picked up my Stage 3 "the 678" today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 10:24 PM
km90265 has much to be proud ofkm90265 has much to be proud ofkm90265 has much to be proud ofkm90265 has much to be proud ofkm90265 has much to be proud ofkm90265 has much to be proud ofkm90265 has much to be proud ofkm90265 has much to be proud ofkm90265 has much to be proud ofkm90265 has much to be proud of
picked up my Stage 3 "the 678" today

Hello everyone- so I picked up my 2016 tts cab with ByDesign Stage 3 package.

I use this car as a daily driver, and my main goal was to add power to compensate for the additional weight of the cabriolet. I previously had a 991 turbo s coupe and traded it for a cabriolet, and always wonder if I had made a mistake given the added weight and loss of pull especially at freeway speeds. So I ended up calling Sam who took the car through the different stages and it was then that I realized what this car has been missing.. So today I got to drive the Stage 3 product. Compared to Stage 2, there is a noticeable decrease in lag, and passing power is massive, and noticeably more so than before at Stage 2.
The car was delivered with a half tank so I assume the fuel was 93 octane... in any case as soon as I hit the street I found the throttle response to be immediate and intake sound louder and deeper compared to Stage 2, and push into the seat is just brutal... The crackle and pop exhaust sounds on deceleration are about the same as before. I didn't use launch control yet. I leave the car in sport as sport plus is too jumpy for city driving (just like in the stock form)
Anyway , the car feels a lot more nimble and responsive and feel it's definitely worth the added cost of the mods. I recommend it to anyone who finds the stock car "dull"!

Old 09-25-2015, 10:28 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Great write up

Old 09-25-2015, 11:01 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Most V8 pickups are not rated with that level of torque. Impressive! should move mountains. Congratulations on your improvement.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:54 AM
TTS
TTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats! Great to hear the initial favourable impression.
I am heading the exact same direction.
I've sat on the fence awhile and watched all the fireworks play out when Cobbs came out with the AP. My conclusion is that if the vendors selling their wares behave in such juvenile ways being overly defensive with their products and aggressive in their response to criticism..well it doesn't speak well of them or their offerings.
Hence my decision.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:01 PM
pasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond repute
My IC are in the mail, do you have the Kline exhaust

Old 09-26-2015, 02:20 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTS
My conclusion is that if the vendors selling their wares behave in such juvenile ways being overly defensive with their products and aggressive in their response to criticism..well it doesn't speak well of them or their offerings.
Hence my decision.
Not sure what you're reading but the most juvenile of posts seems to come from the Cobb camp.

But to each his own.

We'll see the real deal at the drag strips......

Old 09-26-2015, 02:49 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Nice review K. I'm so glad to hear it and I'm so happy you are enjoying the set up. It was a pleasure dealing with you and really a pleasure checking out your collection.

Guys, for what it's worth I think everyone gets a little excited here and there. It sure would be nice to see everyone take a step back and just enjoy the cars, experiences and friendly competition. This forum has been getting a little out of control. Till the end of time there will be Coke, Pepsi, Sprite and so on. I hope we can regroup and bring things back the way they should be. I don't think anyone is a bad guy. I hope not. There's room for everyone to choose what works for them. If it doesn't work people come here to find out. But there will be several that do work. Don't get it wrong. We don't need to argue about it. Just innovate, make things better and enjoyable for everyone to choose for themselves.

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 09-26-2015 at 02:53 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:19 PM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Nice review K. I'm so glad to hear it and I'm so happy you are enjoying the set up. It was a pleasure dealing with you and really a pleasure checking out your collection.

Guys, for what it's worth I think everyone gets a little excited here and there. It sure would be nice to see everyone take a step back and just enjoy the cars, experiences and friendly competition. This forum has been getting a little out of control. Till the end of time there will be Coke, Pepsi, Sprite and so on. I hope we can regroup and bring things back the way they should be. I don't think anyone is a bad guy. I hope not. There's room for everyone to choose what works for them. If it doesn't work people come here to find out. But there will be several that do work. Don't get it wrong. We don't need to argue about it. Just innovate, make things better and enjoyable for everyone to choose for themselves.
Compared to the American sports car forums, this is not out of control...LOL

Old 09-26-2015, 04:22 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign

Just innovate, make things better and enjoyable for everyone to choose for themselves.
Sam I agree! Was at the track the other night and many walked up to me and congratulated me on the car, the wins and the ferociousness at launch.
Raced the new Audi R8 plus 3 times and a stock GTR with a win in all four races.

The stands could care less about the tune, headers, exhaust or dyno. At the end of the day most were in amazement to see the Porsche perform. I too applaud anyone who can go out to any race event and have fun representing the 991TT.

Old 09-26-2015, 05:09 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
yeah friend of mine called me and said there was a awesome white turbo kicking *** at Irwindale lol.

Old 09-26-2015, 05:30 PM
km90265 has much to be proud ofkm90265 has much to be proud ofkm90265 has much to be proud ofkm90265 has much to be proud ofkm90265 has much to be proud ofkm90265 has much to be proud ofkm90265 has much to be proud ofkm90265 has much to be proud ofkm90265 has much to be proud ofkm90265 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by pasd181
My IC are in the mail, do you have the Kline exhaust
Hello! Yes, I do have the Kline exhaust and ByDesign Y-pipe, ICs, plenum and COBB accessport set to Stage 3 / 93 octane. I kept all the original stock parts (which look cheap in conparison) in a box in my garage which will be needed if I trade the car back to the dealer in the future.

Last edited by km90265; 09-26-2015 at 05:32 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:49 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by White991TT
Sam I agree! Was at the track the other night and many walked up to me and congratulated me on the car, the wins and the ferociousness at launch.
Raced the new Audi R8 plus 3 times and a stock GTR with a win in all four races.

The stands could care less about the tune, headers, exhaust or dyno. At the end of the day most were in amazement to see the Porsche perform. I too applaud anyone who can go out to any race event and have fun representing the 991TT.
Awesome! Track or drag strip?

Old 09-26-2015, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by sdg1871
Awesome! Track or drag strip?
Irwindale 1/8 mile Dragstrip

Old 09-26-2015, 08:11 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by BLOWN SRT
Compared to the American sports car forums, this is not out of control...LOL
No argument there Steve!

Old 09-27-2015, 04:48 AM
pasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by km90265
Hello! Yes, I do have the Kline exhaust and ByDesign Y-pipe, ICs, plenum and COBB accessport set to Stage 3 / 93 octane. I kept all the original stock parts (which look cheap in conparison) in a box in my garage which will be needed if I trade the car back to the dealer in the future.

I am going with same set-up, already have Cobb stage II and Kline exhaust headers back, love the sound of the Kline and the car is already ridiculously fast. I look forward to the installation of IC, Y pipe and plenum this week. Sam has not steered me wrong so far and I am sure the by design package will be great.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: picked up my Stage 3 "the 678" today