Glare from Beige Dash on Windshield?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Suzy, how do you make configurations like that? On the US version there is Luxor with black trim but not with Espresso. Espresso is only matched with Cognac on the US configurator. I know that it can be ordered with Porsche Exclusive but don't know how to configure it. Did you PhotoShop it?

Old 08-05-2013, 12:19 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Suzy, how do you make configurations like that? On the US version there is Luxor with black trim but not with Espresso. Espresso is only matched with Cognac on the US configurator. I know that it can be ordered with Porsche Exclusive but don't know how to configure it. Did you PhotoShop it?
This is Espresso with Cognac. Luxor is lighter.

BTW, that's a great idea... Didn't think of that! in photoshop you can layer two pictures on top of eachother and make your own color-combination... Gonna give that try some time.

Last edited by Suzy991; 08-05-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Ét voila mr. SanibelSpeed, specially for you, custom-made interior Espressso-Luxor Beige with Luxor Beige roof

Thanks to Photoshop

Name:  image-1803034194.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  411.6 KB

Last edited by Suzy991; 08-05-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:58 PM
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Suzy991
Ét voila mr. SanibelSpeed, specially for you, custom-made interior Espressso-Luxor Beige with Luxor Beige roof

Thanks to Photoshop

Attachment 267669
Très bien, mademoiselle!

Old 08-05-2013, 04:38 PM
dr bit will become famous soon enough
Nice renders!

I'm still waiting for Germany's response.
If they would let me still so some changes, I'd like to consult with you guys if should I keep the PDk or go for Manual transmission?
What are your opinions?

Old 08-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by dr bit
Nice renders!

I'm still waiting for Germany's response.
If they would let me still so some changes, I'd like to consult with you guys if should I keep the PDk or go for Manual transmission?
What are your opinions?
That's something very personal. I like both equally, but I've chosen to go for PDK in my 991. It's a daily driver and at least 50% of my driving will be in traffic and/or in the city. PDK is more comfortable in those circumstances and when driving inspired I like the idea of the PDK also. I think it's at least as much fun as a manual, regardless of what the "purists" say.
On te other hand, I now drive a Boxster S with a manual and that is also a lot of fun, but it's not my daily driver, so I don't drive much in traffic.

Chose what you like most or what suits your needs.

BTW, because of the time difference, you probably will get answer from Germany tomorrow or even the day after tomorrow. It's 1:00 am now over here.

Old 08-05-2013, 05:15 PM
This will be a weekend car, when I tested all the cars, I did it only in PDk, they didn't have manuals.
I love MT, but even my dealer said that it is from the past, he mentioned that brands like ferrari or Lamborghini don't make MT anymore.

Old 08-05-2013, 05:16 PM
This will be a weekend car, when I tested all the cars, I did it only in PDk, they didn't have manuals.
I love MT, but even my dealer said that it is from the past, he mentioned that brands like ferrari or Lamborghini don't make MT anymore.

Regarding Germany I think I will have another bad night again lol

Old 08-05-2013, 05:29 PM

Regarding Germany I think I will have another bad night again lol
It is definitely true that manual is slowly disappearing in sportscars. PDK is just better and faster. Shifting with a stick is fun, but compared to PDK it's just slow. No human can shift as fast as the PDK does. Like I said, it's a decision you have to make. No one else can do that for you. Both are great transmissions and you can't go wrong with either one.
Follow your heart

Old 08-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Dr Bit, since it is only a weekend car and you love manual transmissions, then you really ought to change your order if you can. What difference does it make if automated manuals are the latest technology? There is something special about rowing through the gears that makes driving a little bit more engaging. Because my car on order will be a daily driver that my wife and I will share, and because Miami has some stop-&-go traffic that we'll get stuck in, we chose the PDK. But for your purposes, I don't think you'll be unhappy with the M7.

Take an Ambien and some melatonin and try to get some sleep!

Old 08-06-2013, 01:20 AM
I think PDK is faster, but maybe MT might be more fun, I don't intend to race, just for road trips. So I guess MT will be the option if I can do the changes...
It's been long science I don't drive a MT, but when I've driven abtriptibic or something similar, I feel I need the clutch pedal.

Old 08-06-2013, 01:22 AM
Susy, science the bi tone natural leather advice was yours, how do You think beige stitching would look with espresso and cognac? Deviating with both and into the brown colors.
Or maybe cream?

Old 08-06-2013, 03:25 AM
Susy, science the bi tone natural leather advice was yours, how do You think beige stitching would look with espresso and cognac? Deviating with both and into the brown colors.
Or maybe cream?
Personally I would not do that, but it's a matter of taste of course.
I think that luxor beige or cream stitching on cognac doesn't look that well. It gets messy. Dark leather needs light stitching, light leather needs dark stitching and cognac is a light leather.

If you look at brands like Bentley for example, they make some of the best interiors. They (almost) always match two contrasting colors. For example Black and Ivory. The black leather gets ivory stitching, the ivory leather gets black stitching. If you're gonna add another color it can look messy.
Your car gets a very classy and classic look on the outside and with that color I wouldn't go too sporty on the inside, at least not with an interior like espresso/cognac. If you want sporty details in the interior, I would go for Aluminium pedals or white dials. Subtile changes. IMO the dark espresso stitching on the cognac seats already gives it a sportier look.

One thing I personally like very much and would also give your interior a sport look is a silver carbonfiber trim. Porsche doesn't offer it, but there are aftermarket manufacturers that do make them theirselves. I definitely want it in my car when I got her.... It's classy and sporty at the same time, especially in that silver color.

Here is an example from oCarbon.com. It's an Audi, but it can of course also be made for a Porsche. http://ocarbon.com/gallery/audi/darron

Last edited by Suzy991; 08-06-2013 at 03:40 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:59 AM
You are totally right, about the stitching.
And it is a great idea to get the silver carbon Fiber!
I talked to I carbon last week for other special pieces I was thinking to order, but I love the idea.

My only doubt still is the seat belts and probably sport chrono dial, did you do a composition of image? Or just you know it deep inside?

Thanks for all your help.

Hector

Old 08-06-2013, 04:11 AM
You are totally right, about the stitching.
And it is a great idea to get the silver carbon Fiber!
I talked to I carbon last week for other special pieces I was thinking to order, but I love the idea.

My only doubt still is the seat belts and probably sport chrono dial, did you do a composition of image? Or just you know it deep inside?

Thanks for all your help.

Hector
later this day, when I'm done with my work, I'll make you some renders with the red belts and dials, so you can see for yourself

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Glare from Beige Dash on Windshield?