WOW, Upgraded to GIAC Stage 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 10:11 PM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
WOW, Upgraded to GIAC Stage 2

Contrary to what some members think on this board, the upgrade to GIAC Stage 2 is extremely noticable and measurable. Between the GIAC tune and GMG exhaust, my TTS is unrecognizable. For a totally comfortable civilized daily driver, it might just be the the fastest thing on the road. I know that’s a bold statement, but I actually think it’s accurate. At my last outing at the ½ mile airfield races, the only car that had a chance of beating me would have highly modified built motors. These are cars that would not be fun to drive on a daily basis. I trapped 165.4 mph with stage 1 and hope to break 170 mph with stage 2. Stock Turbo S 991’s trap aroung 147 mph. You can hardly see them in the rear view mirror at the end of the half mile. We’re talking huge, and I mean huge difference in performance.

I’m not advocating that tuning is for everyone, nor that there isn’t some risk with warranty. Let’s face it, the stock Turbo or Turbo S is a monster right out of the box. But if youre a performance nut like me and want to drive a car that is practically unbeatable, GIAC is the answer.

Last edited by CPIGUY; 12-17-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:19 AM
PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !
I can't wait!

- Patrick

Old 12-18-2014, 04:31 AM
Karl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud of
Here is my last post from"Is it true " thread.I have a tuned TTS by Champion Motorsports, GIAC Stage 2, Tubi catless race exhaust. BTW same Family ownes Champion Porsche, the largest Porsche dealer in the world. Basically 600 WHP on 100octane, and believe me it is considerably faster, 10.4 sec vs 10.9 sec qtr mi. And your right, you get no return on the cost of the tune. Reason being is people that tune their cars are people that drive their cars hard also. I am just a little on the extreme side with my TTS, being my choice as daily driver and a weekend track car. Just put my 3rd set of MSC2s on.
Warranty issues will only arise if the the tune or modification cause the problem. Otherwise all warranties are honored!

Everyone enjoy! " Merry Christmas" see you at PBIR on 12/20, Homestead 12/28
Sebring 1/25/15
No law against getting to the speed limit as fast as you can, just be in control.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:33 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Well I have the FVD piggyback and I didn't get to run mine on a level surface nor a good DA but with headers, IPD plenum and FVD exhaust including the high flow cats, I got 154 on my 1/2 mile trap speed at 17.1s ET. What was your ET and DA? I don't think stage 2 will get you from 165 to 170, that is a lot up there but I will be interested to know the results when you get them. I am like you, I like making the car go faster than the next one. My pre-tune 1/2 mile on a flatter surface and 1800 DA was 17.3s at 152.3 mph so the tune didn't make a huge difference in the 1/2 mile like it did on the 1/4 mile although I was going uphill for the post-tune time. I think I would have done a couple miles an hour faster if I was on the flat surface.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	TEST-000079-D-HALFMILE_17.11@154.00.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	410057   Click image for larger version

Name:	TEST-000058-D-HALFMILE.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	410058  

Last edited by wrs; 12-18-2014 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:45 AM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wrs
Well I have the FVD piggyback and I didn't get to run mine on a level surface nor a good DA but with headers, IPD plenum and FVD exhaust including the high flow cats, I got 154 on my 1/2 mile trap speed at 17.1s ET. What was your ET and DA? I don't think stage 2 will get you from 165 to 170, that is a lot up there but I will be interested to know the results when you get them. I am like you, I like making the car go faster than the next one.
The 1/2 mile airfield events in So Cal don't time the runs. They only track trap speed. I wish they did.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:55 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CPIGUY
The 1/2 mile airfield events in So Cal don't time the runs. They only track trap speed. I wish they did.
You could get a Vbox to do that yourself. That is what I use and a lot of guys put them in their cars at those kind of events and when at the dragstrip. I am trying to get into the Texas Mile this year in March, I missed out in October, it's a similar affair but you are trying to get your car to 200mph in one mile.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:06 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
I went from GIAC stage 1 to stage 2, the stage 2 feels like stage 1 on race. It's a noticeable difference.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:06 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wrs
Well I have the FVD piggyback and I didn't get to run mine on a level surface nor a good DA but with headers, IPD plenum and FVD exhaust including the high flow cats, I got 154 on my 1/2 mile trap speed at 17.1s ET. What was your ET and DA? I don't think stage 2 will get you from 165 to 170, that is a lot up there but I will be interested to know the results when you get them. I am like you, I like making the car go faster than the next one. My pre-tune 1/2 mile on a flatter surface and 1800 DA was 17.3s at 152.3 mph so the tune didn't make a huge difference in the 1/2 mile like it did on the 1/4 mile although I was going uphill for the post-tune time. I think I would have done a couple miles an hour faster if I was on the flat surface.
D.A. was 1800'-2200' at the airstrip nearly all weekend. Our stage 2 nearly doubles the gain of stage 1, so it is certainly possible. We will find out for sure in May!

CPI, glad to see you're happy with your new upgrade! It's a bit surprising what these cars can do with very few hardware additions.

Old 12-19-2014, 05:21 AM
Casper 1 is on a distinguished road
Having owned one, if not the, most highly modified 997 Turbo S CMS has built I can tell you the Stage II 991 Turbo S is very quick and fast comparably speaking. The 991 shifts and runs much smoother than a similarly modified 997. I don't believe it is quiet as quick or fast but within 2-3%. Considering my 997 upgrades included 68mm VTG's, IC's, and a Y-Pipe this says a lot. I prefer the 991 over the 997 hands down, no comparison. Patiently waiting for Stage III, larger VTG's, Y-Pipe, and IC's .

Last edited by Casper 1; 12-19-2014 at 05:32 AM.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:59 PM
wrs
Have another 1/2 mile run with 155.3mph trap and 16.86 ET. This was done as a response to the notion that the external control module somehow can be compensated by the ECU, this should put that to bed. This is faster than right after I installed the module.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	TEST-000051-D-HALFMILE_16.85@155.3.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	410408  
Old 12-23-2014, 07:23 PM
RobRob is a splendid one to beholdRobRob is a splendid one to beholdRobRob is a splendid one to beholdRobRob is a splendid one to beholdRobRob is a splendid one to beholdRobRob is a splendid one to beholdRobRob is a splendid one to beholdRobRob is a splendid one to behold
The GIAC Stage 2 pulls super hard but ever since I got it the car feels clunky as soon as I hit the throttle. Anyone else notice this?

Old 12-23-2014, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by RobRob
The GIAC Stage 2 pulls super hard but ever since I got it the car feels clunky as soon as I hit the throttle. Anyone else notice this?
Hi Rob:

I'll be perfectly honest, the thing I'm most amazed about is how smooth and natural the car feels after the tune. I couldn't deal with my $200k car feeling like a modified hot rod. Maybe there's an issue with your car. Have you checked with the shop that did upload?

Old 12-24-2014, 03:40 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Once my Europipe comes in I will be doing the GIAC Stage 2. Performance mods will be

GIAC Stage 2
Europipe exhaust (100 cell cats)
IPD plenum
Race diverters
BMC Filter

I intend to get the intercoolers when Champion releases them.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:34 AM
enzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond repute
Can someone explain what "race diverters" are? I asked in another thread and never got a response.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:00 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by enzom
Can someone explain what "race diverters" are? I asked in another thread and never got a response.
Here is the best summary:

http://www.championmotorsport.com/product-p/cmsdv02b.htm

In essence, a preventative measure consisting of replacing OEM diverter valves that are not designed to handle the extra boost pressure associated with tuned ECUs which can result in boost leaks with stronger aftermarket valves. Not a mod for power. A mod designed to prevent boost leaks from weaker factory valves failing under increased boost pressure.

Last edited by sdg1871; 12-24-2014 at 08:11 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WOW, Upgraded to GIAC Stage 2