996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Love my Mode Camber Plates. Thanks Dan / Vivid !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 11:27 AM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
Love my Mode Camber Plates. Thanks Dan / Vivid !

Tracked down a clunk to a bad strut bearing from my stock suspension. Went with Dan for camber plates and the optional upper spring perches for the PSS10's.
The clunk is finally gone. Steering feel is lighter, so I'm wondering how much drag was on the orginal strut bearing?
Very nice quality, and as always, Dan and Vivid are the best.

Some pics for your enjoyment...

Old 07-01-2009, 01:41 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Nice....Does the ride feel more harsh?

Old 07-01-2009, 02:10 PM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
No harshness whatsoever. I've driven it on some real washboard stuff too.
Very, very happy that my old clunky mounts are gone up front.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:26 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Man those look nice!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-01-2009, 03:31 PM
LamboTT has a spectacular aura aboutLamboTT has a spectacular aura about
Man that install sucks by the way..lower joint is a pain to get off. Looks good though.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by Soundeffects
Man that install sucks by the way..lower joint is a pain to get off. Looks good though.
I have a modified NAPA tool that works like a champ. Had to grind open the opening, and reverse the lever on the fulcrum so it can reach the bolts and push straight down.... Took me 10min....

Old 07-01-2009, 04:49 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jjbravo
I have a modified NAPA tool that works like a champ. Had to grind open the opening, and reverse the lever on the fulcrum so it can reach the bolts and push straight down.... Took me 10min....

I've found out that that tool works great but not all the time. I've stripped the threads from the bolt twice using one of these. It really depends how tight was that lower balljoint to begin with. I've found out that it is much easier to just remove the control arm from the engine cradle and leave the balljoint attached to the spindle.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:11 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
wow, they look exactly like weltmeister camber plates.
how do you like the pss10?

Old 07-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Hey Oak...
Weltmeisters ? Googled them and they do have some nice stuff, but doesn't look like they've ventured much past 993 stuff have they?

I was confused by couple of PSS10 posts recently that were a little critical of them. My opinion is that they are awesome for the money. Planted, and the compression and rebound damping seemed perfectly matched for performance street application. I wouldn't want anything more aggressive for a street ride, and I wouldn't want anything less either and I'm set up pretty soft. Good stuff.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:33 PM
MSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud of
Looking good! Did you ever get the sway bar situation fgured out?

Old 07-01-2009, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by MSCaymanS
Looking good! Did you ever get the sway bar situation fgured out?
Yepper, I bought some Tarret rear drop links. Fixed it like a champ.

I do love this crazy car !

Old 07-02-2009, 12:02 AM
MSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud of
I love mine too!

Old 04-19-2010, 04:42 AM
eds966tt is on a distinguished road
Im thinking about doing my own install as well. I guess you make a good point. Take the arm off from the frame rather then the ball joint. I didnt think you needed to remove the fwd assembly. hmm how long per side did it take you?

I guess the rears are just remove interior , then upper bolts and lower mount and drop out correct?

Im on the fence between kw and Bilstn10. I think the drive around town is great. Im even considering HR. Have you been to a DE event on the track? How do you like the setup you have?

thx Ed

Old 04-19-2010, 05:37 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
it all depends upon lowering...too much will kill the suspension...

Old 04-19-2010, 08:58 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Get KW V3. You will love them once they are dialed in.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Love my Mode Camber Plates. Thanks Dan / Vivid !