Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 10-04-2003, 03:29 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Zippy,

Your motor is like a math equation. What you do to one side, you need to do to the other. You tune your ecu to the max. and then determine what you need, if anything, air or fuel. Remember, fuel makes power. If you add and get to a lean position, that is good news as more fuel is required. And again, fuel makes power.

In your current position, I would not touch a thing. If you were to add this intake, you would add the ability to add more air and a denser air. This would cause your motor to go leaner and in return you would have to re map for more fuel and in return more power.

If you are satisfied with the range you are in don't touch a thing. Another reason I would not touch a thing is you have the Stage II set up. This set up is in harmony with their parts. I believe it would be easier for you to go to a higher stage using their formula than to start using parts they currently do not have programming for. Stephen could definitely add more clarification to this.

Old 10-04-2003, 05:28 PM
Banned
sticky is on a distinguished road
How much does that carbon fiber intake piece cost?

Old 10-04-2003, 05:34 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
sticky,

You will have tp contact Rob @ S Car Go Racing. phone number is 415-485-6026, e-mail is robking@scargoracing.com

Old 10-04-2003, 07:14 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Can anyone else see these pics. I just get an error about 986host.com and a big fat "sorry"

Old 10-04-2003, 07:38 PM
cjv
Stephen,

EVOMS representatives are being blocked!

Actually Zippy was having the same problem, however he was able to rectify it with an adjustment. Something to do with his firewall?

Old 10-04-2003, 07:41 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
It is an Alliance. I am not a representative, SO LET ME IN

Well damn. I will check my settings.

Old 10-04-2003, 07:57 PM
L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !
Cjv,

Are you still using the lace up wrap on the intake pipe?

Thanks for the pics!

Old 10-04-2003, 08:13 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Since you wrapped your headers with thermo-tec it might be a good idea to do the cats also no?

Old 10-04-2003, 08:18 PM
cjv
sharkster,

I had wrapped the kats with the header wrapping and the muffler with the blanket. That was not S Car Go's idea, it was mine. Stef from Europipe contacted S car Go and told them not to wrap the muffler. I have sent them an e-mail and asked if it is alright to have the kats wrapped. Don't know at t his time, but I removed the muffler blanket.

Old 10-04-2003, 08:35 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I think it was David (VA) that was saying doing the cats would be a good idea, since they might actually flow/work better hot. Shrug. How much did your temps drop using that stuff also looks like you put on a few layers of it?

Old 10-04-2003, 09:03 PM
cjv
sharkster,

My fan rarely comes on now.

Old 10-04-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by cjv
sharkster,

My fan rarely comes on now.
Mine NEVER comes on now (with the key out that is).. Apparently due to the DME being ahem "worked" on they claim they can't fix that.

Old 10-04-2003, 09:46 PM
cjv
My fan comes on with the key out when temps. reach a certain temperature. Who can't fix that for you?

Old 10-04-2003, 10:19 PM
my porsche dealer.. the fan works otherwise.. they can't figure it out.

Old 10-04-2003, 10:23 PM
cjv
Alex,

Do you have a modified chip? Or is your temperature sensor probe broken. My probe broke once. It is very inexpensive and easy to replace.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring