Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 08-28-2003, 07:29 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
John,

Hamann's Protomotive built car is now going to be included in the test.

Old 08-28-2003, 06:09 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
awesome, this is going to be one hell of a test.

btw, hope the larger injectors work out

Old 08-28-2003, 06:49 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
We run 72 on batch systems and can idle like a kitten. We run 82 and higher on sequential fire systems. The quality of the injector will dictate how well it can be tuned. Not all injectors are created equal. You should have no issue running higher than 73. Also in theory 73 will not be enough to support 805HP...

Old 08-28-2003, 07:18 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
hey cjv, kinda personal question here (well concerning turbos lol) but I was wondering how much air flow you see from your guys? I've logged 47 pounds per minute although my car's not yet running correctly nor is it tuned right yet... I was thinking you should be around 70? Kevin's turbos apparently flow up to 62 pounds per minute...

Old 08-28-2003, 07:28 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Stephen,

You are correct. Seventy three pound injectors will not support 682 rwhp. However, you must look at what it is really supporting. In reality it is supporting 516 rwhp in mode one at 1.1 bar. It is assisting 614 rwhp in mode two at 1.25 bar. It supporting 635 rwhp in mode two with CO2 assist. The 682 is accomplished with fifty shot of N20. The N2O is a wet system and the plume injectors provide both N20 and fuel. By the way we still have one jet size to go. On paper we have the potential of 702 rwhp with the next step.

So Stephen, with the above information.... what poundage number would you run?

Last edited by cjv; 08-28-2003 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:04 PM
cjv
sharkster,

I don't know.

Old 08-28-2003, 08:23 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Well if you actually run 702 the 82# would fall a little short if you were looking at the max duty cycle. There are so many variables to injector size that it is not cut and dry. Things such as rail pressure and once again the quality of the injectors. Some injectors handle going up higher than others. I know nothing of RC in regards to quality. I would start with the 82#.

Old 08-28-2003, 09:05 PM
cjv
Stephen,

I am not sure if I am explaining myself clearly. The injectors for the NOS N2O are a complete second set. These injectors are in addition to the RC Engineering Injectors. The NOS injectors inject both N20 and the additional fuel for the N2O.

Old 08-28-2003, 09:13 PM
Well, that would work. The only issue is 7.8 doesn't have any way to control a GPO. I supect you still will be using an AIC of some nature?

Old 08-28-2003, 09:26 PM
cjv
The NOS (Nitrous Oxide Systems) injectors are controlled by the NOS Digital Programer. The fuel system must have 51 psi of fuel or the NOS system will shut down, the clutch sensor must sense the clutch is not depressed, you must have wide open throttle, you must be in the rpm range of (in my case and it is adjustable) 4400 thru 6600 rpm's (DIS Window Switch). Once the system is activated the programmer pulses the N2O and fuel in 10 rwph shots, increasing by ten hp every 1/10 of a second, ie. 10, 20, 30, 40, 50. So at the end of one half of a second, fifty rwhp has been added.

Last edited by cjv; 08-28-2003 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-29-2003, 07:53 AM
Ahhh ok, so they have an AIC already aligned with the progressive control. Nice idea. NOS hardware has come a long way since I played with it aggressively. LOL, it will have to go a lot longer though before I play with it again. Better you than me

Old 08-29-2003, 05:33 PM
cjv
Stephen,

Soon I will be taking it one step further. Putting temperature probes on each header tube where the exhaust exits the exhaust port.

Old 08-29-2003, 06:09 PM
Next should be a set of these.....

Attached Images  
Old 08-29-2003, 06:10 PM
Then 4 more of these....

Attached Images  

Last edited by PorschePhd; 08-29-2003 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-29-2003, 07:37 PM
cjv
Stephen,

Already have my rods. What are you trying to say in the second pic?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring