Exhaust for 991 turbo/S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 09:23 PM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
Exhaust for 991 turbo/S

would someone pls explain to me how it is possible to change out the stock exhaust with how Porsche "pumps" sound into the car ...is that sound not part of the actual exhaust? also if u go to no cats or a "race" 100/200 cell cat without doing an ecu flash of any kind or any other mods how one avoids any fault codes?

I was thinking of waiting for the race Tubi as i have heard it live and loved it however with no cats ill throw codes..and I'm told Porsche is cracking down hard on flash's. that being said i might have to use a street version..is the europipe on this site on the yellow car an exhaust with 200 or 100 cell cats or no cats? its the only one I've heard besides the tubi "live" or on here i like how it sounds...not to obnoxious or loud....
people that have had experience or know pls chime in....also what is specifically different from the 997 to the 991 from an exhaust stand point
thanks

Old 04-19-2014, 04:47 AM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
The stock cats on a 997.2 Turbo/S and a 991 Turbo/S are identical, the part numbers are the same. The stock 991 Turbo/S exhaust is less restrictive because it has two outcoming pipes on each side of the muffler. With the 997.2 Turbo/S and all previous Turbo exhausts it is just one outcoming pipe on each side.

Maximum backpressure of a:

Stock 997.1 Turbo: 6.4 psi
Stock 997.2 Turbo: 5.8 psi
Stock 991 Turbo: 5.1 psi
Europipe 991 Turbo: 2.05 psi

Our Europipe 991 Turbo/S sport exhaust uses 100 cell cats with no CEL issues, not now and not in the future. No bungs or flashes needed either.

Cheers

Old 04-19-2014, 05:57 AM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
Does the part come out of europe or do u have a us distributor? and if the former what is involved with that,,,,do u have a special price for 6speeders also any one in the Michigan area could chime in that i could hear there car?

Old 04-19-2014, 09:14 AM
also besides a modest weight savings of a few lbs i think i read somewhere does it gain power or change the hp/tq curve

Old 06-11-2014, 12:07 PM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
I was going to start my own thread on exhaust, but I figured there's plenty of them on this forum so I'd just try and kick start this one again.

I would definately love to add exhaust to my new 991 TTS. After reading almost every exhaust thread, I'm still confused. There just doesn't seem to be any concensus of what system sounds the best. Yeah, I know it's subjective, but I'm NOT reading many posts where a system has been added and the owner just loves it. As an example, I added Dinan to my M3 and Meisterschaft to my M5 and loved them both and made sure everyone knew it.

My goals for an exhaust system are to have it be fairly aggresive when driving hard and relatively quiet when crusing, without any drone. This is accomplished with switch controlled valves on my M5 and 458. The Dinan M3 Race system manages to do it extremely well witout valves, but the 458 is the best example of being incredible and loud with the valves open and nice and quiet when the valves are closed.

Can anyone, owners or Dealers speak up on the subject??? I know I'm not the only one ready to spend a few thousand bucks to change the personality of our 991 Turbo's.

Last edited by CPIGUY; 06-11-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:48 PM
Former Vendor
Emmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond repute
Fabspeed also has a nice option that offers a unique sound profile. With HJS cats and the 02 sensors spaced out, you won't have CEL issues. The Tubi street also uses a similar approach for customers who are not ready for an ECU tune (we recommend the race system for customers looking for the most power. The DI Porsche's are very reactive to EGT temperatures and see much greater performance with a catless system).

Any 6speed members interested in either of these systems are welcomed to PM me for a forum discount.

http://youtu.be/uy3dnpNUHOk

Old 06-11-2014, 02:23 PM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
I just put cat less fab speed and headers sounds like a bat out of hell and shoots fire no lie. And no CEL ! 900 miles and perfection. power is very noticeable.

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:50 PM
OllyTTS is on a distinguished road
really interested to hear results on this, the switchable car graphic ones seem to be leading the way IMO

http://www.cargraphicts.com/index.php?id=160909&L=1

Old 06-12-2014, 07:23 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jeff Kay
would someone pls explain to me how it is possible to change out the stock exhaust with how Porsche "pumps" sound into the car ...is that sound not part of the actual exhaust? also if u go to no cats or a "race" 100/200 cell cat without doing an ecu flash of any kind or any other mods how one avoids any fault codes?
With our Porsche 991 Turbo/Turbo S Performance Exhaust, which uses 200 cell HJS cats, no spacers are needed to prevent a CEL.

Originally Posted by Jeff Kay
people that have had experience or know pls chime in....also what is specifically different from the 997 to the 991 from an exhaust stand point
thanks
During our development process, we found that carrying over the basic exhaust architecture from a 997.2 Turbo simply won't work. Due to packaging differences and the addition of the sound symposer Porsche uses to funnel engine noise into the passenger cabin, drone levels were completely unacceptable with the PDK in anything other than sport or manual mode. As a result, our 991 Turbo/Turbo S Exhaust is a unique system that is bespoke to the 991 Turbo/Turbo S. The result is a system that shows gains of up to 21 HP and 31 TQ at the crank with our RSR Style Exhaust Tips, and produces a sound profile certainly fitting of a supercar of this caliber, both inside and out.

Last edited by Josh/AWE; 06-12-2014 at 07:27 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:01 AM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OllyTTS
really interested to hear results on this, the switchable car graphic ones seem to be leading the way IMO

http://www.cargraphicts.com/index.php?id=160909&L=1
Is this system available in the US?

Are there any other systems for the TTS with remote valves?

Old 06-12-2014, 09:10 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CPIGUY
Is this system available in the US?

Are there any other systems for the TTS with remote valves?
Not that I'm aware of. But in theory...I don't really understand why anyone would want valves? Putting anything that increases back-pressure onto the exhaust of a turbo seems counterproductive to me. Even if you're just cruising, the added back-pressure is going to increase heat on the turbos and cause some poor running conditions for sure.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Not that I'm aware of. But in theory...I don't really understand why anyone would want valves? Putting anything that increases back-pressure onto the exhaust of a turbo seems counterproductive to me. Even if you're just cruising, the added back-pressure is going to increase heat on the turbos and cause some poor running conditions for sure.
I'm certainly not an expert, but the valve controlled systems I've had on other cars seems to work quite well. Concept being to keep the sound and back pressure at stock levels when closed and open things open when extra performance and sound is desired. In my case my valves are open at all times except for when I start the car in the early morning, or when I'm with my wife, or if I'm on a bluetooth call, or if I'm cruising for longer periods on the freeway.

Best of both worlds IMO.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:52 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
I'm certainly not an expert, but the valve controlled systems I've had on other cars seems to work quite well. Concept being to keep the sound and back pressure at stock levels when closed and open things open when extra performance and sound is desired. In my case my valves are open at all times except for when I start the car in the early morning, or when I'm with my wife, or if I'm on a bluetooth call, or if I'm cruising for longer periods on the freeway.

Best of both worlds IMO.
On naturally aspirated cars I agree...they're a very cool and useful system to have. But on turbo cars, there's some risk. Let's say one of those valves fails to open and you're full-boosting the turbos with a ton of extra back-pressure....egt's will go through the roof and could damage the turbo. Of course, that's a 1-in-xx scenario...but it could happen.

Besides, on the 991 Turbos, you'd be AMAZED at how quiet the cabin is, even with a cat-less exhaust on the car.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:58 AM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold

Best of both worlds IMO.
Are those other cars twin turbo?
Having valve control on NA cars makes sense, not so sure on turbo cars.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
On naturally aspirated cars I agree...they're a very cool and useful system to have. But on turbo cars, there's some risk. Let's say one of those valves fails to open and you're full-boosting the turbos with a ton of extra back-pressure....egt's will go through the roof and could damage the turbo. Of course, that's a 1-in-xx scenario...but it could happen.

Besides, on the 991 Turbos, you'd be AMAZED at how quiet the cabin is, even with a cat-less exhaust on the car.
Had this kind of system on my 2013 M5, which is twin Turbo as you know, and I loved it. Back pressure and restriction in closed mode was designed to be slightly more open than stock, and then valves openned and bam!!! The car just screemed. It was made by Meisterschaft!

Love to find something simular.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust for 991 turbo/S