cold, still fun though. 2 unmarked cop cars pulling people over on both access roads. becareful leaving the place with burn outs and such next time.
Really?! Because I pretty much went red line thru 3 gear up to the next light and my V1 began chirping behind me. I thougt 'great, now I'm getting a ticket while on probation', but the cop never showed up.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:43 AM
cc08gt had his yellow gt2 parked next the the white gt3 with silver wheels until he left and was replaced by the yellow vette. I was the white gt3 with black wheels across the isle.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
Nice seeing everyone!

Adam

Old 02-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by BartN (TX)
cc08gt had his yellow gt2 parked next the the white gt3 with silver wheels until he left and was replaced by the yellow vette. I was the white gt3 with black wheels across the isle.
I was looking at your car while you were showing it the the GT3 owner directly across. Yours is obviously a track monster! Look forward to seeing ti at ECR or MSR one day. Does yours have an upgraded exhaust?
His Sharkworks exhaust sounded incredible.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:00 PM
I was looking at your car while you were showing it the the GT3 owner directly across. Yours is obviously a track monster! Look forward to seeing ti at ECR or MSR one day. Does yours have an upgraded exhaust?
Man, this exhaust thing is KILLING me! His exhaust (Bara) sounds awesome and I'd love to have that sound, however I really don't want too much more noise in the cabin so I'm leaning against putting one on. If it add some HP I'd probably feel differently.

Just to get me confused all over again, I went out to dinner last night with a friend of mine with a new '10 GT3 with the GMG exhaust. We were buzzing around town and the sound of his car made mine sound like a Lexus.

Oh well, I'm going to concentrate on getting track wheels and tires for now. Then maybe see if I can get some sport seats and harnesses.

BTW, was that your silver CLK Black Series on the far West side of the lot? My friend was lusting all over it.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:00 PM
BTW, was that your silver CLK Black Series on the far West side of the lot? My friend was lusting all over it.
Yes it was, it was invisible when I first arrived because I parked next to a Scuderia.
After market exhaust or not, the only Porsche that sounds a good as the GT3 is the CGT. Plus, I think white if THE color to have in the GT3.

Old 02-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Agreed. Might meet at a different place or have more of us. I think there were more Caddy guys than us at Starbucks.
premeet was too close to the venue imo. barely got a couple of gears in and we had arrived. i would suggest the starbucks at beltline and tollway (5000 beltline rd zip 75240). this will give us a few extra cruise miles.

Man, this exhaust thing is KILLING me! His exhaust (Bara) sounds awesome and I'd love to have that sound, however I really don't want too much more noise in the cabin so I'm leaning against putting one on. If it add some HP I'd probably feel differently.

Just to get me confused all over again, I went out to dinner last night with a friend of mine with a new '10 GT3 with the GMG exhaust. We were buzzing around town and the sound of his car made mine sound like a Lexus.
with the sport button off, you cant hear it in everyday driving unless you get on it. there is no drone, but if its too loud for you when getting on it then better stay stock. i run mine with the exhaust unplugged so its in the full bypass mode all the time and its still civil enough for the wife.

cool little video comparing GT3/RS sound to CGT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr65ra1RlkU&NR=1

Old 02-08-2010, 04:34 AM
April 24/25 at MSR. PCA is doing a DE with the Maverick Region. Park Place is sponsoring the deal. There will be a car show of sorts, because they have asked me to bring my new RS. I am tracking the GT2, and another buddy of mine is taking his GT2. There will be several turbo's tracking that are friends of mine as well. Please bring all those white GT3's. Please. It would make for a fun weekend.

My exhaust is GMG. The sound is incredible.

Last edited by cc08gt2; 02-08-2010 at 04:39 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
April 24/25 at MSR. PCA is doing a DE with the Maverick Region. Park Place is sponsoring the deal. There will be a car show of sorts, because they have asked me to bring my new RS. I am tracking the GT2, and another buddy of mine is taking his GT2. There will be several turbo's tracking that are friends of mine as well. Please bring all those white GT3's. Please. It would make for a fun weekend.

My exhaust is GMG. The sound is incredible.
im game. john from apex told me there is another date in march as well with the apex group.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:52 AM
Originally Posted by Bara
im game. john from apex told me there is another date in march as well with the apex group.
Make sure you sign up. It will get crowded fast.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Owners heading out to Cars/Coffee this Saturday