Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 01-14-2005, 09:18 PM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
Hmmm...is that where they're located? The number I have for them is in NYC.

Greg A

Old 01-16-2005, 06:54 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by teflon
cjv,

Sure, I'd love to give you a detailed report on Cartridge and all of their wonderful, exotic products...only, I can't. This fella named Robert is very secretive and I think you know somebody (not me) who can get that info for you. I do know that a lot of their parts might be found on certain ALMS and Grand-AM 911s.

Greg A
teflon,

It think I was confused. Are you talking about my friend Robert Linton?

Old 01-17-2005, 12:58 PM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
Yes I am. Now I'm confused. Who did you think I was talking about?

Greg A

Old 01-17-2005, 02:00 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by teflon
Yes I am. Now I'm confused. Who did you think I was talking about?

Greg A
About two years ago I was looking for a front differencial that would take the power KA would be generating. I was unable to locate any sources. Robert did not do this particular type of work, however, he lead me to a contact in UK who did. This contact builds mostly parts for the F1 teams.

Robert Linton has to be one of the most knowledgable people I have ever spoken with regarding Porsche's. If anyone wants to see some of Robert's work go to 6speeds 964 board and the top three or four threads are his with pics of his extra special ride. He is in a class all of his own.

Old 01-18-2005, 09:31 PM
cjv
I apologize for this taking a little longer to wind up this motor than we anticipated. Earlier I stated we decided to swap the older design 996tt case for the newer ribbed one. The reason being the newer case will handle more power.

Well, we sent the new case out to be aligned bored and shuffle pinned. We started to install the GT1 three idex oil pump and we ran into another hurdle. We were able to fit the GT1 oil pump into the older design case, however we have encountered another obstacle in the newer design case. One of the ribbs on the newer designed case presents a slight obstruction to the GT1 pump. S Car Go Racing is studing the problem and hopes to have a resolution by the middle of this week. If not, then it will be back to the older design case. If S Car Go resolves this, then we will start boat tailing the new case. Hope to post some pics soon.

Old 01-18-2005, 10:45 PM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Just go with the older case cjv. I don't think trying to modify the new case is worth the aggrivation.

Old 01-19-2005, 06:48 AM
cjv
Originally posted by 03-turbo911
Just go with the older case cjv. I don't think trying to modify the new case is worth the aggrivation.
03-turbo911,

We really enjoy the challenges. If we didn't this project would have ended a long time ago. When you look at the motor specs of the 9ff V400 car that just broke the McLaren record, you realize this motor is going to be the cutting edge (for awhile at least). We just don't want to take any short cuts.

We are still hoping to have the car ready for the start of the good weather here in California. We are now anticipating an early March to early April completion. This is providing we don't have to design, build and install liquid inner coolers. One thing at a time.

Old 01-19-2005, 01:18 PM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
I understand completely. Man, wish I had your patience!

Old 01-19-2005, 08:34 PM
cjv
Here we go. At the risk of being presumputious, you may very well be viewing the birth of the quickest street 996tt in he world.
GT3 RSR case fitted with GT1 oil pump. Note the shuffle pinning.

Two of the three GT 1 oil pump pick ups.

Old 01-19-2005, 08:46 PM
cjv
Another view of the shuffle pins.

Note the ribs on the newly designed 996 case.

Oh, I almost forgot. S Car Go Racing says they can fit the GT1 oil pump to the newly designed 996 GT3 RSR case ......... and make it work properly.

Old 01-19-2005, 09:36 PM
cjv
Next the case will be mocked up with the cams so as to determine how much we need to flycut the Woosner 102 mm pistons. This will be completed by Friday. Pics to follow soon.

Old 01-20-2005, 08:36 AM
cjv
It looks like the market for exotic 996tt's is awakening. I just read 9ff is making and selling twelve of their 833 bhp monsters for 398,000 euro apiece.

No, KA isn't for sale.

Old 01-23-2005, 08:22 AM
cjv
I spoke with Rob at S Car Go Racing regarding flycutting the Woosner pistons. They went out yesterday to have 2 mm removed. Will re mock-up on Tuesday and see if any more is required.

As a side note, I was talking (through e-mail) to a fellow member yesterday and was informed Woosner no longer has or sells (wasn't sure judging from the e-mail) liners for their 102 and 104 mm pistons. I believe FVD markets this manufacturer in the US). Does Evan or anyone else have any information?

Old 01-28-2005, 08:52 PM
cjv

Old 01-29-2005, 09:30 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by cjv
Mike,

If you are putting the power down to mostly one rear tire instead of two then you are wasting alot of power. With PSM, when one tire starts to slip, it closes the throttle body. No matter how you look at it, if you slip, you lose acceleration.

Just think back to the old Detroit Muscle Cars with and without Posi Traction. None of the real powerful cars came with anything but Posi Traction. The GT2, GT3, GT3 Cup and GT3RS all have Posi Traction. The turbo does not. The turbo has a mechanical differencial versus the hydralic one used on the racing Porsche's.

The cost of the PT is approximately $1,800.00 plus installation. That is unless you can find yourself a good used one...... like I did.
Chad: Jumping back to L.S.D. for a second.... will this work with PSM? It sounds like there could be a significant conflict if the computer is trying to brake with 1 of the rear tires and the mechanical LSD has the rear axle locked up.

BTW - what does flycutting the pistons mean? What is getting trimmed off? Part of the skirt?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring