My new Stage 4 car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 03:45 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
My new Stage 4 car

Look at that baby! Doesn't look any different you say? Well sure it doesn't but it sounds and feels different and most of all, what a nice day to drive it home. I can't wait to get some Vbox data on it.

So since it doesn't look different from the top, I am including some pictures of before and after underneath. I am going to do a cold start video tomorrow I hope and upload that to youtube and I will add that. I definitely like the sound of the Kline headers. It's more even, not as staccato as the FVD were but it's way better than the crap OEM manifolds. Way better looking too as you can see in the pictures but not so much that anyone would notice unless they are under the car to have a look.

Check out the new throttle body hose clamp too. So now I expect some good times below 10.5 but as you can see, I probably need new rear rubber to extract the most from this new upgrade.

Just for a bonus I added a snap of the cars in the garage, poor RR is going back outside now.

Attached Images         

Last edited by wrs; 01-11-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:08 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Looks great!

Old 01-11-2017, 05:09 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dennis C
Looks great!
Thanks here is a youtube of a start and rev just ignore me in the video by starting at 18 seconds and enjoy the rest of it.

Last edited by wrs; 01-11-2017 at 05:11 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:21 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Awesome Bill!

Sent you some maps to get busy with!

Old 01-12-2017, 02:15 PM
adibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, congrats. Sounds very mean, almost like mine, except i have the FVD headers instead of the Kline.. love the sound of the turbos. You kept the FVD exhaust, correct?

Old 01-12-2017, 03:33 PM
wrs
Originally Posted by adibaiz
Wow, congrats. Sounds very mean, almost like mine, except i have the FVD headers instead of the Kline.. love the sound of the turbos. You kept the FVD exhaust, correct?
Yes, I still have the FVD exhaust and I would have the headers but one of them cracked and it's not a good idea to have an exhaust leak. I took the opportunity to decat the car and put the old manifolds back on when the Porsche tech discovered the crack. Now I have the Kline headers on and I like them even better. I think they sound is less staccato but it's a little lower and throatier. I never got to hear the FVD headers and exhaust with the cat bypass tubes so I don't have that comparison but I know it would have been a good sound too. It was with the 200 cell cats.

I didn't get to go out to the county road today but I am hoping to get to the strip on Saturday weather permitting. I can tell the car is way more powerful and faster.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:12 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Congratulations!

Old 01-13-2017, 06:30 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Very nice William congrats. Should go like snot. Are those turbos the Tial 68's w/ HTZ wheel? I can't tell by looking at them.

And what tires are you running? I still have the stock PZeros and straight line grip is not good with a similar set up. I lowered the rear tire pressure to see if that helps but I'm afraid I'm going to need new rubber.

Last edited by longboarder; 01-13-2017 at 06:32 AM.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:55 AM
993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !
Sweet. have you done any 1/4 test yet? Please keep us posted!

Old 01-13-2017, 07:18 AM
wrs
Originally Posted by 993Godspeed
Sweet. have you done any 1/4 test yet? Please keep us posted!
It's rainging here today but tomorrow at noon San Antonio Raceway will be open until 6pm. The forecast is cloudy but no rain. I am planning to go down there and make a few passes if the rain forecast is correct. If it even hints of rain, the car is staying in the garage. The rain this morning was really heavy and I wouldn't want to drive the car through some of the road rivers I passed through on the way back from taking the grandson to school.

I will definitely post as soon as I get data. After that it will be either county road or on Feb 3 SAR opens up again.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:26 AM
wrs
Originally Posted by longboarder
Very nice William congrats. Should go like snot. Are those turbos the Tial 68's w/ HTZ wheel? I can't tell by looking at them.

And what tires are you running? I still have the stock PZeros and straight line grip is not good with a similar set up. I lowered the rear tire pressure to see if that helps but I'm afraid I'm going to need new rubber.
Thanks, I still have N0 PZeros and the Turbos are the TIAL 68mm. I have messed around with tire pressures and really don't get much help there. I am going to buy some PZero N1s in the near future. Not sure if I will put one more driving event on these or just go for it sooner. I definitely don't get very good traction out of these from a dig, my best 60ft numbers are high 1.5x. The PZero N0 are not a bad track tire though. I have heard good things about the N1 and my Porsche dealer has them in stock.

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Congratulations!
Thanks Scott.

Last edited by wrs; 01-13-2017 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:36 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Damn William, after all this time I just put something together. If you are driving the road course with these tires that totally explains the lack of grip trying to launch. Once they get a heavy track heat cycle they are never the same.

That being said get me logs as soon as you can so I can build you a traction map as well as see if there is room to push her a little because you're running a base map. If you can't do them until you're at the track I'll make myself available for you. But as far as the tires go we can probably talk about that in more detail. I've always tracked my cars and in the past when I didn't have a separate track set I would always have to deal with the tires never being the same after a track event.

Old 01-13-2017, 10:11 AM
wrs
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Damn William, after all this time I just put something together. If you are driving the road course with these tires that totally explains the lack of grip trying to launch. Once they get a heavy track heat cycle they are never the same.

That being said get me logs as soon as you can so I can build you a traction map as well as see if there is room to push her a little because you're running a base map. If you can't do them until you're at the track I'll make myself available for you. But as far as the tires go we can probably talk about that in more detail. I've always tracked my cars and in the past when I didn't have a separate track set I would always have to deal with the tires never being the same after a track event.
No, I am not discounting the vulcanization of the tires. Before I put a track event on these tires, I cut 1.6x 60ft out on the county road and then the next time I took it out was at SAR the night before I did the first track event on Feb 5 2016. The slip on the left was against a GTR with 740whp who had his transmission rebuilt because the FBO mods he had, destroyed fourth gear on it. Anyway, the guy was really heavy and his LC was horrible which is why I beat him. Note his ET is .4s better but my reaction time was .6s better and my trap was 4mph faster. These were done with my full Stage 3 setup and the 100 octane map using race gas I bought at the track that night. I made a number of runs and they were all over 135 trap but these were the best ETs and I even had a 60ft of 2.0s. Those tires were pretty much new at the time. I have also attached the Vbox data on the same tires from a couple of runs out at the county road the month before under really good weather conditions. I don't understand my poor 60ft times on this car. The data from the county road was on the 93 map. I also note that there was no short shifting on the good ET and I may have had TC on so I am going to try that.

These runs are what I am going to be comparing against. I hope to exceed 140mph on the trap and sub 10.5 ET but with these rears having two track events on them and an additional 3k miles, they won't be too great.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bestrunsSAR252016.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	467620  
Attached Images    
Old 01-13-2017, 11:32 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Congrats on the new set up you should really enjoy it,

Old 01-13-2017, 04:54 PM
wrs
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
Congrats on the new set up you should really enjoy it,
Thanks, I really love the new sound and the feel of the tune and turbos is definitely obvious in the butt dyno even if not as significant in the numbers I took this afternoon which I am fixing to make a post on. If things work out, I will get to run on race gas at the drag strip tomorrow in similarly crummy DA conditions.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.