Tech / How To

X-post Hand Control???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 11:11 AM
LTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud of
X-post Hand Control???

Hi

May have to change my driving "style" and/or car shortly ,and am looking for advice on how to accommodate this.

I have had limited movement in my right ankle for many years. I have been wearing a flexible brace since I had it partially fused in '08. I retained flexibility in it to press the gas pedal, so little impact to driving. However, as the ankle has deteriorated (as expected), I must now wear a stiffer brace that does impede my ability to press the gas pedal. If/when I have the ankle completely fused, I will lose that completely.

The two things I am considering now are hand control for the accelerator, and/or getting a PDK-equipped car and left-foot drive. Anyone with experience in these? Source for converting to a hand control?

Attached Images