Glare from Beige Dash on Windshield?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Glare from Beige Dash on Windshield?

My clock is about to run out on my order as it will lock in the next few days. I've read somewhere that there are complaints about too much reflection coming off the light beige which results in glare on the windshield.

Is this a real problem that isn't resolved by using polarized sunglasses? If so, maybe I can choose to use a deviating color just for the dash top if I were to order the extended leather for dash.

Any and all quick comments & advice will be most welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

Old 06-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
I know that there is a reflection issue with red and would assume the same for any lighter color. IMO a two tone beige black combo would look very nice.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:36 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Haku
I know that there is a reflection issue with red and would assume the same for any lighter color. IMO a two tone beige black combo would look very nice.
+1 the full leather with stitching looks great. i have the black/platinum combo

Old 06-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
DBYT posted this recently... reflection def there.

Attached Images  
Old 06-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
I have the beige interior and the reflection is ridiculous and annoying. For the life of me I can't figure out how Porsche messed that up. Having said that, polarized sunglasses will do the trick.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
My clock is about to run out on my order as it will lock in the next few days. I've read somewhere that there are complaints about too much reflection coming off the light beige which results in glare on the windshield.

Is this a real problem that isn't resolved by using polarized sunglasses? If so, maybe I can choose to use a deviating color just for the dash top if I were to order the extended leather for dash.

Thanks,

Jeff
Hi Jeff,

I have driven a 991 with the platinum grey and one with the carrera red interior and I experienced both as annoyingly reflecting in the windshield. You clearly see a lot of difference between the dash that's reflecting in the windshield and the dark area's (vents) that are black. Polarizing sunglasses do make it a bit better, but I drove the grey interior in rainy weather and even then it reflected. I refuse to drive with my sunglasses on when it's pooring outside. People just gonna think that you're totally insane. LOL
I guess that the Luxor Beige interior has the same amount of reflection. But it depends on how one experiences it. I found it annoying, someone else doesn't bother it.

Personally I would always choose for the Bi-Color interior. They all look very nice and make the interior richer in my opinion. Another benefit from the Bi-Color is that you get contrasting stitching wich gives it just that extra punch.

I think the best way to know for sure is to drive a car with light interior yourself.

Good luck with making the right choice!

[Sent from my iPad using 6SpeedOnline]

Last edited by Suzy991; 06-07-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:27 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Since my whole interior is based on being all Luxor Beige with red stitching all over and red seat belts, if I were to add the extended leather to the top of the dash it wouldn't make sense to add that part in red if it's only going to add to the glare, but perhaps I could make that section black and tie everything together by adding red stitching to the black. Probably going to be very expensive, though. Just the added leather is $1710 and I don't know else they'd charge for it to deviate from the rest of the interior leather, much less to add red stitching, too. I'm gonna ask, though.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:28 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed

Thanks,

Jeff
From what I've seen Jeff, it's the red dash is more of a problem than the beige. My grey is no issue.

ChuckJ

Old 06-07-2013, 01:55 PM
flyanddive will become famous soon enoughflyanddive will become famous soon enough
The beige glares yes, but it's all how you feel about it as it is not a safety issue. I for one don't care about the glare. Also, the full beige Alcantara roof lining inside the car gets me the most compliments on the car by far.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:25 PM
yxc145 is on a distinguished road
You may run into the LUXOR and BLUE JEAN issue.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...lue-jeans.html

Old 06-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I must be missing something. I have a white cab with full red leather interior and I don't notice any glare issue on the windshield at all. Also, if you go and want to change things like dash colour or add deviated stitching you could delay the build date according to my dealer.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Snowczar
I must be missing something. I have a white cab with full red leather interior and I don't notice any glare issue on the windshield at all. Also, if you go and want to change things like dash colour or add deviated stitching you could delay the build date according to my dealer.
That's what I was mentioning... Some people don't even notice it, while others (like me) find it very distracting. I think it's very personal. But just put something black on your dash when it's sunny out there and you will definitly see difference between the red reflecting and the black less or almost not reflecting in the windshield.
It's not only with Porsche... Other brands have that same issue with light dashboard colours.

Best thing is to experience it yourself and decide if you find it distracting or not.

[Sent from my iPad using 6SpeedOnline]

Old 06-07-2013, 03:43 PM
dhva is on a distinguished road
The reflection is there but doesn't bother me. If I wear polarized sunglasses, it's gone.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:44 PM
I'm not sure what the fuss is about... just get a cover like this!

Sorry... it is Friday after all!!!... Just joking... sorry I don't intend to be flippant.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Haku; 06-07-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:28 PM
flyanddive will become famous soon enoughflyanddive will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Haku
I'm not sure what the fuss is about... just get a cover like this!

Sorry... it is Friday after all!!!... Just joking... sorry I don't intend to be flippant.
But, I was thinking more like this..

Attached Images  

Last edited by flyanddive; 06-07-2013 at 04:31 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Glare from Beige Dash on Windshield?