Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Painting Porsche exterior plastic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 09:02 AM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
Painting Porsche exterior plastic

I seem to recall there are issue with this? ...... reason for question, I am thinking of painting rear reflector lens (on new C4S, to car color).

Is there any reason this type of plastic can't be prepped properly to avoid any adhesion isues?
Seems I recall there were issues with adhesion on some previous Porsche-sourced plastics ..... and the paint tended to bubble or orange peal.

TIA

Old 01-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Banned
Porschekalle is a splendid one to beholdPorschekalle is a splendid one to beholdPorschekalle is a splendid one to beholdPorschekalle is a splendid one to beholdPorschekalle is a splendid one to beholdPorschekalle is a splendid one to beholdPorschekalle is a splendid one to behold
back in Germany I had painted my 993 Turbo reflector and lenses black and I had no issues during and after it was done. took spiess hecker clear coat and mixed flat black by.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:58 AM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
Thanks .... yep, yesterday we shot the rear reflector on a new C4S ..... looks great ..... no problem.