Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 07-12-2003, 05:21 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Smile cjv/s car go

Just paid a visit to my car at S Car Go Racing. I will be continuing the progress reports as they come along. As a summary Dave Colman, a writer for Excellence Magazine will be witnessing the dyno run at RPM Tuning this coming Wednesday morning, July 16th. From there ther car will be taken to Infineon for acceleration tests. Also to be conducted by Dave Colman.

What is left to be done. S Car Go repaired the cyrogenic intake bulb in the S Car Go intake "Y." The "Y" was then wrapped with Thermo Tec 2000 degree tube wrap. The intake will be reinstalled today. While I was there Rob King finished the wrapping of the S Car Go 1-3/4" short stainless steel headers with Therma Tec 2000 degree exhaust wrap tape. The Europipe 85 mm muffler will also be wrapped. The kats and the expansion tank will be wrapped with Thermo Tec exhaust wrap tape and the mufflers with Therma Tec alumina sheet (good for 2000 degrees reflective heat). The rubber tube from the S Car Go Compressor turbo to the S Car Go intercoolers will also be wrapped in Therma Tec tube wrap. Next, S Car Go made a larger turbo oil tank for the passanger side turbo because the stock tank was too small (for the new turbo's) and was overfilling, resulting in a leak. It is strange Porsche made the driver side turbo oil tank about twice the side of the passanger side turbo oil tank. The modified tank will be installed Monday. In addition, the new S Car Go wheel spacers will be finished and installed by Tuesday along with the mounting of the BFG Drag Radials (265/35-18 fronts and 315/30-18's rear).

Work should be completed Tuesday. The car test driven Tuesday and then off to the dyno shop and Infineon on Wednesday, July 16th. Anyone who would like to see the dyno, watch the acceleration tests or meet Dave Colman are welcome to attend.

Old 07-12-2003, 05:25 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Outstanding CJV -- looking forward to a Wed evening report (with performance specs).

Old 07-12-2003, 06:07 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Chad - cant wait to hear the full reports

Old 07-12-2003, 06:46 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
I just hope when we run the car on Tuesday that the air fuel ratios don't go lean due to the recent modifications.

Old 07-12-2003, 11:55 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by cjv
I just hope when we run the car on Tuesday that the air fuel ratios don't go lean due to the recent modifications.
Wear some protection and run 100 octane to be safe

Old 07-13-2003, 05:41 AM
cjv
sharkster,

Whenever we are in any mode over 1.1 bar we use 100 octane.

Old 07-14-2003, 08:05 PM
cjv
Alex,

Are you going to be able to join us at Infineon on Wednesday, July 16th?

Old 07-15-2003, 12:32 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Nod that sounds much safer to me I have a small pice of work to do tomorrow. As long as I finish that, I'm up for it

Old 07-15-2003, 11:33 PM
cjv
We have a Wednesday, July 16, 8 AM appointment for a dyno run at RPM. We will meet Dave Colman at S Car Go Racing at 2 PM and then head over to Infineon for the acceleration tests.

Old 07-15-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by cjv
We have a Wednesday, July 16, 8 AM appointment for a dyno run at RPM. We will meet Dave Colman at S Car Go Racing at 2 PM and then head over to Infineon for the acceleration tests.
OK sounds good. I have some work stuff I have to do but can probably get away around 2 or so... I'll try leave earlier. Areyou planning on running as soon as you get there or running a few times throughout the day? We should line up together lol... I want to see your guy go by me at WOT as if I am tied to a tree

Old 07-16-2003, 12:14 AM
cjv
Alex,

We will have to go through tech, get in line and then make as many runs as Dave Colman wants to make.

Old 07-16-2003, 12:19 AM
Sounds good I'll see you there. Normally I would say, you'll hear me coming but at the drag strip we'll be the quietest cars out there

Old 07-16-2003, 06:36 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Chad what are the sizes of your fiske wheels ?

Old 07-16-2003, 07:25 PM
jcramair1 is on a distinguished road
Chad what's the news??

Old 07-16-2003, 11:56 PM
cjv
The size of my Fikse wheels are 9.5" and 12.0".

The dyno run today was a little bitter sweet. We lost HP, it dropped from 614 to 588 rwhp. The torque went from 582 to 609 rwt.

At Infineon Dave Colman ran a 11.7, 11.6 and a 11.4. All his speeds were in the 126 mph. The car ran well with two exceptions. The tires were spinning on the wheels and the HP we lost. We believe the HP was lost due to the cryogenic bulbs. The bulbs had a 5% flow loss. We did not believe it would hurt but it did. It seems we lost about 5% of our HP. The bulbs will now be removed and we will try a double wall jacket over about three inches on the intake.

Last edited by cjv; 07-16-2003 at 11:59 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring