Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 12-17-2006, 05:23 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
These rods have two oil holes on the wristpin side. The journals are 2.0 diameter designed for the NASCAR oval bearing.

Last edited by cjv; 05-18-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:47 PM
mt72 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow this is some quality work & parts
What brand are our rods ? carrillo ....
Head work look very very well done
oil pump 8k .... speachless
wow +++ rep

Old 12-17-2006, 06:55 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mt72
wow this is some quality work & parts
What brand are our rods ? carrillo ....
Head work look very very well done
oil pump 8k .... speachless
wow +++ rep
The rods were made by Pauter. www.pauter.com

Old 12-17-2006, 10:11 PM
cjv

Last edited by cjv; 05-18-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:17 PM
JarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of light
Chad, I am going to have Darren ban you from posting pictures unless they are of parts being put TOGETHER! Glad to see progress finally being made.

Old 12-17-2006, 10:33 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by JarodL
Chad, I am going to have Darren ban you from posting pictures unless they are of parts being put TOGETHER! Glad to see progress finally being made.
Jarod,

The motors have been together, tested, apart, tested and apart. The final assembly will be in January.

Heck, Jarod, personel from PMS have come over to check out what we did to the cams and cranks.

Last edited by cjv; 12-18-2006 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:11 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
[quote=cjv]The case has been shuffle pinned to keep the crank from walking. Note the 962 three index oil pump. It has three pick ups (one picks the oil up off the heads). This pump costs over 8k today by itself.

oh hell yes... the one we normally use is the GT3-R one which is about 25/% or that but does have an additional pick up.. so call it two:0

Last edited by cjv; 05-18-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:12 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
These rods have two oil holes on the wristpin side. The journals are 2.0 diameter designed for the NASCAR oval bearing.[/quote]

Are those pauter?? Or who's?

Old 12-19-2006, 10:35 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by sharkster
Are those pauter?? Or who's?
Yes, they are pauter.

These are not stock dimension rods. The journal size has been reduced for the NASCAR oval bearings. The wrist pin size has been changed and an extra oil hole has been added to the wrist pin bore.

Last edited by cjv; 12-20-2006 at 11:29 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:13 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cjv
Yes, they are pauter.

These are not stock dimension rods. The journal size has been reduced for the NASCAR oval bearings. The wrist pin size has been changed and an extra oil hole has been added to thewrist pin bore.
I was over at CCR dropping off some cranks and they had some Pauter's that were going to be used with the NASCAR bearings. They said it was the hot setup and good for a lot of RPM. Trick stuff!

Old 12-20-2006, 11:50 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by ZLP
I was over at CCR dropping off some cranks and they had some Pauter's that were going to be used with the NASCAR bearings. They said it was the hot setup and good for a lot of RPM. Trick stuff!
ZPL,

They did the work for us on the GT3 RS crank (with the ovals) prior to having the stroker cranks manufacturered. The stroker crank was also made with the 2.0" journals for the NASCAR bearings. This crank will be used with the second motor assembly.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:20 PM
I use CCR as well

Old 01-01-2007, 01:45 PM
cjv
Back on 11-7-06 I had posted on this thread a discovery we had made about how to get more out of your intercoolers. I had shared this information with sharkster, Todd Z, Todd K and Rob King.

Recently I was reviewing the EVOMS website and discovered this. It was under there 996tt intercoolers as an option.

SWAIN Coating
SKU:ICOKCSSWAIN

Swain Tech Coatings is the leader in engineered thermal coatings. In the early 1970’s ceramic engineer Dan Swain developed the first successful ceramic thermal barrier coating. Since then, Swain Tech has remained the coating industry leader by continually developing coatings that increase power and durability that simply would not be obtainable without Swain’s coatings. For our ClubSport intercooler kit, where you want to get heat out of a part instead of holding it in, the Swain Tech BBE coating is applied to help further pull heat out of intercooler which helps further increase efficiency and power. Swain’s testing shows a ~10-15% heat dispersion efficiency increase with the BBE coating applied over the same part without any coating. Though the primary purpose of the coating is to improve cooling, the coating also offers a durable semi-gloss black finish.

As I said back then, it wouldn't take long until the cat was out of the back. Got to hand it to EVOMS ...... no grass grows under their feet.

Last edited by cjv; 01-01-2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:55 PM
dbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond repute
Chad - would it be worthwhile doing this to stock intercoolers?

Old 01-01-2007, 02:13 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by dbf73
Chad - would it be worthwhile doing this to stock intercoolers?
I don't believe they could. Aren't the stock end tanks plastic? Then again if the tanks could be removed they may be able to coat the cores only. I don't believe Swain advertises their intercooler coatings but you can call and inquire about being able to coat the stock cores only. www.swaintech.com

They have always been more than willing to spend the time to talk to me about many of the parts they coat as well as the benefits these coatings provide.

Last edited by cjv; 01-01-2007 at 02:20 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring