HElp! Luxor and Blue Jeans

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 04:27 PM
flyanddive will become famous soon enoughflyanddive will become famous soon enough
HElp! Luxor and Blue Jeans

Ugggh, I accidentally scraped against the side of door with blue jeans on and now I have a blue mark on the the luxor beige leather. Any Ideas on how to get it off, I've already tried leather cleaners and Leatherique, but to no avail. It looks a little worse in person than in the pic. I'm thinking I might have to re-dye the leather. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Images  
Old 06-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
That sucks. Hope someone can help you!

Old 06-05-2013, 05:16 PM
flyanddive will become famous soon enoughflyanddive will become famous soon enough
Anyone have experience with Leatherique's dye kits?

Old 06-05-2013, 05:32 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Google "remove jean marks from leather".

Lots of good advice and Youtube videos to work with..

Best of luck.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
Pick up the swissvax leather care kit... it's around $120, well worth it. Took care of my jeans discoloration.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:59 AM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
this is a common problem w/ the light leather. My frd used some of my leather master strong cleaner and it got most of it out.

Old 06-06-2013, 06:27 AM
eddtiff is on a distinguished road
For this type of stuff, I use "Darlie" - its actually just tooth paste.

I firmly believe colgate will do the trick too! Wack some on a cloth and wipe away!

Old 06-06-2013, 06:33 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Not sure if Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will harm the finish on leather but it's a wonder on removing spots from most surfaces. You MUST test it in an inconspicuous place to make sure it doesn't leave a flat or shiny spot behind.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:11 AM
Jay9722 is on a distinguished road
I used hydrogen peroxide on white leather and it worked. It was a blood stain.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:28 AM
yxc145 is on a distinguished road
I think try to clean it with all those suggestions from other members. I wouldn't mess with any coloring products. I had similar situation happened to me. Ordered a coloring kit, but decided to take it to the professional to take a look. They said it will not be perfect. They usually spray the color on a much large area than the damaged/affected area, so the color blends in. Like painting the exterior of the car. He suggest to leave it and not to use the color kit. Just wait till bigger job needs to be done and do it at once. It bugged me a lot at first. Got used to it eventually.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:26 PM
It's actually a dye transfer, so scrubbing it won't do much. I am hesitant to use bleach products like Mr Clean. If I treat the entire handle with dye, I think I could blend it in well. I just need the right dye color.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by flyanddive
It's actually a dye transfer, so scrubbing it won't do much. I am hesitant to use bleach products like Mr Clean. If I treat the entire handle with dye, I think I could blend it in well. I just need the right dye color.
If you dye the whole handle, that may be fine. Good luck. Hope you don't end up messing up the whole handle.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by yxc145
If you dye the whole handle, that may be fine. Good luck. Hope you don't end up messing up the whole handle.
Actually, I called the dealer to see how much it would cost to replace before I spend hundreds on dye kits. He said he will get back to me. If it can be replaced, I'm seriously considering another color for that thing on both sides.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by flyanddive
Actually, I called the dealer to see how much it would cost to replace before I spend hundreds on dye kits. He said he will get back to me. If it can be replaced, I'm seriously considering another color for that thing on both sides.
Wow, it really bugs you a lot. I hope it won't cost a fortune.
By the way, there are some leather dye kit out there that cost only $20-30.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Actually, it will cost a fortune, almost $3000. I can live with it.

The handles are $1200 each. The entire door panel is $1500 though, ridiculous.

Last edited by flyanddive; 06-06-2013 at 02:05 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HElp! Luxor and Blue Jeans