SPY SHOTS The Facelifted 991 Porsche 911 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 06:03 PM
edtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud of
Thumbs up SPY SHOTS The Facelifted 991 Porsche 911 Turbo

New photos here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/article...che-911-turbo/

Old 02-27-2015, 09:30 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
No reason to rush out and trade mine in for that, not that I would anyway.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:33 PM
dshurett is just really nicedshurett is just really nicedshurett is just really nicedshurett is just really nicedshurett is just really nice
The backend almost looks like a Panamera....

Old 02-28-2015, 09:30 AM
Carjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud of
It's usually the power bump that wins us over with the v.2. I anxiously await the details but I am perfectly content with v.1.

The MFS with paddle shifting is a great addition, but as for other options, I think v.1 satiated my taste with LED headlights, a glass sunroof, Burmester, and improved interior styling. The lengthened wheelbase, active aero, 4 wheel steering, and improved PDK were major improvements over the 997.2.

Old 02-28-2015, 04:58 PM
BigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud of
Yeah about the only thing I wish my TTS had is a carbon MF steering wheel with paddles. I'm a big carbon fiber guy so that's why I went with MFS with carbon. Maybe I'll be able to upgrade it one day. I don't see anything on the exterior of the car that is (a) that noticeable (b) would make me want to trade mine. I truly doubt any major engine upgrades but I could be wrong. I'm sticking with my guess of upgraded ECU and better flowing exhaust/maybe headers for a 15 to 25hp/tq bump.

Old 03-01-2015, 07:24 AM
AndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of light
Exterior changes are only obvious to Porsche fanatics, but steering wheel controls are an incremental improvement. They had to tweak something for the 991.5 so the 918-type steering wheel was held back from the 991. My gues is a 20 hp increase with maybe some PKD remapping. Maybe they will add a GT3-like map selectable mode for the PDK. You can be certain that the base price will be bumped as well. Next big changes will be in the new body style that will probably be a hybrid with 700 hp including electric motors in a 3-4 years.

Old 03-01-2015, 05:49 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
First, Porsche needs to roll-out the 991 replacement first, then goes up the food chain to the turbos. I don't foresee these refreshments for at least one year, probably two years. To me, its minor changes, not revolution like 997 to 991. So we should all be happy with our existing newer TTS'.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:51 PM
Nfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud of
Like front. Dislike mesh over engine.

Old 03-06-2015, 12:05 AM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
meh...