Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 08-20-2005, 08:38 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Mike,

Here are some more expanded shots.

Old 08-20-2005, 08:46 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Craig,

Great turbo pics ........... thanks.

Old 08-20-2005, 10:15 AM
3.6TT/2 = 1.8T
Kraftwerk will become famous soon enoughKraftwerk will become famous soon enough
Got any spare turbos lying around? Possibly K04's, I know they are a little small for your car. Thought I'd ask. In all seriousness the project is coming along well, I've been following for a long time now. I hope to see the result soon, all this waiting is killing me. The thought of videos of a 1000+hp turbo makes me salivate.

Old 08-20-2005, 12:27 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Craig - thanks for posting the pics of your stage 7's. What is Keving using for turbine housings in those?

Mike

Old 08-21-2005, 01:17 AM
cjv
Here are pics of the 1995 K24 GT2 hot side turbo shells and S Car Go Racing 1-3/4" headers which were coated with the HP Coating Extreme. This coating will protect to temperatures of 2,600 degrees F.

Old 08-21-2005, 01:28 AM
cjv
Now for the unknown. GT3 Cup heads ported, polished and machined for larger valves. The combustion chambers and exhaust ports have been coated to promote flame travel and protect the heads from nitro, nitrous and boost of up to thirty-eight pounds.

Old 08-21-2005, 01:36 AM
cjv
Combustion chambers and exhaust ports coated by HP Coating to protect the heads to 2,600 degrees F. This also promotes better flame travel.

The HP Coating to the chambers and exhaust ports should reduce the head temperatures by approx. 500 degree F. The heat the circulating system normally would have had to dissipate will now be used to produce added power.

Note: polished/relieved intake ports and coated exhaust ports.

Super exotic metal, super light and HP Coated valves to compliment the heads. Less heat into the heads equal cooler running motor and less detonation.

Old 08-21-2005, 02:19 AM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
The HPC Extreme Coating is worth the money and truly amazing. They use that stuff on Indy cars. I have had it on all of my Supras(1000+ HP) and what is crazy is after rodding on the car, 10 minutes after turning it off you can actually touch the exhaust manifold!

Old 08-21-2005, 01:42 PM
cjv
Originally posted by ZLP
The HPC Extreme Coating is worth the money and truly amazing. They use that stuff on Indy cars. I have had it on all of my Supras(1000+ HP) and what is crazy is after rodding on the car, 10 minutes after turning it off you can actually touch the exhaust manifold!
ZPL,

Were you able to determine any extra power or reduced running temperatures attributed to the coating? What parts did you coat?
Appreciate any feedback.

Old 08-21-2005, 05:10 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally posted by cjv
ZPL,

Were you able to determine any extra power or reduced running temperatures attributed to the coating? What parts did you coat?
Appreciate any feedback.
I had the exhaust manifold, turbo, and downpipe coated. I am certain it helped the temp out which would translate into more power. You cant really tell on a dyno though. For a 996TT I think the hot side of the turbo would be a must. I wouldnt do the manifold personally on a 996TT because, first off the manifold is out in to open air and really doesn't effect the engine temps as much as being under the hood in an enclosed space. Second of all the Extreme Coating chips VERY easily. One time in my supra I had a coolant line develop a pin hold leak and sprayed coolant all over and when it touched the Extreme Coating it made it crack and chip. So with your car having the mani's out in the elements where they will come in contact with debris and water I would probably pass. Your turbos on the other hand would make a bigger difference since they are tucked away and certainly put out a lot of heat in that confined space. Sorry for the run on... lol. BTW I am up in the Bay Area now(Pleasanton) so I would love to check out this beast sometime and meet you guys.

Old 08-22-2005, 10:49 AM
cjv
Originally posted by ZLP
I had the exhaust manifold, turbo, and downpipe coated. I am certain it helped the temp out which would translate into more power. You cant really tell on a dyno though. For a 996TT I think the hot side of the turbo would be a must. I wouldnt do the manifold personally on a 996TT because, first off the manifold is out in to open air and really doesn't effect the engine temps as much as being under the hood in an enclosed space. Second of all the Extreme Coating chips VERY easily. One time in my supra I had a coolant line develop a pin hold leak and sprayed coolant all over and when it touched the Extreme Coating it made it crack and chip. So with your car having the mani's out in the elements where they will come in contact with debris and water I would probably pass. Your turbos on the other hand would make a bigger difference since they are tucked away and certainly put out a lot of heat in that confined space. Sorry for the run on... lol. BTW I am up in the Bay Area now(Pleasanton) so I would love to check out this beast sometime and meet you guys.

ZLP,

Thanks for the info. We extreme coated both the exhaust turbo's and the headers. Hope they don't crack and chip. I'm going to check with HPC about wrapping the turbo's and headers. There is no problem with the S Car Go headers being wrapped. I addition the S Car Go headers were designed so they are tucked up above the vital parts. There is no problem with them bottoming out. I don't know how the coating will take to the wrapping.

We should be seeing the valve springs and the exhaust valves returned from HP Coating late this week. The motor should be assembled and back in the car by the third week of September. Then the car will be sent out for dyno tuning. EVO is currently working on a GT3 turbo motor. I understood from Mike @ EVO their GT3 turbo motor was suppose to be finished the end of last week. That should be a big help as a starting base for the KA motor.

I believe S Car Go is going to have a shop party when KA returns. You will definitely be invited.

Old 08-22-2005, 01:06 PM
ZLP
Originally posted by cjv
ZLP,

Thanks for the info. We extreme coated both the exhaust turbo's and the headers. Hope they don't crack and chip. I'm going to check with HPC about wrapping the turbo's and headers. There is no problem with the S Car Go headers being wrapped. I addition the S Car Go headers were designed so they are tucked up above the vital parts. There is no problem with them bottoming out. I don't know how the coating will take to the wrapping.

We should be seeing the valve springs and the exhaust valves returned from HP Coating late this week. The motor should be assembled and back in the car by the third week of September. Then the car will be sent out for dyno tuning. EVO is currently working on a GT3 turbo motor. I understood from Mike @ EVO their GT3 turbo motor was suppose to be finished the end of last week. That should be a big help as a starting base for the KA motor.

I believe S Car Go is going to have a shop party when KA returns. You will definitely be invited.
Wraping them is a great idea. Just wondering, what kind of engine management will you be using?

Old 08-22-2005, 04:57 PM
cjv
Originally posted by ZLP
Wraping them is a great idea. Just wondering, what kind of engine management will you be using?
We are going to start with a stock ECU. S Car Go Racing is now an Authorized EVO Flash Center. The car will probably be shipped down to GIAC to be tuned on their dyno. If that doesn't handle it we will go with Motec. Not looking forward to that because it would require replacing all the instruments and gauges among other things like ABS etc.

Old 08-22-2005, 05:17 PM
ZLP
Originally posted by cjv
We are going to start with a stock ECU. S Car Go Racing is now an Authorized EVO Flash Center. The car will probably be shipped down to GIAC to be tuned on their dyno. If that doesn't handle it we will go with Motec. Not looking forward to that because it would require replacing all the instruments and gauges among other things like ABS etc.
I am suprised no company has made a real plug and play EMS like the AEM for the 996TT's. AEM is making them for a lot of cars now including Vipers. You can use stock guages, abs, everything and still have the adjustability of a Motec including traction and boost/nitrous control. Why did you decide not to go with a custom dual ball bearing garrett on your car? We saw spool times lower by a few hundred rpms....

Old 08-22-2005, 05:26 PM
cjv
Originally posted by ZLP
I am suprised no company has made a real plug and play EMS like the AEM for the 996TT's. AEM is making them for a lot of cars now including Vipers. You can use stock guages, abs, everything and still have the adjustability of a Motec including traction and boost/nitrous control. Why did you decide not to go with a custom dual ball bearing garrett on your car? We saw spool times lower by a few hundred rpms....
KKK hot side is modified with Garrett bearings and custom impellar (Martinsetic 235). The compressor side is Garrett.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring