Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Vivid Racing - Caveat Emptor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2023, 02:06 PM
993_Pilot is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Vivid Racing - Caveat Emptor

So I am going to vent here in an attempt to hopefully save someone else from going through what I did with Vivid Racing. In August ‘22, I ordered a GT2 style Carbon Fiber add-on wing to replace the factory wing a 997 Turbo tail. This wing was beautiful…. But after attempting to mount it, I discovered that it was threaded improperly with M10-1.5 pitch threads instead of M10-1.25. I reported this to Vivid racing, and asked for a return shipping label and a replacement wing. I was told that I would have to ship it back to them for inspection before they would consider anything. This cost me $115 due to the bulk / size. When I asked about the replacement, they said to give them a few months because they wanted to inspect all their inventory, and they refunded my purchase price money (not the shipping). So I asked them about at least refunding my return shipping, since this was clearly a problem / defect with their part. I was refused but told that they might consider something if I reordered in a few months. This should have been my first clue that this was not a reputable vendor. So summer of ‘22 goes by and my car gets put away for winter. Winter of ‘22-‘23 was brutal out west, so let’s fast-forward to (late) spring. In May 2023 with my previous experience behind me, and the frustration faded, I (foolishly) ordered the exact same GT2 style carbon fiber wing for a factory 997 turbo tail again. Shockingly, I received another wing with the exact same issue of being improperly threaded. After 8 weeks of going back and forth with them over this, they finally agreed to send me a shipping label, with the caveat that they would deduct a little over $40 from my refund, Since that was a far cheaper rate than I could get on my own, I took it.
At this point, I am out $155+, because they sent me a defective part, TWICE! I would understand if this was an elective return because I changed my mind, or something similar. Now $155 isn’t going to break me, by any means, but for me, it’s the principle…. This was their issue with sending defective parts, not once, but twice! I have had issues with parts ordered from other vendors before, but the way most others have dealt with them is in stark contrast to how poorly I was treated by Vivid Racing. Needless to say, I am done with Vivid Racing, and my advice to anyone considering making a purchase with them, is “Caveat Emptor”.

Note: I realize the lead “Product Returns Agent”, Bailey R., and other folks I spoke with were simply following the policies set forth by the owner, so I would welcome the owners (Rey R. or Tiffany M.) of Vivid Racing or some other empowered representative to reply here in this thread …. I saved all the emails to back up what I am saying.

Old 07-07-2023, 04:16 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Vivid racing no longer has a presence on this forum so we can’t help you.

Old 07-07-2023, 04:33 PM
993_Pilot is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
Vivid racing no longer has a presence on this forum so we can’t help you.
I wasn’t aware of that, but thanks for the reply, Chuck. The main purpose of my post was to create awareness and hopefully keep someone from making the same mistake as I did.

Last edited by 993_Pilot; 07-07-2023 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Spelling