Planning to change from 20" Classic Alloys to 20" Sport Techno Alloys ? Suggestions ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 12:50 PM
sinbwt is on a distinguished road
Planning to change from 20" Classic Alloys to 20" Sport Techno Alloys ? Suggestions ?

Im driving a 2014 991 White with red interiors. Really in love with the ride, i just wanted to change the alloys after seeing the sport techno (with the black painted inside)

I basically wanted some suggestions/advice/comments regarding the change of alloys.

Im living in Dubai so i wont be able to see the alloys myself, and thats the main reason i dont want to look at used alloys. And im not buying from the dealer here because they are rip off. Comes close to $2100 each alloy.

Any comment on how reliable are these guys ?
http://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/por...hno_wheel_4210

I'd also like to hear about any other reliable online sellers.

Thanks

Old 03-02-2015, 03:10 PM
gwi991 is on a distinguished road
Nice wheels but somewhat just plain looking i plan to change to a set of HRE wheels take a look at them they arent cheap but nicer than any porsche wheel.

Old 03-02-2015, 03:12 PM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gwi991
Nice wheels but somewhat just plain looking i plan to change to a set of HRE wheels take a look at them they arent cheap but nicer than any porsche wheel.
+1 on the HRE's

If you're going to spend money on a new set, go for something better!

Attached Images  
Old 03-02-2015, 05:12 PM
AlecS has a spectacular aura aboutAlecS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by STG991
+1 on the HRE's

If you're going to spend money on a new set, go for something better!

Those P101's are dope, for sure but they are also the most expensive HRE wheel right now. At least one of the most. A set will be over $10K for the wheels alone. Another option I'm looking at is the Flow Form wheels. I guess it's a combo of casting and milling. Great looking wheels though for like $3K a set. I'm going this direction. The IPA finish is sweet. Just a thought.

http://www.hrewheels.com/wheels/hre-flowform/ff01

Good luck-
alec

Old 03-02-2015, 05:29 PM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AlecS
Those P101's are dope, for sure but they are also the most expensive HRE wheel right now. At least one of the most. A set will be over $10K for the wheels alone. Another option I'm looking at is the Flow Form wheels. I guess it's a combo of casting and milling. Great looking wheels though for like $3K a set. I'm going this direction. The IPA finish is sweet. Just a thought. http://www.hrewheels.com/wheels/hre-flowform/ff01 Good luck- alec
The Flow Form are nice too. What are the offsets?

Rears P101's

Attached Images  
Old 03-02-2015, 06:31 PM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Name:  image-1281739396.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  462.1 KB Here are the new HRE Flow Forged, wide body fitment, in Satin black. Off sets are perfect for my 4S. I'll have some better pics once my cars out of hibernation. This is right after i finished installing. Car will settle a bit. Worked with Guy and David at Wheel Enhancement. Both great standup guys to work with. Paired them with new Michelin Pilot Super Sports all around.

Attached Images   

Last edited by Jersey Shore; 03-02-2015 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:29 AM
sinbwt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sinbwt
Im driving a 2014 991 White with red interiors. Really in love with the ride, i just wanted to change the alloys after seeing the sport techno (with the black painted inside)

I basically wanted some suggestions/advice/comments regarding the change of alloys.

Im living in Dubai so i wont be able to see the alloys myself, and thats the main reason i dont want to look at used alloys. And im not buying from the dealer here because they are rip off. Comes close to $2100 each alloy.

Thanks

I had bad experiences with aftermarket rims. And i dont i can afford HREs. :P

I just wanted to know a reliable source UK/USA/Germany where i can get genuine alloy sets shipped (at the best rates ofcourse)

^ This is the cheapest ive found and i just wanted to see if anyone in this thread is familiar with the site.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:13 AM
I had bad experiences with aftermarket rims. And i dont i can afford HREs. :P I just wanted to know a reliable source UK/USA/Germany where i can get genuine alloy sets shipped (at the best rates ofcourse) http://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/por...hno_wheel_4210 ^ This is the cheapest ive found and i just wanted to see if anyone in this thread is familiar with the site.
Never heard of the site you listed.

Try these guys in Los Angeles

http://www.wheelenhancement.com

They carry aftermarket wheels plus every Porsche OEM style too. Many times they have take off sets that are new for decent prices.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:27 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by STG991
Never heard of the site you listed.

Try these guys in Los Angeles

http://www.wheelenhancement.com

They carry aftermarket wheels plus every Porsche OEM style too. Many times they have take off sets that are new for decent prices.
I agree with STG. Reach out to Wheel Enhancement, speak with Guy or David. They can help you find something that will work for you.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:49 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !

Thanks
Shoot GregL@hrewheels.com an email - he can explain more about our FlowForm program which offers wheels for your 991, starting at $2900 a set.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:50 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jersey Shore
Attachment 415396 Here are the new HRE Flow Forged, wide body fitment, in Satin black. Off sets are perfect for my 4S. I'll have some better pics once my cars out of hibernation. This is right after i finished installing. Car will settle a bit. Worked with Guy and David at Wheel Enhancement. Both great standup guys to work with. Paired them with new Michelin Pilot Super Sports all around.
This is gorgeous! Do you have these in high-res? Can't wait for more photos!

Old 03-03-2015, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by HRE_Wheels
This is gorgeous! Do you have these in high-res? Can't wait for more photos!
Thank you. I'll get some good pics once I can get the car outside. Its not pretty here weather wise so it will be a week or 2.

Old 03-03-2015, 04:16 PM
eg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to behold
+1 on the Flow Forms and for Wheel Enhancement. They're stand-up guys, and a pleasure to deal with. I'm running the FF01's in black w/ Michelin Pilot Alpins as my winter set-up.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:42 PM
NSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really nice
I just traded my 991S for a GT3. I have a set of HRE p101's satin black with Tpms and Pzeros with 6k miles on the set coming up for sale. I purchased directly from wheel enhancements a bit over a year ago. Pm me if interested. The wheels are terrific and in perfect shape. I am making the swap this weekend and they will be ready to ship.
The GT3 has center locks so sadly I will sell my HRE's

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	568.2 KB
ID:	415512  
Old 03-04-2015, 02:09 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by NSD991
I just traded my 991S for a GT3. I have a set of HRE p101's satin black with Tpms and Pzeros with 6k miles on the set coming up for sale. I purchased directly from wheel enhancements a bit over a year ago. Pm me if interested. The wheels are terrific and in perfect shape. I am making the swap this weekend and they will be ready to ship.
The GT3 has center locks so sadly I will sell my HRE's
Wow, looked great too. What color is the GT3?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Planning to change from 20" Classic Alloys to 20" Sport Techno Alloys ? Suggestions ?