Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > Tech Stuff > Tech / How To
Reload this Page >

Need help with installing caliper dust boots on 997... Grr!

Notices
Tech / How To

Need help with installing caliper dust boots on 997... Grr!

Old 01-17-2015, 11:35 AM
Car-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond repute
Message Removed

Message Removed

Last edited by Car-Narcissist; 07-04-2018 at 11:10 AM.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:49 AM
Banned
32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute
looks like the wrong dust shield. the gap in the caliper looks smaller than the lip on the boot

Old 01-18-2015, 08:22 AM
Banned
32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute
try zeckhausen racing. they have boots pistons etc for both stop tech and brembo. might be a better fitting part

Old 01-18-2015, 02:16 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Car-Narcissist View Post
Two problems with Zeckhausen...
  1. He uses outdated, open source e-commerce software that is notorious for security flaws. As a php coder for nearly 20 years, I've been through OS Commerce (what David uses) and it's riddled with holes that are easy to open. I simply could not buy from him. I did try to order by phone but he puts your data and card info through his website even if its just a phone order. There is no way he has a PCI compliance certificate when using this software.
  2. He sells the same Centric parts that I bought on Amazon for about half his price.
I'd like to support the smaller shop when I can but his website and pricing are off my radar. I would really liked to have chatted with him about these dust boots that dont fit to see if he has heard of this before but it wouldnt be fair to him to do that.

I'm sending these back to the Amazon seller (Car Parts King) and have just bought alternatives from Sonnen.
i did a set of mercedes calipers that i was unable to source thru the factory. 10$ each for the dust boots and 30$ for the pistons. no issue calling him directly and no c/c issues. was just a suggestion as mine fit perfect with no issues at all
have you tried fitting the boot with the piston removed? maybe its the piston thats causing the interference