Tech / How To

how to remove/replace 997TT front lip?

Old 02-14-2010, 01:16 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
how to remove/replace 997TT front lip?

Has anyone done this recently? Pls share the steps. Thanks!

Old 02-16-2010, 11:09 AM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
I've done this several months ago but its pretty straight forward. there are torx screws on the sides and several on the bottom. I would lift the car up a bit or park it an angle so you can access the screws a litle easier. Once all the screws are off you will need to people to pull each side to get the lip off. Install is easier since you just push the new lip in and rescrew everything.

Hope that helps, but its pretty much stright forward.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:52 AM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
I know this is an old thread but I will add that the 997.1 GT3 front lip is the same process. There are two plastic pins that need to be removed by popping them off at both ends of the lip. Once those are removed, then just remove the lip and put the new one on. It's a snap.