996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Kinesis F110 wheels cracked! A must see!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 08:07 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
MrDeezy, while I commend you for admitting wrong doing and coming forward with evidence, I have to ask why you feel that you are not culpable? You say you have no money, yet you own a Porsche. Have you no future earning potential to make this right in time. Your attitude of "go after the deep pocket company and leave me the private citizen alone" is just wrong considering you yourself did not fully disclose the wheel's condition. Please explain this to the membership.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:28 AM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
This is one of those times where I think it would have been best for WD to suck it up and take control of this issue and make it go away. I can't imagine any scenario where this is going to work out to their benefit, I'm sure expert after expert will have serious issues with wheel repair work and related safety. This will take it's toll on WD's credibility in relation to wheel repair, not too mention their business in general.

No matter the outcome, it's unlikely WD is going to come out ahead, not to mention the legal expenses.

Sometimes you just need to swallow your pride, take your lumps, and move on. Learn from the experience.

Just my .02

Old 03-24-2011, 08:38 AM
Banned
mrdeezy is just really nicemrdeezy is just really nicemrdeezy is just really nicemrdeezy is just really nicemrdeezy is just really nice
Originally Posted by landjet
MrDeezy, while I commend you for admitting wrong doing and coming forward with evidence, I have to ask why you feel that you are not culpable? You say you have no money, yet you own a Porsche. Have you no future earning potential to make this right in time. Your attitude of "go after the deep pocket company and leave me the private citizen alone" is just wrong considering you yourself did not fully disclose the wheel's condition. Please explain this to the membership.
It is not that a feel as I am not culpable. I was told by a professional that the wheel was fixable. I made sure it had a warranty. The question would be really how much I actually believed of this. Don knew that wheels were coming directly from WD. There are a few grey areas in these facts, of who knew what.
The thing is if i had profited of the sale to Don,or even broke even it would make things different.I had to sell at over a 30% loss.As a consumer i cannot afford to lose anymore.
I also feel as a licensed shop and forum sponsor.The actual shop has to be held to higher standard than regular people like me.I have no expertise in wheels.With my begging and pleading in emails and over the phone didn't get me anywhere with WD.I even offer to accept 2000 just so he will take them back(due to his negligence) It was just an impossible situation to be in. A definite learning experience.
I was told i had a working warranted set of wheels.
My only other option would to throw them in a dumpster.
Which I should have done.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:09 AM
serval is a jewel in the roughserval is a jewel in the roughserval is a jewel in the rough
Joe, (MrDeezy)

with all due consideration to gray areas (as misused a term if ever there was one), let me ask a black and white question:

Why didn't you tell Don that the wheels were broken and subsequently welded?

Also knowing that WD (Eli), was not being reasonable, what made you believe he would be reasonable with Don? Come on, there's nothing gray here - you got taken, lost some money and are now justifying passing that loss to someone else. Give me a break. Both you and Eli put money ahead of doing the right thing. You sold someone a lemon knowingly and that is shady. What would you have done if there was an accident? Rationalize that away as well? End of story.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:07 AM
mpegripper is a jewel in the roughmpegripper is a jewel in the roughmpegripper is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Prche951
seems like someone is not happy and giving neg rep right after I posted yesterday on this thread.

Anyone who got neg rep, let me know I will give you some posi rep.

Apparently this has gone viral. It is on rennlist and a few bimmer forums I think.
yup, i first saw this on m3forum

Originally Posted by serval
Joe, (MrDeezy)

with all due consideration to gray areas (as misused a term if ever there was one), let me ask a black and white question:

Why didn't you tell Don that the wheels were broken and subsequently welded?

Also knowing that WD (Eli), was not being reasonable, what made you believe he would be reasonable with Don? Come on, there's nothing gray here - you got taken, lost some money and are now justifying passing that loss to someone else. Give me a break. Both you and Eli put money ahead of doing the right thing. You sold someone a lemon knowingly and that is shady. What would you have done if there was an accident? Rationalize that away as well? End of story.
agreed, there is no gray area as this damage was not disclosed, the seller just simply hid the fact that repairs were made

Old 03-24-2011, 10:34 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Don't worry, they'll just "CHANGE THE NAME OF THEIR COMPANY" like another one did.....

Originally Posted by cjv
Wheel Dynamics really needs to answer some questions. Starting with my question about editing their post to remove what appears to be damaging material. If there is a reasonable explanation than we are ready to listen.

If Wheel Dynamics made a mistake, the best thing they can do is make it right. If Wheel Dynamics believe they are unjustly being accused, please provide information backing up their position. I have seen things like this almost bring down or bring down other companies. A bad reputation just doesn't make for a continuing and profitable company.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:38 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
+1 on that brother!!!! God forbid, what if......that's the question......this has been an eye opener for me.......I refuse to drive my son in my car b/c how modified it is and how many 2nd hand wheels I've bought......better me than anyone else in my family.

Originally Posted by atisvt99
I'm sure we have a few lawyers on this board... I really wonder if there are any legal actions that can be taken against the seller or more specifically the shop - negligence, reckless endangerment, and worse yet what COULD have been involuntary man-slaughter??? Simply amazing to me... And to hear that Don's little girl was in the car?!?! I'd setup camp at WD's front door until the issue was resolved. It's every fathers God-given responsibility to protect his child - and WD along with this entire chain of shady events KNOWINGLY, albeit indirectly, put his little girl directly in harm's way...

Don, as others have voiced, in the end, we're all just grateful that things turned out the way they did and that you (AND your little girl) are still with us!

Old 03-24-2011, 10:53 AM
dragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond repute
While I agree Mrdeezy is at fault for selling the wheels he is still just another member and an ordinary guy that made a mistake. On the other looking at wd yes once the wheels left your inventory and were sold you are no longer responsible for them but come on you really think that wheel should have been repaired? As a reputable wheel dealer you guys should have at least told the buyers that the wheels were repaired for having sheared spokes. Would you have run those wheels on your cars knowing what happened to them? No? I think this was an issue of profit being more important than customer satisfaction. As a business, the satisfaction of your customers should be a higher priority than your bottom line.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:59 AM
cgfen is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mrdeezy
Actually i saved the jpeg from the original ad with all of notes from the incident i think this is what your looking for:
purchase date was 11/17/2010 by the way

i know that there is a lot going on in this thread, but did you buy these wheels even after seeing this photo?
or was the sequence of events different than this post leads me to believe?

cheers

Craig

Old 03-24-2011, 11:01 AM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m...sis_f110-1.jpg
found that file name on photobucket

Old 03-24-2011, 11:11 AM
RichardB is a jewel in the roughRichardB is a jewel in the roughRichardB is a jewel in the roughRichardB is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Prche951
-----------------------

Apparently this has gone viral. It is on rennlist and a few bimmer forums I think.
Yup, I followed it over from some Mercedes forums.

I still can't figure out how MrDeezy (or should it be MrSleezy?) thinks for an instant that the guy he suckered with misrepresentations and lies into buying these wheels has ANY responsibility to deal with WD on his behalf.

He should pay the man back already and deal with WD on his own. Sure WD shafted him, but that should not be someone else's problem. Toss them in a dumpster or shaft someone? Geesh! Just because WD shafted him doesn't give him any right to pass the buck on this. Time to MAN UP!

I have to wonder, though, what in the world WD is thinking? It's obvious they do not have the ability to repair wheels, the integrity be honest about it or the decency to correct it. Bye bye credibility!

How many other wheels did these WD guys weld up and sell as safe?!?!?!?!

How many spinning death traps are out there waiting to fail and potentially harm or kill someone?

Good luck in getting this worked out!

Old 03-24-2011, 11:14 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by landjet

+1. While the dollar amounts in their respective bank accounts may be different, both Joe and WD pulled some very shady moves here and should be ashamed. Is one worse than the other? Maybe. (Personally, I don't think so.) Does Joe have as good an understanding about metalurgy as a wheel repair shop? No. Did he have practical evidence that these wheels could not be repaired in the proper manner by WD after HE HAD THEM BREAK ON HIS OWN CAR after the original repair? Absolutely. It was his responsibility to work it out with WD at that point, but instead he passed the buck. He may have lost $1,000 as he claims, but someone else could have then lost their life. Joe, I'm sorry that you are having financial issues, but if I were the OP, you'd be getting the same lawsuit filed against you as WD. If I had the same thing happen to me and I had a kid in the car ... man, a lawsuit would be the last thing on my list of actions to remedy the situation. It bothers me that you haven't acknowledged how badly you screwed up here, as I'm not clear that you wouldn't do the same thing again if you were in a cash-tight situation. You got hosed, but that was a completely separate incident from you screwing someone else. There is no justification for that sale unless the wheels were sold with full disclosure. (You already said that they weren't.)

Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
I know some of you might think that all vendors are logged-on to 6-spd all day long, that’s not the case, fortunately we have been busy lately which is usually the reason for not being here as often.
I just wanted to add this WD quote that bothered me. You sure found plenty of time to post, what seemed like hourly, updates about all of the new finishes that you were completing on those fake HREs that you sell.

Last edited by seth_horwitz; 03-24-2011 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Added this absurd quote from WD to refresh members' memories.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
Wow! Companies put profits before safety and quality is going titanic! I'm currently dealing with one in Florida that refuse to give back my money after they sent me a less than perfect wheels, twice. I will post my own thread and need your help on this. Karma karma karma.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:50 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
I know some of you might think that all vendors are logged-on to 6-spd all day long, that’s not the case, fortunately we have been busy lately which is usually the reason for not being here as often.
Oh please, save the BS. You have been logged on all day 'busy lately' with spreading around negative Rep points to all the members who are upset by this situation, editing your old threads to hide evidence, and coming up with more BS to save face rather than correct this situation and come to a resolution.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Guys, they can't afford to pay back anyone b/c these girls don't come cheap for the photo shoots.....

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kinesis F110 wheels cracked! A must see!