996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Techart Pics - Share your Techart upgrades & Opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 07:10 PM
NYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to behold
Techart Pics - Share your Techart upgrades & Opinions

Folks who have done Techart upgrades, share your photos and thoughts on how they have worked out and any plans for the future.
Mine so far is a complete suspension and I could not be happier.

Last edited by NYoutftr; 02-12-2016 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-13-2016, 05:15 PM
IslaTurbine is on a distinguished road
I have TechArt race mufflers that came with the car. Definitely gives the old girl a roar.

Old 02-13-2016, 06:48 PM
NYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to behold
Nice
I never heard the Techart race mufflers , do you like them?
Any sound video

Last edited by NYoutftr; 02-13-2016 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:58 PM
IslaTurbine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NYoutftr
Nice
I never heard the Techart race mufflers , do you like them?
Any sound video
Yeah it took me awhile to dig up info on them, but it is still scare. Apparently they are about $2500 bucks, which seems like a lot of coin for two mufflers. https://www.vividracing.com/catalog/...YycaAiH88P8HAQ

I do like their sound but have considered doing the Fister mod to them. I'm a little worried they might be too loud by that point. This isn't me but I think it's probably an accurate representation of them:

Old 02-16-2016, 10:26 AM
laphan is on a distinguished road
Tech Art suspension cabriolet version with bilstein sport installed. Have not driven it yet due to snow but it looks great.

Old 02-16-2016, 11:00 AM
You will really like it, I did a thread on this Suspension.
BTW car looks great!!
Make sure you get it alignment.
Give feedback when you can.

Last edited by NYoutftr; 02-16-2016 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-20-2016, 06:40 PM
You will really like it, I did a thread on this Suspension.
BTW car looks great!!
Make sure you get it alignment.
Give feedback when you can.
Took my car out for the first time with tech art, bilstein, M030 sway bars, all 4 new control arms and tarret toe links.
It's amazing. Very comfortable, better damped and controlled. Ride is not harsh at all and very little body roll. Car feels vey stable and minimal nose dive during hard braking. I'm liking this setup way better than stock. Combination of tech art springs and bilstein sport is just right.

Old 02-20-2016, 08:10 PM
+1, isn't the quality of ride a surprise?

What is the advantage of the Tarret toe links, is it for more adjustments in alignment?

Old 02-20-2016, 09:37 PM
+1, isn't the quality of ride a surprise?

What is the advantage of the Tarret toe links, is it for more adjustments in alignment?
I think it rides better than stock (smoother over bumps, important because I live in MI - US pot holes capital). The biggest shock was when I took a highway entry ramp with rough pavement joints. Front end bobs badly with stock suspension and this tech art/bilstein combo eliminates it.

I had a boxster with same bilstein but different spring brands (h&r) and it rode horribly. Super stiff and front end bobs a lot on highway joints. Handling is sharp but it rides like a horse carriage. This tech art definitely matches or better in the sharpness but without all the stiffness.

I was skeptical on tech art at the beginning as h&r is actually priced much cheaper. My feeling was if tech art is not any better than h&r and charges more, they would not be in the business this long. The bet pays off nicely.

My mechanic suggested the adjustable toe link as stock link might be able to bring the alignment to the end limit or slightly off of the spec but he wants to be in the middle to extend my tires life. Also easier to adjust if I want to change it from street to track setup.

Last edited by laphan; 02-20-2016 at 09:44 PM.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:37 AM
Ok,
I am now even more confused.
How does that relate to tire wear, I am new to all of this, and I really want to understand how all of the parts work together, should I have done the same as you?
BTW, did you get the big discount from Techart closing out the 996 parts?

Old 02-21-2016, 12:21 PM
Ok,
I am now even more confused.
How does that relate to tire wear, I am new to all of this, and I really want to understand how all of the parts work together, should I have done the same as you?
BTW, did you get the big discount from Techart closing out the 996 parts?
Tire rack has a pretty good explaination on alignment:http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=4

Toe is one of the most critical to adjust between under and over steer, tire wear and wet handling. It would be a quick adjustment if you want to switch between street and track setup.
My toe link joint rubber boot has some small cut so instead of replacing it with stock part, extra $50 per side upgrade to adjustable is worth it.

I did not get the tech art closeout, I bought mine used (3k miles on springs, previous owner upgraded to coil over GT3).

Last edited by laphan; 02-21-2016 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-21-2016, 02:32 PM
TY
I see it now, it can be adjusted very easy.
My car is DD, but also autocross and at least one DE this year, but had aligned to stock specs, at least for now:

Old 02-22-2016, 07:54 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Boring...

At least play with your tire pressures to live'n her up. Factory pressures don't apply with the suspension you got. Unless you put a lot of miles on your car per year, you can easily get by with a lot more aggressive camber without any major inner wear. Majority of the inner wear comes from improper toe settings.