30 Yr Old Driver of Black Porsche Kills Driver Early This Morning in Dallas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
So why was she in the car, which was in the lane? This guy needs a break. Isn't it pretty much a common sense that you move out of the highway at all costs in a situation like this? Even if you stand by the shoulder, that's risky. It just doesn't make sense no matter how I think about it. The weather can't be that bad in Texas at 6 AM and the article doesn't mention if she was a handicap or not.

It's a sad story but homicide...wow...

Old 09-17-2010, 09:28 PM
Alexcwt is on a distinguished road
Wow. I feel sorry for both families.

Just want to share my scientific deduction of what might have happened.

My take is that she came across several lanes while braking and cut in front of the Cayman to get to where the impact took place.

1. "trying to get off" means she is till moving when the impact happened. Which mean that she had illegally crossed the solid white lines and fail to yield. That is why Cayman driver is release for not being at fault but is on the hook for manslaughter.

2. The point of impact is about 1 car length south west of where the Taurus came to rest. Look at the zoomed out picture and blow it up. The point of impact is where Cayman dumped most of it's fluid. Big White blotch on the ground where the liquid obsorbing material is lay down by the Police.

3. Objects continue their path of travel until there is enough resistence to bring it to rest. Draw a straight line from the Taurus trough the point of impact and you will see where she came from.

4. The rear wheel of the Taurus is shoved in all the way to intrude on the driver door. The Cayman shows no damage to the passenger door frame. (no more than 60 mph impact) Also, there is no drag mark on the ground so the right front tire is still rolling when Cayman comes to a stop.

5. How does a car flipped "3" times sustained no damage to the front of the car. At least one of the lights or bumper should be gone, broken, cracked, etc. My guess is it flipped once.

6. Both cars weighs no more than a few hundred pounds difference.

7. Like the Crown Vic would blow up when rear-ended, could Taurus have a design flaw that sends it flipping when offset rear-ended?

So. Logical explaination of what happened.

Taurus was in on the the two left lanes when something went wrong. She hit the brake and turned right and cut accross 3 lanes to try to get to the shoulder.

Cayman is accelerating to get on the highway. He is looking back at on coming traffic. Didn't expect Taurus to cut accross so many lanes to be in front of him. Or his view could have been blocked by the bridge supports.

Cayman hit the brakes, nose dives. Taurus was already on the brakes so the tail is lifted. Taurus is front drive with engine hanging over front axle. Near empty gas tank. Empty back seat and trunk. A car designed to have all it's weight and traction at the front wheel to haul people. Taurus being 15 years old plus, the suspensions would travel even more than designed. The right front of the Cayman impacted the left rear tire of the Taurus pushing the wheel all the way in while peeling back the fender of the Cayman. The tries touch each other and bounced and flip the Taurus like a pancake. The roof can't support the weight and collapsed. Taurus driver is then trapped and had to sustain the long period of time of waiting for the equipments to be cut out. Even with minor injury, she would have bled to death.

It's a perfect storm for the Cayman driver. The reporters did a very touching story though very biassed away from the truth. Whether it's my fault or not, I don't want to know I killed someone.