996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Kinesis F110 wheels cracked! A must see!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
It is what you do when no one is looking that counts. This last year i received a set of quality IC's at a very reasonable price. I decided to vacuum them out to male sure there were no parts in them. As i did so i decided to pressure test them with my shop vac. They had massive leaks. I could have resold them and got my money back easily. The buyer would have gotten them put them on and ruined a set of turbos with overspin. I did not even consider that. Instead i called the maker and told him the situation. These ic's being over 4 years old had no warranty and were sold to me second hand, yet the maker replaced them at his expense. My honesty was paid off by the makers honorable behavior. The seller, a friend of mine was unaware and offered to buy them back, also honorable behavior. I then had a set of blownsix ic's that i previously had on my car. They worked fine. However, i went ahead and tested them as well before selling them. I could not have someone elses misery on my conscience. They tested fine and i sold them. I could just as easily claimed ignorance on both accounts. It is definitely what you do when no one is looking that makes you who you are. Of course this shows how an upstanding and honorable seller, maker deals with an issue. Honorable men all the way around.

If wheel dynamics had done the right thing from the onset this thread would be non existent.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:00 PM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
Lots of learning from reading this thread.
Bottom line is,WD should have never welded those wheels to begin with,period. Like some one mentioned earlier,the spokes are the most stressed out part of any wheel,so how could they be welded
WD has no one else but themselves to blame.
They could/should have have given Don the refund and not the dang credit even if it was say 50%. Mr Deezy could have been blamed for the other 50%.

Questions to ask when buying used wheels:
1)- Any repair work done and what kinda repair done ?
2)- Any structural damage ?
3)- Written warranty ?
4)- How long have you been in buisness ?
5)- Have you ever worked under a different name ?

Last edited by quick; 04-20-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:04 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
The only question I would have, after reading this thread, is to inquire where the nearest exit is. No more used wheels for me. (I bought a used set of stockers with silly low miles on them from a respected member on this board, but I won't be buying used wheels again, from anyone.)

Originally Posted by quick
Questions to ask when buying used wheels:
1)- Any repair work done and what kinda repair done ?
2)- Any structural damage ?
3)- Written warranty ?
4)- How long have you been in buisness ?
5)- Have you ever worked under a different name ?

Old 04-21-2011, 06:09 AM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
If you send them back to the original wheel manufacturer for inspection, you have nothing to fear. If not, CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Originally Posted by seth_horwitz
The only question I would have, after reading this thread, is to inquire where the nearest exit is. No more used wheels for me. (I bought a used set of stockers with silly low miles on them from a respected member on this board, but I won't be buying used wheels again, from anyone.)

Old 04-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Can not believe this thread will not die!

Old 05-23-2011, 03:55 PM
mathys is just really nicemathys is just really nicemathys is just really nicemathys is just really nicemathys is just really nice
Wow.... What a long reading experience, but well worth it.

I can fully understand that people, including those owning a business, can make mistakes. Even when this should not have happened in the first place, it is just very sad that nobody takes the responsibility to act up and make it right.

I can see this is a tight and friendly community. Passing on your bad experience to a fellow member is one stap too far though.

WD should have admitted it was a mistake to attempt to repair those wheels. The first buyer should be fully refunded straight away, so he could refund buyer #2 again.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:37 PM
feroz928 is on a distinguished road
This is not an accurate summary of what transpired; however, this thread should have been closed a long time ago. Why it has not been closed is a mystery to me. Wheel Dynamics and Fast Forward is a reputable business and they have no intention of changing their name or location. They are not a fly by night business. If you don't want to shop there, that is your choice, but to continue to suggest that they are dishonest and might try to change their name is absurd. Most people that I have spoken with, know the good qualities of WD and the owner, Eli. Freedom of choice, shop where you want to shop. I sure hope they close this thread

Originally Posted by dragonman4
Here's my attempt at a summary for everyone new to the thread:

- Dgreen78 (Don) bought wheels from a fellow 6speed member MrDeezy (Joe) and while driving, 2 spokes sheared. No one was injured thank god.

- Don tries to talk to Joe privately to settle the matter, but Joe basically tells him to talk to Wheel Dynamics (Hereto referred to as WD)

- Don notices that the wheels were "repaired" before and multiple spokes were sheared and then re-welded

- Both WD and Joe fail to disclose the fact the wheels were re-welded and only say they were "painted" or "strengthened"

- WD refuses to give Don a full credit, or a replacement set of rims. Their basis is that they cannot control what happens to the rims after they leave their inventory and they themselves did not sell the rims to Don. However, they did not disclose to Joe that the wheels were re-welded after spokes had sheared. At the time of purchase from Joe, Don was transferred an "extended warranty" from WD

- From investigation, other members found that WD had bought the cracked rims from another 6speed member and "repaired" them and in turn sold them to Joe

- Thread is posted on Jalopnik, as well as other forums. Flamewar ensues

- Mods get involved and Eli from WD tries to give Don a 2/3 credit to which Don rightfully declines.

- Joe comes out and admits he didn't fully disclose the information, tells us he tried to contact WD originally as well but was given the run around and WD offered him an "extended warranty" which was transferred to Don. BTW, he admits he is culpable for having not disclosed the wheels were damaged and trying to recoup money from his loss by selling to Don

- Joe refuses to give Don his money back because he doesn't have the funds

- More flamewar

- Decision is made to ban WD as well as Joe, but Don is still left without refund and a broken set of rims

- *Wheel Dynamics* aka *Fast Forward* is likely to change their name so everyone be aware of the following address and telephone number. (thx to boochook)
Phone:
(626) 248-8881 or
(323) 262-7365
Address:
2580 Corporate Place Building F-108, Monterey Park, CA 91754

Old 05-23-2011, 07:05 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
whatever dude , keep playing your violin . give it a rest would you ? its obvious the intnesions were from WD.

you can be in denial , or refuse to believe , but the proof is in front of you.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:20 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by feroz928
Most people that I have spoken with, know the good qualities of WD and the owner, Eli. Freedom of choice, shop where you want to shop. I sure hope they close this thread
6speedonline is not curtailing any member's to chose...and as important as freedom of choice, is the freedom to express and share ideas, and allow people to comment openly about an experience with a now former vendor.

As long as the thread is kept civil, it will remain open.

bob

Last edited by bbywu; 05-23-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:44 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by feroz928
This is not an accurate summary of what transpired; however, this thread should have been closed a long time ago. Why it has not been closed is a mystery to me. Wheel Dynamics and Fast Forward is a reputable business and they have no intention of changing their name or location. They are not a fly by night business. If you don't want to shop there, that is your choice, but to continue to suggest that they are dishonest and might try to change their name is absurd. Most people that I have spoken with, know the good qualities of WD and the owner, Eli. Freedom of choice, shop where you want to shop. I sure hope they close this thread
If you know so much maybe you can explain why important information on the WD ad was deleted months after the ad was placed and right after the issue exploded.

A copy of the original ad was available and WD was given a chance to explain (why certain statements were deleted) before the original was produced. Maybe you ought to go back and read the original for yourself before you make any more embarrassing statements. What was deleted speaks for itself.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:28 PM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting read. Personally I almost contacted WD regarding wheels but was put off by their ads. I rarely take a business seriously that uses half dressed models in their ads, especially ones that aren't even pretty

Anyway, I have a question stimulated by various statements in this thread.

Is it really bad to re-powdercoat wheels? Does the baking really get that hot, that it causes the wheel to lose it's strength? I ordered HRE's from Wheel Enhancement at the recommendation of the dealership. They recommended WE, not HRE, just to be clear. Anyway, I was considering having the OE TT II's redone for track wheels. Is this really a bad idea?

Mods, feel free to move this if it's too far OT.

Jim

Old 01-21-2013, 09:31 PM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
Glad I found this old thread as I had money in hand for WD wheels (new) now I don't think I'll do business with them.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:52 PM
Fallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud of
FWIW, I've been looking to buy new wheels.... Now I know whose wheels NOT to buy. Shame on the manufacturer. Imagine any business losing this many customers in one easy to correct situation.

There are plenty of straight forward big boy businesses to do business with like HRE. Stick to the big boys, they usually take care of their customers.

Again, shame on WD Wheels.

FBS

Old 07-18-2013, 01:11 AM
SoCal997 is on a distinguished road
Video

Originally Posted by mathys
Wow.... What a long reading experience, but well worth it.

I can fully understand that people, including those owning a business, can make mistakes. Even when this should not have happened in the first place, it is just very sad that nobody takes the responsibility to act up and make it right.

I can see this is a tight and friendly community. Passing on your bad experience to a fellow member is one stap too far though.

WD should have admitted it was a mistake to attempt to repair those wheels. The first buyer should be fully refunded straight away, so he could refund buyer #2 again.

Valuable lessons learned from this thread. This could be a b-school case study...

Anyhow, thinking about buying used rims from a private seller but I'll be sure to buy local and try to get the closest thing to a ppi as I can from a local wheel repair place.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:12 AM
orange260z is on a distinguished road
Wow, just read this whole thread and am now turned off for life on buying used wheels. Hope things worked out OK for the OP.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kinesis F110 wheels cracked! A must see!