Cabriolet rattle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 07:16 AM
Porschejeff is on a distinguished road
Cabriolet rattle

I have a very annoying rattle that I have not been able to quite pinpoint. It is somewhere in either the rear quarter window or wind deflector, something definitely on the driver's side behind me. Whenever I hit bumps in the road I hear that annoying rattle. When the cabrio top is down, it is solid as a rock. I took it in to the dealer a week or so, They made some adjustments and it is just as bad as before. I am taking it in to the dealer again next week, any suggestions?

Old 04-20-2014, 08:47 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Rattles are tough little buggers to chase. My 991 Cab has none (thankfully). I usually have a friend or wife drive the car while I chase the rattle from the passenger seat, other than that there's not much you can do but keep taking it back or locate it yourself.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:24 AM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
I just recently acquired a 2012 Carrera SA. I too have a couple of rattles which appeared to be coming from the back. I am also thinking of going to the dealer and having them work on it. The last few times I went to the dealer for a rattle in my cayman they gave it back to me with the same issue. I just ignored it. I guess it is hard to fix rattles and I would bet the service guys hate dealing with them as well.