Go Back   6speedonline.com Forums > Porsche (Present) > 996
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.
Sponsored by Spec Clutch

Headlight adjust tool

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 04:54 PM

Snowball350 is on a distinguished road
Headlight adjust tool

for some reason the hex tool to adjust my headlights up or down is missing from my tool kit. Anyone know where I can buy one ? thanks.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Platinum Sponsor

ECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond repute
ECSFans @ECSTuning ecstuning
We should be able to get the headlamp adjustment tool your looking for. For more information Click Here
Have questions need answers now Live Chat! 8:00am to 11:00pm & Sat. 10:00am to 7:00pm
sales@ecstuning.com|customerservice@ecstuning.com
Customer Service Hours: 8:00am to 8:00pm M-F & Sat. 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
Reach our Sales Team from 8:00am to 11:00pm M-F & Sat. 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
Click Here to take our Survey
Click Here - OEM Part Number Search
Old 10-05-2012, 03:45 PM

Long Islander has a spectacular aura aboutLong Islander has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball350 View Post
for some reason the hex tool to adjust my headlights up or down is missing from my tool kit. Anyone know where I can buy one ? thanks.
There is no adjusting the headlights. The tool you're referring to is used only to remove and reinstall the headlights.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:36 PM

Snowball350 is on a distinguished road
I'm pretty sure the lights can be adjusted, it's detailed in the instruction manual. Anyone else have any information on this ?
Old 10-06-2012, 01:50 PM

carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to carbonissimo
tool is for removal
2014 VW Touareg Sport
Cool Silver Metallic / Black Anthracite
Old 10-06-2012, 02:10 PM

Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
I know that mine are auto leveling....cause I broke the piece that controls it and had to replace.

R35 GT-R
Old 10-06-2012, 04:11 PM

Pors-Vette will become famous soon enoughPors-Vette will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball350 View Post
If you have the Litronic headlights they're self adjusting. If not the tool is used for removing the headlight assembly and for adjusting. Here are instructions for adjusting that I received from the service manager of my local dealer.

"
Hello,
Thank You for your email request. The first question is---do you have litronic lamps or standard h4 style. As for your adjustments---top(a) is for lateral adjustment,below (b) is height and lateral adjustment,front (c) is for fog lamps only---a and b must be adjusted togeather and the same amount of turns---if you have litronic lamps,be sure to watch adjustment movement---We have seen light adjustment come off the ball socket---if questions call me
Thanks,Dave"
Old 10-08-2012, 02:47 PM

Long Islander has a spectacular aura aboutLong Islander has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pors-Vette View Post
If you have the Litronic headlights they're self adjusting. If not the tool is used for removing the headlight assembly and for adjusting. Here are instructions for adjusting that I received from the service manager of my local dealer.

"
Hello,
Thank You for your email request. The first question is---do you have litronic lamps or standard h4 style. As for your adjustments---top(a) is for lateral adjustment,below (b) is height and lateral adjustment,front (c) is for fog lamps only---a and b must be adjusted togeather and the same amount of turns---if you have litronic lamps,be sure to watch adjustment movement---We have seen light adjustment come off the ball socket---if questions call me
Thanks,Dave"
Is there a picture that goes with this?
Old 10-08-2012, 03:52 PM

Pors-Vette will become famous soon enoughPors-Vette will become famous soon enough
The dealer didn't send me photo instructions but if you open the trunk lid, remove the covers on each side. You'll see something like this. The 2 rubber covers are the adjustment sites.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1008121447.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	189058  
Old 10-09-2012, 12:25 PM

Slider has a reputation beyond reputeSlider has a reputation beyond reputeSlider has a reputation beyond reputeSlider has a reputation beyond reputeSlider has a reputation beyond reputeSlider has a reputation beyond reputeSlider has a reputation beyond reputeSlider has a reputation beyond reputeSlider has a reputation beyond reputeSlider has a reputation beyond reputeSlider has a reputation beyond repute
The special adjustment tool is... a Phillips screwdriver. It has to be pretty long and you do access through the little rubber tabs shown above.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider View Post
The special adjustment tool is... a Phillips screwdriver. It has to be pretty long and you do access through the little rubber tabs shown above.
I had to buy a 6"-8" long Allen wrench. Mine didn't have Phillips screws for adjusting.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:41 PM

Tags
996, adjusting, adjustment, bmw, buy, cayenne, check, cooper, headlight, hex, mini, porche, porsche, removal, tool, toolkit