Chalk colored interiors - feedback pls

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 03:31 PM
boohaw1 is on a distinguished road
Chalk colored interiors - feedback pls

Looking at a build for a 2017 and focused on the night blue metallic with the chalk interior seat and the dark blue leather dash combo. Basically, I am trying to identify an interior color which compliments the dark blue exterior and offers some contrast to it.

Any feedback on the downside of the light interior with staining, cleaning, etc would be much appreciated. Any thoughts on what interior color might compliment the dark blue exterior?

Old 12-31-2016, 04:41 PM
AviBen is an unknown quantity at this point
For what it's worth, I ordered (and await) a night blue metallic 2017 TTS with the Beige/Black interior (my SA recommended not to get all beige because of light reflection problems above the dash, and Porsche actually makes you sign a waiver if you get all beige). I ordered the exterior color accent which goes between the black and the beige; it's called "Interior Package Painted i.c.w. Leather" on the options list. To my mind and eye, beige and dark blue go great together. I've had beige leather interiors on other cars in the past without any problems. Having looked at a lot of them, I think other non-black complimentary interiors would be: bordeaux, and chalk/graphite blue. In fact, night blue is so dark that I think almost anything goes with it.

Old 12-31-2016, 05:28 PM
Great feedback. Thanks! Quick additional question... when you say "beige" do you mean cognac? Is the dash going to be black and seats beige? The "interior package painted i.c.w. leather" combines/does what exactly?

Old 12-31-2016, 05:30 PM
carsnob is on a distinguished road
That chalk colour would be beautiful. I had that (similar ivory kind of shade) in my yachting blue Panamera , and wasn't too worried as I was always keeping it clean. Blue jeans would leave a hue occasionally which required a leather cleaner. And I had to watch out for leather jackets getting wet in the rain!
On my 2017 cab, I opted for the midnight blue ( w/black top), and chose the cognac/espresso brown. Definitely different, and I had to decide if I'd be happy with dk. brown instead of black. Turns out it is a really nice look and a richer deeper colour, and in my opinion, preferable to the beige /black. Somehow a little less stark.
There is some discussion about this colour combo by Eduardo -- the interior and paint to sample mentor in the Rennlist forum.
He feels that will be a classic Porsche colour combination...
It's a nice surprise and change when you open the door of a dark blue car, and don't see black.
On the other hand if you're want to keep your car meticulously clean then the light chalk would also be beautiful!

Old 12-31-2016, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by boohaw1
Great feedback. Thanks! Quick additional question... when you say "beige" do you mean cognac? Is the dash going to be black and seats beige? The "interior package painted i.c.w. leather" combines/does what exactly?

Take a look at the pics and description of the option on my build sheet on the configurator - use Porsche Code PHXDSMV6.

Old 12-31-2016, 05:40 PM
Oh - and I am debating whether to switch the interior colors from black/beige to cognac/espresso brown, before my order locks. I've never seen that premium combo in person, and I'm concerned about whether the seat, door and lower dash color (which is the cognac) is too bright or flashy.

Old 12-31-2016, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by AviBen
Take a look at the pics and description of the option on my build sheet on the configurator - use Porsche Code PHXDSMV6.

Where do you insert your specific Porsche Code on the configurator page?

Old 12-31-2016, 11:06 PM
carsnob is on a distinguished road
Oh - and I am debating whether to switch the interior colors from black/beige to cognac/espresso brown, before my order locks. I've never seen that premium combo in person, and I'm concerned about whether the seat, door and lower dash color (which is the cognac) is too bright or flashy.
Not bright and not flashy.
Red exterior, or lime green, Miami blue or yellow is flashy IMO.
The dark carpeting helps (whereas beige int. has the light carpeting ) so the dark contrast helps.
In fact the standard brushed aluminum trim separates the two colors very nicely

Old 01-01-2017, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by boohaw1
Where do you insert your specific Porsche Code on the configurator page?
Go to the configurator page for a Turbo S, click on the button at the top that looks like an open folder, and you'll get a screen for loading the code.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:26 AM
I can now see your build config. Very nice.

I don't think that you can go wrong with the black/beige. I did see the midnight blue with the cognac/expresso while I was traveling in Boston. Check out Herb Chambers website for a midnight blue TTs with the cognac/expresso interior. It looks sharp and I saw it in person.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:41 AM
roadking will become famous soon enough
Just took delivery of a 17' C2 in Miami with Chalk/Dark Blue interior. Love it. Striking and a nice contrast. Love the two tone interiors with the right exterior colors. Good luck, you are on the right path.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:48 AM
Would love to see some pictures of the exterior and interior if you don't mind. It sounds beautiful.

Old 01-01-2017, 12:36 PM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
You typically want a dark colored dash to cut on glare.
My old dealer told me that light dashboards tend to show a reflection in the windshield when driving, but that Porsche told them not to bring it up to customers. Now Porsche has a disclaimer.

Old 01-01-2017, 12:39 PM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by roadking
Just took delivery of a 17' C2 in Miami with Chalk/Dark Blue interior. Love it. Striking and a nice contrast. Love the two tone interiors with the right exterior colors. Good luck, you are on the right path.
I really want to see pics of this. Miami was probably my favorite color, but I couldn't get my wife to sign off on it. Even when she opened up the Porsche config and her mind to consider it, we couldn't create a good interior (leather color and trim) that worked with it. No matter what we did it seemed to clash.

I ended up ordering a guards red exterior with black interior. We were really close to lava orange.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:29 AM
Just had a chance to see the cognac/espresso combo in person at my dealer, on a new Targa 4S in paint-to-sample Brewster Green (what a great dark rich color!). Although the car is absolutely gorgeous, and the cognac color is classy looking and fits, it's significantly darker than beige and has a little bit of a basketball orange kind of tint, and the espresso doesn't seem to go with blue as well as the black dash (which is really more of a charcoal color). I'm sticking with beige/black for my night blue. Either one would be fine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.