Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Old 10-24-2005, 06:09 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by sharkster
Alex told me he dropped in! Sadly he said it didn't look close to being ready Fingers crossed tho!
The fact he is curious in finding out what is really going on is great by me.

Hey, what can I say. Rob has been on vacation for a week and then last week he hyper extended his knee.

I'm not too worried about it. The tranny and differencial won't be back from BMC until mid November. And .................. the party isn't until December 3rd.

Old 10-24-2005, 10:01 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by cjv
The fact he is curious in finding out what is really going on is great by me.

Hey, what can I say. Rob has been on vacation for a week and then last week he hyper extended his knee.

I'm not too worried about it. The tranny and differencial won't be back from BMC until mid November. And .................. the party isn't until December 3rd.
Hehe well I think he was close by and knew him from before and probably wanted to give him some **** for not having finished the car yet! Hopefully it worked and the car will get finished soon

I'm still gonna be the pace car for teh first 60 feet...

Old 10-25-2005, 01:28 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by ebaker
Interesting you're using 2" rod journals, just like the Chevys. I assume thats smaller than stock rod journals. It's nice to be able to use standard USA parts. I'd bet the 996TT Carillo rods are small block Ford forgings machined to Porsche size. Do you know the stock 996TT rod length? I'd like to know the rod length ratio of my stock engine.
ebaker,

I spoke with Rob this morning. My rods are the same length as the stock rods. He said the GT3 rods come in two different lengths. Both are longer than the turbo rods. Rob says he agrees with your description of the rod angle and pressure. He says he has addressed it with the larger journal widths, smaller journal diameter, NASCAR oval bearings and steel liners.

Old 10-28-2005, 03:25 PM
Porscha is on a distinguished road
Intercooler Sizes

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cjv
[B]Guy,

I only wish I had that much room. That isn't to say there isn't extra room. We did a pretty good job with the extra room available.

QUOTE]
Chad,
What size IC cores are you running now? Did you have to modify the ducting to and from the IC's? I have heard good things about Secan cores from France. RS Tuning sell these for €6,500 each!! Any body have any feedback on these?

Old 10-28-2005, 06:46 PM
cjv
Re: Intercooler Sizes

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Porscha
[B]
Originally posted by cjv
Guy,

I only wish I had that much room. That isn't to say there isn't extra room. We did a pretty good job with the extra room available.

QUOTE]
Chad,
What size IC cores are you running now? Did you have to modify the ducting to and from the IC's? I have heard good things about Secan cores from France. RS Tuning sell these for €6,500 each!! Any body have any feedback on these?
Porscha,

I use to have the dimensions, but I am having trouble finding them now. I will call Rob tomorrow and get them for you.

I have heard good things about Secan also, but to date no efficiency figures. The trick to the intercoolers is the design of the cross tubes and the fins. The width will help only to a certain width. Again I used to have all these numbers. The design of the chambers especially at the ends is also very important.

We have an Andial intercooler temp...... in, out and delta reader. Again I use to have the numbers. I remember something like an 88-90% efficiency. I don't believe anyone is going to do much very better than that.

Old 10-28-2005, 08:11 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Where we at? Any news! It rained yesterday

Old 10-28-2005, 10:55 PM
cjv
Originally posted by sharkster
Where we at? Any news! It rained yesterday
sharkster,

It's come along very nicely since the last report on October 4th. After reading some of the less than positive posts on some of the threads we figured instead of posting further details/pics we would wait until the party and show/explain to whoever was interested in showing up.

This way no one will have anything to be upset about the Taffy Pulling Contest at St. Peter's or is it a Peter Pulling Contest at St. Taffy's?

Old 10-29-2005, 04:58 AM
Porscha is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by cjv
sharkster,

It's come along very nicely since the last report on October 4th. After reading some of the less than positive posts on some of the threads we figured instead of posting further details/pics we would wait until the party and show/explain to whoever was interested in showing up.

This way no one will have anything to be upset about the Taffy Pulling Contest at St. Peter's or is it a Peter Pulling Contest at St. Taffy's?
Please keep us updated. Being in miserable UK, we cannot make the coming out party! Thanks for the info on the IC's, let me know sizes if you get them.

Old 10-30-2005, 09:20 AM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
Chad,

Please don't let a few negative comments deter you from sharing the info.

I will probably not be able to attend the party, but I am very interested in staying updated on your project.

Greg A

Old 10-30-2005, 10:47 AM
ebaker is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by cjv
Just another bit of information. The stock turbo rods are about 3 mm longer than the GT3 rods and the GT3 RS rods are about 12.5 mm longer than the GT3 rods. I believe they do this to the racing motors because it changes the angle and allows them to live longer at higher rpm's.

Oh what fun this has been.

Should have some pics tomorrow of our mocked up custom Killer Angel piston.
So stock rods are 127mm (5"), GT3 are 130mm, and GT3RS are 143.5mm.(?)

Old 10-30-2005, 11:50 AM
cjv
ebaker,

I will ask Rob on Monday for a measurement.

Old 10-30-2005, 12:01 PM
cjv
Teflon, Porscha, sharkster, Bill W, 03turbo911, Frosty, Zippy, Fat-911, Red944, Shonuf, Bruce, FrodeFE

I will ask Rob to send me some updated pics. I will e-mail you guys the pics next week as to the progress.

Old 11-01-2005, 10:11 AM
Bill W is on a distinguished road
Chad I would like to be included on the list of people that receive updates on your car too. I followed you here from Rennlist to keep up with your journey so don't leave me hanging now, I am on the wrong coast to come to the unveiling party.

Old 11-01-2005, 11:55 AM
cjv
ebaker.

I called Rob this morning. He has both of the GT3 rods. He didn't know the exact center to center, so I asked him to wing it using a mm ruler. Using this method, one rod's approx. center to center is 129 mm and the other is 137 mm. I asked Rob if this was for the Cup and the RS motors. He said they are interchangeable and are used on either with the correct pistons. According to him, all of the GT3 motors use one of these two lengths.

The earlier pic is of the longer titanium Pankl rod.

Old 11-01-2005, 02:36 PM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by Bill W
Chad I would like to be included on the list of people that receive updates on your car too. I followed you here from Rennlist to keep up with your journey so don't leave me hanging now, I am on the wrong coast to come to the unveiling party.
Same here.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring