Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 10-24-2003, 07:26 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by PorschePhD
Evan,
400RWHP on a AWD dyno would be 533FWHP. The K16s can't get over 500. You need those 24s

Great numbers Chad...Congrats!!
Its a RWD dyno , you know who is doing it....
Evan
PS-I thought stage 2 is 505 to the fly??

Old 10-24-2003, 07:26 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
OH, my bad...I thought that was AWD..Sorry about that. Enter foot in mouth here

Old 10-24-2003, 07:27 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Evan,

I feel like I'm about ready for a new clutch.

Old 10-24-2003, 07:28 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by cjv
Evan,

I feel like I'm about ready for a new clutch.
What kinda clutch does that power need stage 10??
Evan
Yea no prob Stephen...

Old 10-24-2003, 09:27 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Good news Chad!!! I called you today but you were out. I guess this was the first dyno since the 1.3 bar issue was resolved.

Old 10-24-2003, 10:01 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by PorschePhD
Evan,
400RWHP on a AWD dyno would be 533FWHP. The K16s can't get over 500. You need those 24s

Great numbers Chad...Congrats!!
Stephen,

What is the multiplier to get fwhp when using a mustang 4 wheel drive dyno?

Old 10-25-2003, 01:34 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
LSM,

I believe you multiply dyno hp by 1.28.

Old 10-25-2003, 01:42 AM
cjv
Duane,

Yes, the car was successfully run at 1.35 bar. The run was conducted with a constant 1.3 bar, however to attain that we spiked at 1.35. We still have an issue, we are not sure what it is. We disconnected the driveline and drove the car to RPM Dyno. The boost checked out on both sides of the throttle body during the trip at up to 1.5 bar. We loaded the car on the dyno and made a run. For some reason we again experienced a delta between the two sides of the throttle body. We disconnected the battery, waited a few minutes and re connected. We then made three more runs and did not experience a delta. Everything ran correctly. We disconnected the car from the dyno and drove back to S Car Go's shop and the delta between the throttle body was back again. Oh well, we are almost there.

Last edited by cjv; 10-25-2003 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-25-2003, 08:55 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
I use a back in number and the percentage of 20% loss on a AWD. So if you back into the number the equation is RWHP/.80=FWHP. Think of it as in Algebra. You know the answer to the equation, you just need to know the original number. FWHP=unknown.

Old 10-25-2003, 09:15 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Chad,

Is that a 2 or 4 wheel dyno? If it is 4 wheel and using Stephen's formula with the nitrous and Co2 you will have 888 flywheel hp?? Holy crap batman! UNREAL!

Old 10-25-2003, 09:52 AM
cjv
AMG ETR
"how does it feel to have the most powerfull TT"

It feels great, especially with what S Car Go Racing has done with the power curve under the redline , however time has shown this won't last long. I can remember approx. two years ago 500 hp was a milestone. A year ago 600 hp was the milestone. Starting approx. nine months ago and continuing, it was 700 hp with the likes of Gemballa, S Car Go Racing, Manthey, Sportech, Autothority, PES & EVOMS etc. I believe S Car Go has taken the forefront with street legal 996tt's.... at least for a brief moment.

Last edited by cjv; 10-25-2003 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-25-2003, 10:03 AM
deanger is on a distinguished road
I think we better change that to most poweful TT on this board... That is if Hamann will go along with that...

However, I know of two individuals who will never post on any board ever who have more powerful Porsche 996TT's among their large collections of cars

Their 996tt's are street legal...

What they spent is, in my estimates, obscene.

Old 10-25-2003, 11:25 AM
cjv
deanger,

I was simply responding to AMG ETR's earlier quote. Weather factual or not, I appreciated his kind words. At any rate, his comment couldn't be too far off. Since you are privy to "you know first hand they are more powerful" what these cars dyno'ed at, please don't keep it a secret. Please share the information on the numbers. We don't need any names. I for one would be rather excited to hear about the motors. I know more power is possible with the 3.8L displacement and GT3 heads. We have already proven that. On the other hand, if such changes have not been made it would be great to know more power is actually available without modifying the internals.

Last edited by cjv; 10-25-2003 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-25-2003, 12:45 PM
deanger is on a distinguished road
Those are a thing of beauty...

Old 10-25-2003, 03:00 PM
cjv
No Nitrous or CO2, the average hp and torque from 2300 rpm through 7400 rpm is 458.8 rwhp and 487.9 rwt.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring