Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 09-25-2005, 06:54 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by 03-turbo911
Thanks for the explination Chad. I was interested because I heard that the "Spanish" case is alot stonger than the old one but was curious about the reason behind the factory's decision to change cases.
A good guess might be Porsche that was seeing some kind of movement at the crank/bearings.

Old 09-28-2005, 01:16 PM
carnut is on a distinguished road
Well I'm sure I've missed the l;atest push back of the completion date, but last I read the parts were to be all assembled by the 26th of September and then the car shipped for tuning. Still on track?

Old 09-28-2005, 10:27 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by carnut
Well I'm sure I've missed the l;atest push back of the completion date, but last I read the parts were to be all assembled by the 26th of September and then the car shipped for tuning. Still on track?
No carnut, we are not on track. S Car Go is a bit late although not all their fault. We recieved all the parts back in our possession a little over a week ago. The bottom end is assembled and I am awaiting pics. The heads should be assembled by the end of this week.

Hoping to have the car ready to start by October 31st.

Old 09-28-2005, 10:47 PM
carnut is on a distinguished road
Is Oct 31 before or after tuning?

Old 09-28-2005, 11:12 PM
cjv
Before tuning. However, we will have a starter program loaded that was sucessfully used on a turbo GT3 motor. So we won't be starting fro scratch.

Old 09-29-2005, 12:01 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Chad - where can I get some info on this GT3 Turbo engine I've been hearing about. I would love to learn about it.

Mike

Old 09-29-2005, 07:29 PM
cjv
carnut,

I don't know what is going on with S Car Go's schedule. I called today and Rob wasn't in. I called him on his cell phone and he said he had another delay due to the fact the oval bearings needed to be drilled. I don't know how many months we have had the oval bearings!

I'm really becoming tired of missed schedules. Winter is coming on and my current feelings are they can finish and/or store the car until Spring 2006. I'm just a little pissed.

Old 09-29-2005, 07:39 PM
cjv
Originally posted by Zippy
Hey Chad - where can I get some info on this GT3 Turbo engine I've been hearing about. I would love to learn about it.

Mike
Zippy,

What information are you looking for?

I don't know of any out there on the street yet. EVO is building a 3.6L one and I am building one with a few more cc's than stock.

Old 09-29-2005, 08:33 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by cjv
Zippy,

What information are you looking for?

I don't know of any out there on the street yet. EVO is building a 3.6L one and I am building one with a few more cc's than stock.
Originally posted by cjv
...we will have a starter program loaded that was sucessfully used on a turbo GT3 motor...
I was hoping someone had built one already and a write up was to be found somewhere. I am current with your thread Chad, but I'm always interested in reading more - particuliarily leading edge stuff. I thought there was a chance some tuner/builder in Europe had one on the road.

Mike

Last edited by Zippy; 09-29-2005 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:48 PM
cjv
Mike,

There are some track cars with them.

Old 09-29-2005, 08:53 PM
Thanks Chad - It would be very interesting to see how a 'basic' GT3 Turbo, in 'stock' trim would perform.

Old 09-29-2005, 08:54 PM
cjv
Originally posted by Zippy
Thanks Chad - It would be very interesting to see how a 'basic' GT3 Turbo, in 'stock' trim would perform.
A little over 850 hp @ 1.1 - 1.2 bar. Most of the race ones are pretty much stock GT3 motors that have had turbo's added.

Old 09-30-2005, 11:02 PM
Frosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud of
Hey CJV,

I've been following your threads on and off since the Rennlist days.

I've seen and read about lots of your modifications but did you ever compile a full complete list off all of your modifications. Body modifications, suspension, brakes, weight reductions, engines (which I know would be a few pages in itself), wheels, tires, etc...

I kind of lost track but which engine is this? I know there was the original one (stock internals) then there was the modified internals which I believe eventually got bored and stroked (to 3.8 then 4.0 liters?), but is this another engine or the same one?

It's fantastic that you kept this thread going. I guess why you get so many critics is because of proof. I have never been a skeptic, but one day (I know it's been a few years now) when you really do believe it's completed, dynos, 0-60 and 1/4 mile videos, modifications, pictures, magazine articles and the like needs to get posted, and then I believe many people will read this thread from the start, and whatever is left over from the old ones.

Good luck and I hope one day your dream comes true.

Old 09-30-2005, 11:34 PM
cjv
Originally posted by Frosty
Hey CJV,

I've been following your threads on and off since the Rennlist days.

I've seen and read about lots of your modifications but did you ever compile a full complete list off all of your modifications. Body modifications, suspension, brakes, weight reductions, engines (which I know would be a few pages in itself), wheels, tires, etc...

I kind of lost track but which engine is this? I know there was the original one (stock internals) then there was the modified internals which I believe eventually got bored and stroked (to 3.8 then 4.0 liters?), but is this another engine or the same one?

It's fantastic that you kept this thread going. I guess why you get so many critics is because of proof. I have never been a skeptic, but one day (I know it's been a few years now) when you really do believe it's completed, dynos, 0-60 and 1/4 mile videos, modifications, pictures, magazine articles and the like needs to get posted, and then I believe many people will read this thread from the start, and whatever is left over from the old ones.

Good luck and I hope one day your dream comes true.
Hi Frosty,

It has been a long time. This motor is number three.

This thread is the only information I currently have posted. Granted it doesn't have pre July 2003 modifications. You have a great memory as there were topics discussed then that do not appear in this thread.

As for when the motor will be complete ............... I really don't know. S Car Go Racing has all the parts in their possession. There is really no good excuse why she shouldn't be on the road in two to three weeks.

Old 10-01-2005, 12:07 AM
Frosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud of
What about a time line?

Considering this is the third motor (I've just been browsing through this thread for a few hours) has this latest motor taken you longer or shorter than the others?

Is the displacement still 4 liters or has it been bumped up?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring