Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 10-04-2003, 10:25 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Yeps. The temp sensor may be broken... I'll go look for it.

Last edited by sharkster; 10-05-2003 at 02:24 PM.
Old 10-04-2003, 10:28 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
I would definitely check the sensor. As much as I have a dislike for GIAC after how they treated me, I highly doubt they are the problem. Now, if a sensor replacement doesn't solve the problem.... .

Last edited by cjv; 10-05-2003 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-09-2003, 08:01 AM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
None of these pics are showing for me. All I see are 986host error messages.

Greg A

Old 10-09-2003, 08:32 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
teflon,

I understand it has something to do with "enabling cookies."

Old 10-09-2003, 08:38 AM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
I have cookies enabled. Your thread is the only one in which the pics won't show.

Greg A

Old 10-09-2003, 09:06 AM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
they work for me

Old 10-09-2003, 05:34 PM
cjv
Do you have a fire wall that could be causing problems?

Old 10-09-2003, 07:18 PM
Chad,
It isn't the firewall. I'll find a way around it, I hate to waste any more bandwidth talking about this issue. Thank you for the suggestions.

Greg A

Old 10-09-2003, 10:10 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Quick Fix: / File /Save as Web Archive Single File/ CJV page 4.mht I dont' know why this is happenning either. After you view your saved file once, you will always be able to see the picture on this thread, until new pictures are posted and then a file save is required to see the new stuff. Wierd. Where are the tech dudes when you need them?
Mike

Last edited by Zippy; 10-09-2003 at 10:14 PM.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:30 PM
msindi is on a distinguished road
If you use zone alarm pro or norton persoanl firewall you need to change your privacy setting to allow animation and/or popups....I used to have the same problems!!

Old 10-18-2003, 11:48 AM
cjv
The hp/torque is unreal along with unsafe for the stock internal motor. We terminated the dyno run at 6100 rpm's due to hp and torque being produced. There is no doubt in our mind we would have bent the rods had we continued. A decision has now been made to change the rods. At the same time we will install the GT3 two stage oil pump along with knife edging the crank.

Last edited by cjv; 10-18-2003 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-18-2003, 01:36 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Congrats Chad!!

Very good news to hear...
This makes for a definitely interesting shootout!

Next up Rods???

You know the old saying, "If you're not breaking parts, you're not trying hard enough!"

Nice work Chad!!
Big :thumbsup: to Todd @ Protomotive...

Now I'm thinking bringing my TT down to Todd for some ECU tweaking...

Old 10-18-2003, 03:54 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
Hey CJV,

Guess whose car Todd used to break the 1.3 bar ceiling!!!

My ECU is awesome! I LOVE my new power curve. I lower the boost but my car is faster than before, go figure...

I had faith in Todd that he could remove 1.3 bar restriction. I'll say this once and I'll say it again:

When it comes to Porsche ECU/ Motronic tuning, there is no one, and I mean NO ONE in North America who comes close to Todd Knighton @ Protomotive!

Hey Chad, so I guess now you can tell Garrett Lim and GIAC to kiss your ***!

Hey Matt @ Meridian, I hope you're ready for some embarrassment, we're about to show you what real Porsche tuning is all about. You should go back to tuning Italian garbage and Audis while you still have a chance to save face

Last edited by Hamann7; 10-18-2003 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-19-2003, 01:12 AM
cjv
Hamann7,

Todd did a great job. I greatly appreciate the use of your car to lead the way with the throttle body 1.3 bar shut down problem.

This goes to show Todd and Protomotive can solve any problem related to the OBDII ECU.

Last edited by cjv; 10-19-2003 at 08:14 AM.
Old 10-19-2003, 01:51 AM
cjv
I have noticed this thread has gone down to a two star rating. Is it the opinion of a few or is it a majority? If it is a majority I will post no more updated information on my car and just let this thread die. I do not want to be posting this information if it is not wanted.

Last edited by cjv; 10-19-2003 at 08:04 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring