996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

6 days in the garage. Need help with winter blues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 11:25 AM
porschemama will become famous soon enoughporschemama will become famous soon enough
6 days in the garage. Need help with winter blues

Any PCA members out there aware of any Winter Driving Courses coming up? Preferably on the east coast.

I haven't driven my car for 6 days and found myself just sitting in it, "warming" up the car during the week. This is a new low.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:31 AM
NineEreven is a jewel in the roughNineEreven is a jewel in the roughNineEreven is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by porschemama
Any PCA members out there aware of any Winter Driving Courses coming up? Preferably on the east coast.

I haven't driven my car for 6 days and found myself just sitting in it, "warming" up the car during the week. This is a new low.
6 days lol. I am at 3 months right now and have sweats in my sleep because I can't wait to drive it now that it is boosted.

Google your local PCA group and they should have a calender of events listed.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:31 AM
barncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the rough
move to CA, then u only have to worry about which sunscreen to wear

Old 02-07-2014, 11:49 AM
porschemama will become famous soon enoughporschemama will become famous soon enough
We had 1 day last week of beautiful weather where every Porsche, Ferrari, R8, and convertible owners hit the road in our main street. It was spectacular to see us drive in our shiny, newly waxed rides against snowwhite-washed SUVs and minivans.

NineEreven, the public better watch out for us once the ice melts! There are several site in Region 1 but rarely are their calendars updated. I saw pics of a Winter Course on PCA's FB page but location was not disclosed. It's not in my region so it's a little frustrating. Winter driving and skiing on the same weekend? I'm in heaven.

Barncobob, I would move to San Diego in a heartbeat. I loved it there but I also love NYC. One day...

Old 02-07-2014, 11:54 AM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
NJ? We got hit really bad in PA...well....we're expecting another big dump of snow this weekend...

Old 02-07-2014, 11:58 AM
I'm with you. We lost power for half a day. I'm on the other side of the river in Moorestown and just seeing sun. My daughters just texted me if it is warm enough to go pick them up at school. Going to warm up that car and take it for a short ride to school. School bus mode.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:27 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
no electric 3 days so far...it'll be another few days till we get anything...tree blocked both sides of our road.....woke up to 37 degrees....brrr its cold

Old 02-07-2014, 12:27 PM
Here's one that just past. I'm going to reach out to the local contact and encourage holding one this season.
http://yel.pca.org/winter-driving-school/

Old 02-07-2014, 01:54 PM
God I'm sorry to hear! Try booking at a hotel or extended stay... Well worth it as an "evacuation plan." That was us in our last house. I was determined to get a wood fireplace this time around. Need one in a bedroom and family room.

Old 02-07-2014, 04:42 PM
JSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura about
I'm on the same boat. This Jersey winter isn't turning out to be a fun one at all. I've gotten to let the Cayenne out to play,but the 911 needs some time too haha.

Old 02-07-2014, 04:43 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by geetee
no electric 3 days so far...it'll be another few days till we get anything...tree blocked both sides of our road.....woke up to 37 degrees....brrr its cold
Lol, try -5deg F air temp with -30deg windchill factor, coupled to a failed furnace and sleeping in 50 deg interior temps overnight. Felt like camping but indoors.

Seriously I wash my car in my t shirt in 40 deg weather. My neighbors though look at me funny.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:37 PM
Alpine003 we were probably washing our cars the same day. Our neighbors would shake their heads walking by with their dogs dressed in sweaters. Had to keep the bucket warm the entire time.

Hope you had Himalayan grade sleeping bags. That's crazy cold.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:03 PM
drt50 is a splendid one to beholddrt50 is a splendid one to beholddrt50 is a splendid one to beholddrt50 is a splendid one to beholddrt50 is a splendid one to beholddrt50 is a splendid one to beholddrt50 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by alpine003
Lol, try -5deg F air temp with -30deg windchill factor, coupled to a failed furnace and sleeping in 50 deg interior temps overnight. Felt like camping but indoors.

Seriously I wash my car in my t shirt in 40 deg weather. My neighbors though look at me funny.
The weather up here (Canada) is a bit different, we had weeks at a time with -27C (-36C with wind), but it warmed up now we are getting now in the high teens (-)
But April 1 never mind temp or snow is the day

Old 02-07-2014, 07:29 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by drt50
The weather up here (Canada) is a bit different, we had weeks at a time with -27C (-36C with wind), but it warmed up now we are getting now in the high teens (-)
But April 1 never mind temp or snow is the day
You Canucks are used to that though, right?

Us Yankees are dealing with polar vortexes that we aren't used to. I wanna call Mike Holmes and fly his whole crew down here to insulate my house.

Something is wrong when it's 50 deg in Alaska and 0 here in the Midwest.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:13 PM
USNCPO will become famous soon enoughUSNCPO will become famous soon enough
I agree. This winter is bizarre. 14 and snow yesterday in Texas. 60s and clear this weekend. Hopefully I will get her out for a drive this weekend. Gonna wear shorts, flip flops, and a parka to be fully prepared. We shall see.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 6 days in the garage. Need help with winter blues