Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 11-13-2005, 08:13 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
I sent an e-mail to TiAL describing the motor and asking for their recommendation.

It will be interesting what their opinion is.

I was looking at the GT3 dyno chart on the Europipe website. That motor has a very good power curve from 2800 thru 7200 rpm's.

Old 11-14-2005, 01:51 PM
ChrisChow has a spectacular aura aboutChrisChow has a spectacular aura about
CJV-
I spoke to Alexander this morning and he asked for you to give him a call. He would not have a problem with giving you his car for a day or two to get a feel for the big turbos and Protomotive tuning.

Old 11-15-2005, 02:28 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by ChrisChow
CJV-
I spoke to Alexander this morning and he asked for you to give him a call. He would not have a problem with giving you his car for a day or two to get a feel for the big turbos and Protomotive tuning.
The offer is very gracious and much appreciated. We'll be giving Alexander a call as this would be a very big help in making our decision. I believe one to two hours would be all we would need.

We owe you guys.

Old 11-20-2005, 08:24 PM
JarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of light
Would love to see the latest pictures of the progress so far.

Old 11-20-2005, 08:31 PM
cjv
Originally posted by JarodL
Would love to see the latest pictures of the progress so far.
Should have some pics on Monday. Ran into another glitch. Didn't have a Porsche tool to install the larger bore pistons. We just recieved the tool last Thursday.

Old 11-20-2005, 10:43 PM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
Chad,

Have you had a chance to drive Alexander's car yet?

Greg A

Old 11-21-2005, 01:03 AM
cjv
Originally posted by teflon
Chad,

Have you had a chance to drive Alexander's car yet?

Greg A
Greg,

I asked Rob to give him a call. Have not heard from Rob about it yet.

Old 11-23-2005, 03:18 PM
Porscha is on a distinguished road
Chad,

I saw some pictures of your intake a while ago. I know you had some custom fabrication done but what intake did you start with? Was it Turbo based or GT3 or what? Did you ever consider twin throttle bodies - one for each bank?

Old 11-26-2005, 09:30 PM
cjv
Originally posted by Porscha
Chad,

I saw some pictures of your intake a while ago. I know you had some custom fabrication done but what intake did you start with? Was it Turbo based or GT3 or what? Did you ever consider twin throttle bodies - one for each bank?
Porscha,

The GT3 RSR uses a carbon fiber dual TB intake. We looked at this but couldn't figure a way to keep it smog compliant. Especially since the Bosch ECU couldn't handle the task. That doesn't mean someone couldn't do it, but it entailed far more work than we wanted to become involved in. We have our hands full trying to finish what we have already started.

Old 11-30-2005, 07:47 PM
mikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the rough
Hi Chad, I`m a new TT owner for about a month now and have ingested much info. I met Rob at SCARGO and I could tell he was proud of your project. I was wondering how your project is coming. I read all 111 pages of your odessy and find it facinating. The word Pioneer comes to mind. Anyway, please keep us up to date as I feel like a member of the R&D commitee. Great stuff Chad and best of luck in the final result, Mike

Old 11-30-2005, 08:25 PM
K24madness is on a distinguished road
Chad,

I have been tweeking with my car so much lately at SCARGO that they now refer to me as Chad junior. I take it as a compliment.

So far I have managed 502hp and 504tq on a mustang AWD dyno. Not bad for a 993tt.

I am having some new injectors installed by Rob today. I have shared the details with Rob and he may go the same route but larger on your car. These will give you all the flow needed yet idle perfect. PM me or talk to Rob for details.

Old 11-30-2005, 09:50 PM
cjv
Originally posted by mikerosi
Hi Chad, I`m a new TT owner for about a month now and have ingested much info. I met Rob at SCARGO and I could tell he was proud of your project. I was wondering how your project is coming. I read all 111 pages of your odessy and find it facinating. The word Pioneer comes to mind. Anyway, please keep us up to date as I feel like a member of the R&D commitee. Great stuff Chad and best of luck in the final result, Mike
Mike.

I was originally told the motor assembly would take three weeks. That was on October 1st. I understood when parts were a problem, but we have had all the parts since the end of September. I don't know what to think anymore. Last week I told Rob I wasn't going to call anymore. I asked him to let me know when the motor was installed. I don't have any idea as to how much farther along they have come. If I'm not expecting it by a certain date then I won't be disappointed anymore.

Old 11-30-2005, 09:56 PM
cjv
Originally posted by K24madness
Chad,

I have been tweeking with my car so much lately at SCARGO that they now refer to me as Chad junior. I take it as a compliment.

So far I have managed 502hp and 504tq on a mustang AWD dyno. Not bad for a 993tt.

I am having some new injectors installed by Rob today. I have shared the details with Rob and he may go the same route but larger on your car. These will give you all the flow needed yet idle perfect. PM me or talk to Rob for details.
We had installed larger injectors right before we bent the rods.

What type/size injectors did you install?

Old 11-30-2005, 10:37 PM
K24madness is on a distinguished road
I just installed some 60's. They replaced the stock 44's.

Sorry Chad I just finished looking and the 80's are low imp injectors. The ones I have are the latest seimens deka iv's high imp. These injectors are the only ones I would recommend from seimens. The older deka series were very poor and did not idle well.

These 60's will be to small for you.

Last edited by K24madness; 11-30-2005 at 10:50 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:56 PM
cjv
Originally posted by K24madness
I just installed some 60's. They replaced the stock 44's.

Sorry Chad I just finished looking and the 80's are low imp injectors. The ones I have are the latest seimens deka iv's high imp. These injectors are the only ones I would recommend from seimens. The older deka series were very poor and did not idle well.

These 60's will be to small for you.
Here is the stock injector (r) and the Injector we are using (l).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring