Tech / How To

997TT Spoiler Removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 03:56 PM
lucch16 is on a distinguished road
997TT Spoiler Removal

Anyone out there know how to release the spoiler on a 997tt. I think I can figure it out but don't want to do damage if someone already knows the answer.
thanks

Old 10-19-2008, 06:16 PM
tblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond repute
There is a torx screw at each end of the spoiler lip and once those are removed the rest of the attachments are by tabs which you will need to pull out towards you as you go (one tab at a time). Be patient and some of the tabs require a little more pressure than the others. If you take your time it is really easier than you think it will be. I did mine myself and I consider myself an average do it yourselfer. It takes about 5 - 10 minutes to remove it and you can put the replacement on faster once you see what you are working with. Good luck.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:58 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Rear wing or lip spoiler?

Rear wing is different from 996TT, but uses same tool. It requires a spanner to unscrew the wing.