Tech / How To

DIY 997S sway bar (and Damptronics) install?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
DIY 997S sway bar (and Damptronics) install?

I'm about to get going on a basic suspension upgrade - Damptronics and sway bars for my 2005 997S Cab. I have a bit of spare time and wouldn't mind spending a bit of it under the car. I suspect that swapping the coilovers is beyond me (or so it seems). Are the sway bars more straightforward? Is there some hidden challenge of needing to pre-load the bars when installing them (i.e bending them in to place)? Or are they a straight bolt off/bolt on? If so, what are the various torque settings?
Thanks

Old 01-01-2009, 09:11 PM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
The rear sway bar is a simple swap, should take about 10 minutes. The front bar is a little more complicated and requires lowering part of the front crossmember.