Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my 3rd Boxster today, 2005 S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 06:30 PM
SeaNile is on a distinguished road
Got my 3rd Boxster today, 2005 S ***FOR SALE***

Had a 99 Boxster and 01 S and now just brought home an 05 S.
Delivered about 2pm today and just drove it from the driveway to the garage and then put the cover on it. Looks to be in excellent condition (since I bought it sight unseen but inspected by Porsche dealer) and only a few small blemishes. Had a clear bra on and there is one very small tear in the front lower portion of the hood, no paint damage at all just a little wrinkle in the clear and on the lower driver side bumper area there are about 3 small tears in the clear, hard to see but if you run your hand over it you can feel it a bit. Can these small tears be clipped with a small scissor?

Here are the specs:

2005 S Boxster BLK/BLK 6sp manual 15,600 miles
Adaptive seats (heated, memory)
Self dim mirrors and rain sensor
Bose system w/windstop
Bi Xenon headlamp package
Heated front seats
19" Carrera S wheel
Wheel caps with colored crest
Sport Chrono package w/o PCM (no idea what this option is or does)
Black mats
PASM

MSRP $65,000 bought for $31K with Porsche car cover

A few things I will do....order clear side markers (from where?) and add iPhone.iPod integration. With convert I realize SQ will suffer so I am undecided if I will go with FM modulator or Denison Gateway 500. I don't mind using the iPhone to control songs, etc. BT option not important.

--JK

Last edited by SeaNile; 02-10-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:22 PM
boost951 is on a distinguished road
Congrats.

I just did the same thing. Just bought a 2008 PDE2 unseen from a dealer in Conshohocken, Pa. and I'm in the west coast. Also on my second Boxster (02 S).

Cheers.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by boost951
Congrats.

I just did the same thing. Just bought a 2008 PDE2 unseen from a dealer in Conshohocken, Pa. and I'm in the west coast. Also on my second Boxster (02 S).

Cheers.
That's funny. Conshohocken is about 30 min from me. I found this one in IN.

--JK

Old 01-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Yes. Got it from Don Rosen Imports. It was a long process but managed to get it here. We actually made the deal on Dec 24th but didn't close out till Dec 29 when papers were signed from both sides. The hardest part was waiting for the car to be delivered. The car was picked up on 1/5 but didn't arrive to me till 1/13 @ 11pm at that.

Here's some pics of the arrival. May get boring since I just uploaded every picture that was taken.

http://picasaweb.google.com/cas951s/PDE2BoxsterSArrival

If you want to see more just go back one folder on the url. You'll see the next day pics and side by side pics of my current 02 S.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:40 PM
lithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud of
Congrats! Sounds like a great find! I bought a new '08 Boxster S this past August sight-unseen from Princeton Porsche up in NJ. My fiancee and I took 3 days off from work, grabbed the cheque from the bank, flew up picked up the car and drove 1300 miles back to South Florida.

Anyways, the clear bra blemish - you may want to use a xacto knife to cut out the peeling piece, instead of small scissors. That's how my clear bra installer used to trim the install. You can order the clear side marker from Suncoast Porsche - a sponsor of this board - runs about $30. As for the iPod integration, I recommend looking into the Alpine DPR-RDS1, if BT is not a requirement/need for you. The Alpine unit runs $99 w/free ship on Amazon and you just need to buy an antenna adapter for $15 from ebay. Integration works great - uses RDS to display/scroll artist, album on the radio and dash (RDS does not work with older (2nd gen) ipods), charges the iPod when connected (doesn't charge iPhone though) and overrides even if you have strong radio signals at one of the four odd ball frequencies. Shoot me a PM if you have questions.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:07 PM
I'd shoot you a PM but do not have the required 15 posts yet!

Does the iPod interface you are using work like a FM modulator? I had two of them, Geffen maybe?, and they were terrible. I always had to change the frequency and the SQ was poor at best. I'm not excited about $500 on the Denison since in a convert the SQ is going to suffer anyway. All I want is good clean music from my iPhone. I don't mind using the iPhone for the music controls, don't care to have BT, etc....just a nice simple way to use my iPhone. What parts did you order and did you do the install yourself?

Thanks.

John

Last edited by SeaNile; 01-19-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:20 PM
How did you pull the factory stereo out? Was it simple?

Old 01-20-2010, 09:20 AM
lithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SeaNile
I'd shoot you a PM but do not have the required 15 posts yet!

Does the iPod interface you are using work like a FM modulator? I had two of them, Geffen maybe?, and they were terrible. I always had to change the frequency and the SQ was poor at best. I'm not excited about $500 on the Denison since in a convert the SQ is going to suffer anyway. All I want is good clean music from my iPhone. I don't mind using the iPhone for the music controls, don't care to have BT, etc....just a nice simple way to use my iPhone. What parts did you order and did you do the install yourself?

Thanks.

John
The Alpine unit requires you to plug in the antenna, and the antenna is powered. Unlike over the air unit (good idea, terrible execution), Alpine overrides existing signal/radio stations. I know this because there is a station that uses one of the freq and the Alpine unit has no problem overpowering that station. No static, just clean music.
You'll need two pieces of equipment:
- Alpine DPR-RDS1 (amazon for $99 shipped)
- Radio/Stereo Antenna Adapter Metra 40-Eu30 (ebay - ~$15 shipped)
- find a switch fuse location, so that the unit is only on when you have key-in.
You should be able to find youtube video on this - just search Alpine DPR-RDS1.

Originally Posted by boost951
How did you pull the factory stereo out? Was it simple?
Yes, really simple on the 987 to pull the CDR-24 - takes about 30 minutes the 1st time. You can google "removal CDR-24" for directions - there are two out there. If that doesn't help, ping me here and I can take some pictures and post it.

HTH both.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:15 PM
Thanks

Old 01-20-2010, 10:27 PM
chaud is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Seanile, I'd love to hear your comparisons between your driving experience between the three boxsters.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:18 PM
jderianSF is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lithium1330
The Alpine unit requires you to plug in the antenna, and the antenna is powered. Unlike over the air unit (good idea, terrible execution), Alpine overrides existing signal/radio stations. I know this because there is a station that uses one of the freq and the Alpine unit has no problem overpowering that station. No static, just clean music.
You'll need two pieces of equipment:
- Alpine DPR-RDS1 (amazon for $99 shipped)
- Radio/Stereo Antenna Adapter Metra 40-Eu30 (ebay - ~$15 shipped)
- find a switch fuse location, so that the unit is only on when you have key-in.
You should be able to find youtube video on this - just search Alpine DPR-RDS1.

Yes, really simple on the 987 to pull the CDR-24 - takes about 30 minutes the 1st time. You can google "removal CDR-24" for directions - there are two out there. If that doesn't help, ping me here and I can take some pictures and post it.

HTH both.

Great info here! Def. going to check into this (I have a crappy fm mod).

O.P. It sounds like you got a great deal on the S!

Old 02-10-2010, 05:46 PM
The Fcar bug has gotten to me. My Boxster S is for sale.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

John

Old 02-11-2010, 10:15 PM
outerbank is on a distinguished road
That was quick.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:07 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
If you see a lowered silver Cayman S in Chadds Ford, that's me!

Congrats on the new acquisition.

-Joe

Old 02-12-2010, 06:28 PM
ekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to behold
Wow it has not even broken in yet... good luck with the sale.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got my 3rd Boxster today, 2005 S