6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Tuning/Modifications (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/tuning-modifications-27/)
-   -   KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/tuning-modifications/1112-ka-memory-my-mom-vincee-best-friend-michael-j-maring.html)

cjv 07-05-2009 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by art4iza (Post 2451393)
I hear you bro, that's is exactly why I changed my mind and went with 3.8L. Look at the new 9ff model with mid-size engine, 4.0L, and twin turbos but not sure what they used. Germans know what they are doing but US has pushed the boundaries of these cars way beyond imagination.

The German tuners usually use the KKK turbo's.

cjv 07-07-2009 06:37 PM

Another delay. S Car Go has not sent the parts to Performance Developments yet. I called Rob today and he says they will be shipped out tomorrow. :mad:

sharkster 07-07-2009 06:52 PM

Sounds frustrating but hang in there! With all the shipping you must have going on I'd just get your own UPS account and that way you can easily schedule shipping etc... From your pc?

cjv 07-08-2009 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by sharkster (Post 2454473)
Sounds frustrating but hang in there! With all the shipping you must have going on I'd just get your own UPS account and that way you can easily schedule shipping etc... From your pc?

Alex,

I really forgot about this car a long time ago. None of the dates have been met. On the bright side, it is getting real close now. Since most of the parts are now at Performance Developments I am seriously considering letting Neil assemble the motor. I would then let S Car Go put it into the car.

This will simply be a matter of who has available time now and who does not. We will cross this bridge when we have the pistons and rods in our possession.

I believe I'll use the time to visit Monaco Monte Carlo. :)

JP-S-St.Louis 07-08-2009 01:22 PM

Amazing where of this started and where it is now. I just looked back at the first post and noticed the 614WHP number. That was GREAT then but now you have more then doubled it. I look forward to seeing the completion. Great job of sticking with it.

sharkster 07-08-2009 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by cjv (Post 2455359)
Alex,

I really forgot about this car a long time ago. None of the dates have been met. On the bright side, it is getting real close now. Since most of the parts are now at Performance Developments I am seriously considering letting Neil assemble the motor. I would then let S Car Go put it into the car.

This will simply be a matter of who has available time now and who does not. We will cross this bridge when we have the pistons and rods in our possession.

I believe I'll use the time to visit Monaco Monte Carlo. :)

I hear you:( Heck we're doing motor build #2 on our RS already and shipping caused a 2 week delay for a correct liner etc... so I know where you're coming from to a degree... Monte Carlo is great this time of year so that should soothe some nerves!

You're very patient so that's commendable. Not sure who else could/would see a project through like this....

cjv 07-08-2009 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by sharkster (Post 2455468)
I hear you:( Heck we're doing motor build #2 on our RS already and shipping caused a 2 week delay for a correct liner etc... so I know where you're coming from to a degree... Monte Carlo is great this time of year so that should soothe some nerves!

You're very patient so that's commendable. Not sure who else could/would see a project through like this....

It shouldn't be too much longer. I'm only five plus years late :o ..... want to set up a shootout? :)

sharkster 07-09-2009 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by cjv (Post 2455689)
It shouldn't be too much longer. I'm only five years late :o ..... want to set up a shootout? :)

LOL on booth counts;)! I tell you, setting up a shoot out is such a PIA. Most of the companies end up acting like a bunch of babies and don't come through:(

cjv 07-09-2009 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by sharkster (Post 2456429)
LOL on booth counts;)! I tell you, setting up a shoot out is such a PIA. Most of the companies end up acting like a bunch of babies and don't come through:(

I expect to be done with my project this fall, hopefully before it starts raining. Neil says he can have the motor fully assembled for me four days after he has the rods and pistons. Maybe we can arrange get a couple fast cars from the West Coast together for some simple runs or track time comparisons. Have any suggestions for a lineup?

PS I thought you were on vacation.

dwishen 07-11-2009 09:25 AM

Chad, I know in the past you have been cautious not to disclose too much about your collection, but what have you been having fun with in the time that KA has been down? Did you ever pick up a CGT or Veyron? Not trying to pry, just curious because this has to have been very frustrating at times. I know you almost shelved the project on several occasions, and I'm sure I speak for all enthusiasts when I commend you on seeing it through.

Best...

sharkster 07-11-2009 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by cjv (Post 2456784)
I expect to be done with my project this fall, hopefully before it starts raining. Neil says he can have the motor fully assembled for me four days after he has the rods and pistons. Maybe we can arrange get a couple fast cars from the West Coast together for some simple runs or track time comparisons. Have any suggestions for a lineup?

PS I thought you were on vacation.

Yes that sounds like fun! Sac has the best 1/4mile track in our area although we could go down South... maybe the AZ boys would join in that way?

I was/am but you know how that goes:D

art4iza 07-11-2009 11:41 AM

Chad, what is the latest on this beast?

cjv 07-11-2009 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by sharkster (Post 2458953)
Yes that sounds like fun! Sac has the best 1/4mile track in our area although we could go down South... maybe the AZ boys would join in that way?

Alex,

I really would like to keep it simple. The only way to do that would be for a track, strip to be rented for a day or two, probably could not have it open to the public (insurance and liability purposes}, and the different tuners/builders bring the best sample of their wares. That way only the best of what they believe they have will be offered.

I also believe it needs to be limited to a eight or less cars. I would hope those wanting to participate could do it in the spirit of fun, realizing that any car can have an off day or could excel in any given day.

It would be a bonus if we could get a magazine to cover it.

From my own perspective, I'd really like to see 1badgt2's, joetwint's, Markski's. robmd99's, VR Alexander and maybe art4iza's car participate. But I'm open to anything.

cjv 07-12-2009 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by sharkster (Post 2458953)

Alex,

I have PM'ed a few people. Joetwint, rbmd99 and Art4iza said they would come. Heck, with you and me that would make five. I have sent PM's to 1badgt2 and markski but have not heard from them yet. Any suggestions for the next slot?

joetwint 07-12-2009 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by cjv (Post 2459367)

From my own perspective, I'd really like to see 1badgt2's, joetwint's, Markski's. robmd's, VR Alexander and maybe art4iza's car participate. But I'm open to anything.

ALL very good suggestions,and maybe add a Switzer car to that.