Glare from Beige Dash on Windshield?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 07:57 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Unless you order full leather the dash is a synthetic

Old 06-08-2013, 07:59 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Mine was full leather. Next time a black leather dash.

Old 06-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by rnl
Unless you order full leather the dash is a synthetic
I did order full leather so all that's not leather would be vents and other plastic parts, right? Could very well be that the light-colored plastic parts are what's being reflected. Covering those in leather might make a difference.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:34 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Trust me, it is not the vents. It is the very long raked windshield, the angle of the dash, and a color that reflects light (every color) instead of adsorbing it (black). It is manageable with good sunglasses, etc. but it is there.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:08 AM
dr bit will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
I have the beige interior and the reflection is ridiculous and annoying. For the life of me I can't figure out how Porsche messed that up. Having said that, polarized sunglasses will do the trick.
Is your car cabrio or coupe? I just wrote to my dealer if I can still change to bi tone leather, my cat will be mahogany metallic w beige interiors, red stitching, not sure if combination w black would look nice

Old 08-04-2013, 11:10 AM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by dr bit
Is your car cabrio or coupe? I just wrote to my dealer if I can still change to bi tone leather, my cat will be mahogany metallic w beige interiors, red stitching, not sure if combination w black would look nice
I have the coupe. I actually got used to it by now.. wearing polarized sunglasses helps as well, but I seriously don't really notice it anymore.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Since my whole interior is based on being all Luxor Beige with red stitching all over and red seat belts, if I were to add the extended leather to the top of the dash it wouldn't make sense to add that part in red if it's only going to add to the glare, but perhaps I could make that section black and tie everything together by adding red stitching to the black. Probably going to be very expensive, though. Just the added leather is $1710 and I don't know else they'd charge for it to deviate from the rest of the interior leather, much less to add red stitching, too. I'm gonna ask, though.
My order I exactly like yours, full leather, I ordered extended in dashboard and red stitching, exterior mahogany metallic, I think in kind of late to change bi color with black dashboard, I already wrote yesterday to my dealer to ask if that is still possible. How do you think the combination would look? What did you do at the end?

Old 08-04-2013, 11:29 AM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
If you can get the area from the chrono clock onwards in black, I think it would look ok against the beige leather and the red stitching. As you can see from my pic, the area is done in plastic which is disappointing. When I ordered my car last year, there was no option to have the whole dash covered in leather. Don't know if that is possible now.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	267472  
Old 08-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by DBYT
If you can get the area from the chrono clock onwards in black, I think it would look ok against the beige leather and the red stitching. As you can see from my pic, the area is done in plastic which is disappointing. When I ordered my car last year, there was no option to have the whole dash covered in leather. Don't know if that is possible now.
Yes, I ordered extended leather, but I'll try to get black the dashboard part, hopefully is still possible.
Thanks for the pic, first time I see the combination I chose (beige-red stitching), did you do door panels as well? Are you happy with the combination?

Old 08-04-2013, 12:00 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, I ordered extended leather, but I'll try to get black the dashboard part, hopefully is still possible.
Thanks for the pic, first time I see the combination I chose (beige-red stitching), did you do door panels as well? Are you happy with the combination?
If you do a search of my username, DBYT, you will see a bunch of pictures I posted of my interior. I have been told that I was the first one to ever order this combo by PCNA. I really like how it turned out. I did a bunch of carbon fibre interior bits too, which I think provided a nice accent instead of the aluminium trim. Am very happy with how it turned out as the red stitching against the beige leather is subtle but gives the beige interior a little more depth.

Old 08-04-2013, 12:05 PM
Here you go: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ferrerid=77825

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	654.6 KB
ID:	267477  
Old 08-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by DBYT
If you do a search of my username, DBYT, you will see a bunch of pictures I posted of my interior. I have been told that I was the first one to ever order this combo by PCNA. I really like how it turned out. I did a bunch of carbon fibre interior bits too, which I think provided a nice accent instead of the aluminium trim. Am very happy with how it turned out as the red stitching against the beige leather is subtle but gives the beige interior a little more depth.
Thanks, I will look after your photos

Old 08-04-2013, 03:01 PM
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
My order I exactly like yours, full leather, I ordered extended in dashboard and red stitching, exterior mahogany metallic, I think in kind of late to change bi color with black dashboard, I already wrote yesterday to my dealer to ask if that is still possible. How do you think the combination would look? What did you do at the end?
I think a full black dash would look best. I ended up ordering mine entirely in Luxor (full dash, too) and am expecting some glare but am hopeful that my polarized sunglasses will lessen the impact. My Austin-Healey has a very light dash and due to the angle and the flatness of the windshield, the glare can be horrid at times.

Old 08-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !

Thanks, I will look after your photos
Maybe I'm just interfering with something I shouldn't, but wouldn't the two-tone espresso/cognac be an option? I think that really looks amazing with the Mahogony Brown exterior. I wouldn't do the red stitching in that case, but since that interior already has a lot of deviated stitching on the dash, you could maybe opt to get the stitching on the seats and doorpanels in Espresso, which is a nice contrast with the Cognac leather.

Personally I think that is one of the most beautiful color combinations that Porsche offers at the moment.
All this is just a matter of personal taste of course, but maybe you didn't think of that option and that's why I wanted to mention it

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

Edit:
Did a quick config. I really thought about getting this combination myself, because it has a very classy and rich look. Sorry for bad quality of the pics, did it on an old windows laptop with a bad graphics card.

Name:  image-185717214.jpg
Views: 1381
Size:  145.2 KB

Name:  image-602033605.jpg
Views: 1315
Size:  104.8 KB

Last edited by Suzy991; 08-04-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Suzy991
Maybe I'm just interfering with something I shouldn't, but wouldn't the two-tone espresso/cognac be an option? I think that really looks amazing with the Mahogony Brown exterior. I wouldn't do the red stitching in that case, but since that interior already has a lot of deviated stitching on the dash, you could maybe opt to get the stitching on the seats and doorpanels in Espresso, which is a nice contrast with the Cognac leather.

Personally I think that is one of the most beautiful color combinations that Porsche offers at the moment.
All this is just a matter of personal taste of course, but maybe you didn't think of that option and that's why I wanted to mention it
I happen to agree 100%. If it were my car, I'd do one of the browns on the dash and upper doors and use beige contrast stitching. Everywhere there's deviating stitching on the Luxor parts I'd choose one of the dark browns for contrast. This is how Bentley does their interiors and you can't get better than that!

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Glare from Beige Dash on Windshield?