AWE customer service experience (not good)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 01:45 PM
MichaelB1969 is an unknown quantity at this point
AWE customer service experience (not good)

Sorry, I need to vent. I ordered the AWE Tuning Porsche 991 Carrera Performance Exhaust on 5/31, so 7 weeks ago. I didn't realize they didn't stock it, so was bummed about the 5 week lead time they quoted, but ordered it of course.

I called a few times along the way for status updates and they said it was due for completion by 5/8 and that I would get a tracking number when it shipped.

5/8 came and went, and after not hearing anything for 5 more days, I called on the 13th and was told that it did show in their system as being completed on the 8th but hadn't shipped out. The person said they weren't sure why, and would check with shipping the following day.

I didn't hear back from him that next day (the 14th) and at the end of the day I sent an email asking if he'd heard back from shipping. No response, but I sent the email just before 5pm, so he may have left for the day.

Halfway through the day (EST time) on the 15th (yesterday), I still hadn't heard back, so I called and the same person picked up the phone and said that shipping never got back to him. He put me on hold and about 7 or 8 minutes later came back on the line and asked if I could give him a little more time and that he'd call me right back.

We hung up, and after not hearing back after a few hours, I sent an email requesting that he please send me an updated status before he left for the weekend.

And of course, no callback. No return email.

I have been itching to get this exhaust for 7 weeks, and it's been sitting there at AWE for more than a week. Which is really annoying not only because I want the darn thing, but also since I prepaid for it 7 weeks ago.

Okay, I'm done. Needed to vent. Thanks for listening (reading)...

If AWE is listening, I'd really like to know when my exhaust is going to ship.

Mike

Old 07-16-2016, 02:38 PM
does195 is on a distinguished road
Wow. Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've heard a bad review. When my chrome tips showed signs of pitting, I received a new pair in a couple of days.

Old 07-16-2016, 03:12 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Very unusual to get a complaint about AWE....I've contacted Josh at AWE and I hope we can get this resolved for you immediately...for future reference, if any member is having an issue with a site vendor please don't just sit and take it..contact us so we can help

Old 07-16-2016, 05:40 PM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
Very unusual to get a complaint about AWE....I've contacted Josh at AWE and I hope we can get this resolved for you immediately...for future reference, if any member is having an issue with a site vendor please don't just sit and take it..contact us so we can help
Well done!

Old 07-16-2016, 09:04 PM
Thanks Chuck. Would love to simply get an answer from them as to the status. Appreciate it.

Best,
Mike

Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck

Old 07-17-2016, 03:09 AM
satoru is on a distinguished road
bummer man, sorry to hear. i have ordered 2 exhaust already from them. never had any troubles. from what i was told they are supposed to be made to order so lead times are approx 6 to 8 weeks. what really was a bummer for me was the shipping to Hawaii...over $200 to my door. i guess shipping in a smaller box might have helpped...lol

Old 07-17-2016, 12:15 PM
But at the end of the day, you live in Hawaii, so things couldn't have been that bad.

Originally Posted by satoru
bummer man, sorry to hear. i have ordered 2 exhaust already from them. never had any troubles. from what i was told they are supposed to be made to order so lead times are approx 6 to 8 weeks. what really was a bummer for me was the shipping to Hawaii...over $200 to my door. i guess shipping in a smaller box might have helpped...lol

Old 07-17-2016, 02:07 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MichaelB1969
Thanks Chuck. Would love to simply get an answer from them as to the status. Appreciate it.

Best,
Mike
Mike, I will make sure you are contacted tomorrow...does AWE have your daytime phone number? If not pm it to me.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:15 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Here I am, Mike!

I'm on this and will get to the bottom of it. I have all of your contact information and will be in touch with you as soon as I have all of the necessary details!

Last edited by Josh/AWE; 07-18-2016 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-18-2016, 11:10 AM
Administrator
Thanks Josh...please get this customer some info

Old 07-18-2016, 12:47 PM
Got an update from the person who I was working with at AWE.

He said that the completion date of the 8th was pushed the the 22nd of this month, and that I was given inaccurate information when told it was completed on the 8th.

I asked if they would expedite shipping since it has been delayed 2 more weeks from the initial lead time I was given when I ordered. I'll see what they say.

Thanks to Chuck for pushing them to respond.

Best,
Mike

Old 07-18-2016, 02:02 PM
bushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond repute
Have yet to have a problem with anybody associated with this site, just great to know that these people really have your back when in need.

Old 07-19-2016, 03:30 AM
satoru is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MichaelB1969
But at the end of the day, you live in Hawaii, so things couldn't have been that bad.
my friends say it's the price of paradise..lol

Anyways, wanted nothing but AWE so did not mind paying for it. Awesome quality stuff, and Mike's on it...he helped my first order that I had messed up. He will do it right.

Last edited by satoru; 07-19-2016 at 03:33 AM.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:06 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I put an AWE exhaust on my 997.2S a while back- thing was awesome. Good craftsmanship!

Old 07-20-2016, 01:06 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
It'll be on it's way today, Mike!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AWE customer service experience (not good)