996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

HFS-6 Install Pictures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Former Vendor
DaveM@EPL is just really niceDaveM@EPL is just really niceDaveM@EPL is just really niceDaveM@EPL is just really nice
HFS-6 Install Pictures

I just completed another Aquamist HFS-6 install here at the shop, figured I would post up a couple pictures of what this install actually involves and what it could look like when its finished.

This install is slightly different than our "usual" install which involve hanging a 6QT tank over the front of the gas tank. The customer felt that placement of a tank there would not allow him optimal cargo space as he often would fill it. The solution was to mount a tank on the side, where he felt it was out of the way. A 4QT tank was used, and even though it would need to be filled up more often, it allowed us to retain 110% of the factory "things" under the false floor; spare, jack, toolkit, amp, air pump, and water injection pump .

The wiring in the corner hanging in front of the interior panel was done during a radar detector/jammer install or something and it was pulled too tight to fix it, but it gets covered by a Bose box

We have significant experience with installing these kits, and we do offer free install support, wiring diagrams, and general tips to customers and their install shops with the kit purchases.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:35 AM
sc_trojan has a spectacular aura aboutsc_trojan has a spectacular aura about
dave- nice install. just curious, where did you mount the FCM?

I ended up using the stock wiper fluid tank for a more stock look.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:47 AM
audikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to behold
looks great Dave!!

Old 11-19-2009, 09:42 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Nice clean install! Well done...

Old 11-19-2009, 10:31 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Looks Great Dave! I will forward a copy of this to Bill to help out with his install, how many hours did the install take??

Old 11-19-2009, 10:47 AM
Former Vendor
DaveM@EPL is just really niceDaveM@EPL is just really niceDaveM@EPL is just really niceDaveM@EPL is just really nice
Thanks guys! A usual install takes about 7 hours, this one took about 10 due to the custom tank mounting I had to play with. Depending on gauge location, etc., its easy to go even over 10 hours. Be sure to have Bill get in touch with me if he has any questions at all, I'd be glad to help him out!

Old 11-19-2009, 11:17 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Dave i love that Gauge location any more pics of during the install of the gauge

Old 11-19-2009, 12:13 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Nice stuff as usual...

Old 11-19-2009, 12:18 PM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
Nice and tidy installation! Looks like the FCM is mounted near the O2 connectors on the right hand side of the engine bay.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
Nice job. At what point did you transition to the rubber tubing? Entrance to engine bay?

Am I correct in my assumption that an installation like this requires alteration of the EPROM maps?

At what rate (ounces/min) would you estimate consumption to be under road course conditions with mostly WOT? Engine has a lot more HP/Tq than stock.

Last edited by Al Norton; 11-19-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
Dave i love that Gauge location any more pics of during the install of the gauge
I do not have any other pics during the install, but it really only a matter of relocating the temp sensor for the climate control and a little trimming. I ordered a few extra of those plastic covers from the dealer, and I'll probably pre-modify them to fit the gauge if anyone was interested.

Originally Posted by Al Norton
Nice job. At what point did you transition to the rubber tubing? Entrance to engine bay?

Am I correct in my assumption that an installation like this requires alteration of the EPROM maps?

At what rate (ounces/min) would you estimate consumption to be under road course conditions with mostly WOT? Engine has a lot more HP/Tq than stock.
The line is plastic line throughout, just sleeved inside the engine bay. It really makes it look neater and works as cheap insurance incase the line does become sensitive to heat. The line shipping in the kits in the past year seems to be much less affected by heat, so it hasn't been an issue. Even if you were running water only, you would still see some benefits in an ECU retune because of the lower IATs.

As far as consumption rates go, it varies between kits we have it installed on and whether we use the HFS1 or 6. Audikp is running an HFS-1 with a 6QT tank and it is enough to get him through an entire DE session without a problem.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:19 PM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DaveM@EPL
As far as consumption rates go, it varies between kits we have it installed on and whether we use the HFS1 or 6. Audikp is running an HFS-1 with a 6QT tank and it is enough to get him through an entire DE session without a problem.
Why choose the 6 over the 1 and vice versa?

Old 11-19-2009, 02:31 PM
Former Vendor
Among the main differences:

The 6 is a progressive flow based system, and the 1 is an all or nothing spray.
The 6 has multiple separate harnesses that plug individually into the main controller, the wires must be stripped and screwed into screw terminals into the 1's controller.

The install goes quicker on the HFS-6, so if you are paying someone to install it, the money you save on labor makes up for the higher kit cost, you just end up with a nicer system.

We generally recommended the HFS-6 for anyone who tracks their car, the HFS-1 is sufficient for street driving and drag use. When we installed audikp's system a year ago, the 6 did not exist.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:48 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Dave where else have you placed the gauges??

Old 11-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Former Vendor
Glove box if you have one

The gauge placement on the passenger side isn't as out of place as it may seem, and is in a convenient enough place where you can glance at it and still look at the road. Keep in mind, besides turning the system on and off if you wanted to, the only thing you really need to see is if the water level light is on. If the flow failsafe trips for some reason, it will also throw the level light yellow for 15 seconds.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HFS-6 Install Pictures