Picking Up My Grey Metalic C4S on Wed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 08:41 AM
GuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the rough
Picking Up My Grey Metalic C4S on Wed

OK folks if everything goes as planned I will be picking up my new 2014 grey metallic C4S PDK on Wed April 22. Anything I should know ahead of time or questions I should ask before leaving the showroom.The car is pretty loaded. Not my first Porsche, but this seems on another level in terms of sophistication and gadgets. My 2008 Cab had a bit of a raw unrefined feel compared to this. Also I was pretty **** about oil changes on the old car, which I did myself, would I still be able to do them on the 991 or am I going to need a $500 Porsche shop tool to do them. In essence what should I expect? Drove the car twice, and in sport + it is a road rocket. Going to be DD, hey you buy it you might as well drive it although also have a 2013 Jeep Wrangler.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:46 AM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
The Howl in Sport Plus is Amazing!!!
Enjoy!!

Old 04-19-2015, 09:09 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Oil changes are easy. I think you are going to love it.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:37 PM
mdk888 is a jewel in the roughmdk888 is a jewel in the roughmdk888 is a jewel in the roughmdk888 is a jewel in the rough
Being on this site, you probably know more than the salesman already, that was the case for me at least. This was my first porsche and surprisingly, I did not get the typical after sale pushes like extended warranty, wheel and tire insurance, etc... sell up like I did with my other car purchases. Sign the papers, get in the car and drive! Perhaps map out a nice scenic route to take on your way home

Old 04-19-2015, 02:36 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
Take a look at any extended wheel/tire warranty your Dealer offers. I bought the 5 year wheel/tire road hazard warranty, and just got my second free tire, so I am about even cost wise right now.

Old 04-25-2015, 01:45 PM
GuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the rough
Ok couldn’t work the deal for the 2014, BUT did get a deal done for a black on black PDK 2013 with under 5K miles for 20K less. being trucked up in a week. Anxiously anticipating...Question it only has one key. where can I get a key that will work? I realize I will have to bring it in to dealership to have it programmed. I think they get an hour @$150 per to do this and that’s fine. Don’t want to spend the $425 my dealer wants for JUST the key and the another 150 on top of that if I can help it. I've seen some on ebay just wondering if they work. Thanks in advance

Old 04-25-2015, 04:17 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Don't waste your time or money on a key anywhere but from an authorized Porsche dealer, they won't work. They are coded to the VIN and come from Porsche USA. Your selling dealer - if a Porsche store - should be willing to sell you one at cost and no programming charge if you are buying the car from them.

P.S. I LOVE your Guzzi avatar. Most people don't know that bike had a V-8 engine in it and absolutely screamed. This is my old Guzzi (since sold) '93 Daytona! I got too old for the riding position on it....but what a bike.

Name:  DSC_1167_zps68beb0e1.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  118.7 KB

Last edited by drcollie; 04-25-2015 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-25-2015, 05:58 PM
Thanks dr. Point well taken. Yeah the old v8 was screamer. Used to race guzzi s in the 80s and part of the 90s. Love them. Got to watch the development of the Daytona, which BTW was based on the frame design of Dr John Witners race bike, in my good friend Manfred Hecht's "RaceCo" shop. They developed the heads their. Rode and tested the first one to hit the states. Loved that bike. Very well balanced and pretty fast. But alas I also can't take the riding position any longer either. I will take you good advice and use my dealer for the key. Thanks.