Black Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 04:01 PM
billco is on a distinguished road
Black Wheels

Did it take you a while to fall in love with Black wheels on 911's.
I still don't get it. Reminds me of a vehicle that hasn't been washed for 6 months but I know I am in the minority. Just wondering what attracts you to them. Was it love at first sight? In the past, I have disliked certain styles at first, then grown to love them. Still waiting for that to happen with these... but not yet.

Old 07-11-2015, 04:35 PM
Jim M. will become famous soon enoughJim M. will become famous soon enough
+1, I don't like them, I think they always look dirty and for lazy owners. The only car I've seen where I thought they looked good was an all black car with blacked out windows, but that car had gloss black wheels.

Old 07-11-2015, 04:45 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Black Wheels

For me it's a Love Hate.
Love when they are clean!
My car is Black, Black Interior and Tinted windows.

Old 07-11-2015, 04:47 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Black Wheels

All Black

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo128.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	842.9 KB
ID:	423675  
Old 07-11-2015, 05:34 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
I like the CL wheels on my turbo. Enough silver on the face for some bling, and the rest is black.

And the black really does help hide the dirt. Not much brake dust to speak of with the PCCBs.

Old 07-11-2015, 06:14 PM
911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold
I like the contrast with a light color. I have 2 sets of wheels (winter and summer) and both are black.

I wouldn't say they are for "lazy owners" --- my car gets cleaned (by me) every week. Also, black wheels look just as bad as silver wheels when dirty.

Attached Images  
Old 07-11-2015, 06:24 PM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
I might be biased but I think they are great looking. I don't agree with the "lazy owner" comment. I wash my car weekly and full detail it myself at least 2-3 times a year. I like the angry look black gives the car. Had them on a white Porsche TT too. It's all about what you prefer not about your motivational habits.

Last edited by Jersey Shore; 07-12-2015 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-11-2015, 06:51 PM
powdercoatmike has a spectacular aura aboutpowdercoatmike has a spectacular aura about
I used to not like them, then something funny happened and I came to love them! I don't know why, but now we have black wheels on our Z4, Cayenne and 911. The 911 CPO came with them though.

1st pic was delivery day of the 991 and Cayenne, 2nd is the Cayenne 2 days later.

I went with orange on my black racecar though;/

Old 07-12-2015, 09:30 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by powdercoatmike
I used to not like them, then something funny happened and I came to love them! I don't know why, but now we have black wheels on our Z4, Cayenne and 911. The 911 CPO came with them though. 1st pic was delivery day of the 991 and Cayenne, 2nd is the Cayenne 2 days later. I went with orange on my black racecar though;/
Nice looking group of Black cars.

Old 07-12-2015, 09:33 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
I think they are played out. Not meant to offend anyone but no black wheels for me. This is my opinion and would never start a thread to insult.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:41 PM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of

I especially like black wheels on red cars ( Like Jersey Shore's 911 and my Hemi Challenger). However, I'm still up in the air about getting a set for my white 911.

Old 07-12-2015, 05:09 PM
onapex is on a distinguished road
I prefer a dark but not black finish, like the Titanium finish they offer OEM.

Old 07-12-2015, 06:55 PM
powdercoatmike has a spectacular aura aboutpowdercoatmike has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Michael_s
I think they are played out. Not meant to offend anyone but no black wheels for me. This is my opinion and would never start a thread to insult.
not for everyone, that's for sure. Fortunately for me, if I ever get bored with them, I can just powdercoat them another color.

Old 07-12-2015, 09:23 PM
jdmstuff is on a distinguished road
I was hesitant to get my wheels in black fearing that it would be overload, but once I saw them in person I was sold. Pictures don't do them justice, especially in matte black.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:22 AM
akbjr will become famous soon enoughakbjr will become famous soon enough
Black Wheels

Originally Posted by CarreraPete

I especially like black wheels on red cars ( Like Jersey Shore's 911 and my Hemi Challenger). However, I'm still up in the air about getting a set for my white 911.

That hemi is so cool. I have done it to a few of mine. Gets addictive no doubt.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo509.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	4.10 MB
ID:	423760   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo283.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	4.01 MB
ID:	423761  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Black Wheels