Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 10-19-2003, 02:31 AM
alamein is on a distinguished road
cjv, I didn't even realize threads were rated. You have one of the most tuned turbo's around, and while I won't ever tune mine to that stage, I personally like reading about it. Don't let the thread die !

Old 10-19-2003, 04:47 AM
Chris Y. is on a distinguished road
I noticed the drop too... How do I vote? Because if I could, I'd give it 10 of 5 stars!!! that should bring it back to 5

Old 10-19-2003, 07:06 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Go to the bottom of this page on the right there is a drop down menu to vote.

Old 10-19-2003, 08:19 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Hamann7,

Do you think Todd @ Protomotive could place a manual switch on the car that would disable the PSM completely. That is it would not re activate unless you manually switched it back on. This way we would have three traction modes, PSM on, PSM off which would automatically re activate by wheel slippage or tapping the brakes and PSM manually off with no auto re activation.

A race switch.

Last edited by cjv; 10-19-2003 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-19-2003, 09:09 AM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by cjv
Hamann7,

Do you think Todd @ Protomotive could place a manual switch on the car that would disable the PSM completely. That is it would not re activate unless you manually switched it back on. This way we would have three traction modes, PSM on, PSM off which would automatically re activate by wheel slippage or tapping the brakes and PSM manually off with no auto re activation.

A race switch.
PSM, if it's on, only reacts if there is tire slippage. If you're
sticking, it's not doing anything. When it's turned off, it
reaccts only when there's tire slippage *and* the brakes
are on. When you're not slipping, or slipping with no brakes,
it's not doing anything. PSM never switches back on permanently.
Therefore, you already have all you need, unless you absolutely
want to do more spinning when you're braking...
Joe

Joe

Old 10-19-2003, 09:18 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Joe, you correctly said what I was trying to convey. I want the switch so I can turn off the PSM and it stays off. There are certain situations where I prefer this. Actually, there are certain situations where I wish I could turn off the ABS.

Old 10-19-2003, 10:50 AM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Chad you better keep posting this stuff or else you are going to have to answer to me.

Old 10-19-2003, 10:56 AM
msindi is on a distinguished road
LOL - I agree Chad...Keep us informed...I think the rating on this thread got so low due to all the OT stuff within it - maybe start a new one?? Something like the stage XXXX thread you had where we onlly talk about your car and not other irrelevant stuff...

Old 10-19-2003, 07:09 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
cjv,

I would say that Todd probably could come up with a permanent disable for the PSM. I'll call him this week and see what he thinks.

Old 10-20-2003, 10:49 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by cjv
I have noticed this thread has gone down to a two star rating. Is it the opinion of a few or is it a majority? If it is a majority I will post no more updated information on my car and just let this thread die. I do not want to be posting this information if it is not wanted.
No way. Keep posting, very usfull and interesting. Just gave it 5 stars

-lou

Old 10-20-2003, 05:09 PM
caneaddict is a jewel in the roughcaneaddict is a jewel in the roughcaneaddict is a jewel in the roughcaneaddict is a jewel in the rough
Chad, when is the new engine being put in?

Old 10-21-2003, 10:24 PM
Banned
sticky is on a distinguished road
Is 650 rwhp on the stock bottom end? Any details on how this is holding up? How hard would it be for someone to replicate the work you did to your TT? It seems that this is mostly a custom project and not just a package you can buy.

Edit: What are you going to do with the old motor?

Old 10-22-2003, 07:07 AM
cjv
sticky,

I change the oil every 700 miles and the filter every other oil change. In addition I warm up the motor completely before pushing it at all. I also monitor temperatures and performed some things to insure the temperatures say normal.

It runs great, no problems. At this time I am keeping both motors.

Old 10-24-2003, 07:19 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Wow Chad....way to make me feel bad, I am dynoing my stage 2 car tomorrow and was very excited that it will most likely (better be) over 400RW power and torque... Very impressive though, I have never really commented on your car, but god damn....how does it feel to have the most powerfull TT
Regards,
Evan

Old 10-24-2003, 07:24 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Evan,
400RWHP on a AWD dyno would be 533FWHP. The K16s can't get over 500. You need those 24s

Great numbers Chad...Congrats!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring