997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

VTG Turbo Upgrades now instock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 07:51 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
VTG Turbo Upgrades now instock

No more waiting to get your VR VTG Turbos built after you send them in to us!

We have 2 pairs in stock and as long as everyone who buys them sends back working condition turbos this should remain a regular thing!

Vivid Racing's modified VTG turbochargers are capable of 700+ horsepower with additional modifications and tuning. This listing is for the turbo modifications only. It requires your cores to be sent in to Vivid Racing to be modified. We take the factory VTG turbochargers and rebuild them with a new turbine wheel that flows almost 40cfm more then stock. The turbo upgrade with basic mods and stock fuel made a very strong 616awhp and 632ft/lbs of torque with the Mustang Dyno on race gas.

To upgrade your VTG turbos, you will need to remove them from your vehicle and ship them to our Turbo Builder which we will supply you with the address and instructions. Please contact us first before shipping any products. Once we receive the turbos, we will modify them to the VR700 level. This process is about 7-10 days once they are received. You are responsible for shipping to and from.

Last edited by vividracing; 07-21-2014 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:20 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
im confused. dyno says race gas numbers. description says 91 pump gas. can you clarify?

what mm size are these 63,65,67?

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 07-17-2014, 02:18 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prodigymb
im confused. dyno says race gas numbers. description says 91 pump gas. can you clarify?

what mm size are these 63,65,67?

I would like to know as well.

91 octane on a Mustang dyno...I am pretty sure 616AWHP would be race fuel. Either way with race fuel, 616AWHP is strong for a Mustang dyno and stock frame VTG turbos, pending the mods.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:57 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Good luck getting that info the mm size seems to be top secret i had these turbo's & had no issues & asked many times & never got an answer .

Old 07-21-2014, 03:12 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Our builder keeps all the specs secret, I don't even know what they are to be honest. Sorry for the confusion, the dyno numbers are on race gas!

Old 07-23-2014, 12:08 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by twturbo
Good luck getting that info the mm size seems to be top secret i had these turbo's & had no issues & asked many times & never got an answer .
its very easy to measure the size. real secrets in turbo wheels come from angle of attack, depth cut, fin tip length, wheel weight, balancing, porting etc. top secret stuff this simple usually means they dont want u going to the builder and buying for less. everyone including Champion who arguably have the nicest VTGs currently used release the MM size of their wheels.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 07-23-2014, 12:56 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
these are 65mm turbos.

Old 07-23-2014, 10:49 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Sounds fishy... any time some one withholds simple info like that, one starts to wonder what else is being withheld.

Go with Champion VTG's in my opinion. They are transparent, and have a solid track record!

Old 07-24-2014, 07:07 AM
Thenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by vividracing
Our builder keeps all the specs secret, I don't even know what they are to be honest. Sorry for the confusion, the dyno numbers are on race gas!
So you're saying you are selling products that you don't know about....to your customers?

Old 07-24-2014, 11:44 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Thenewguy
So you're saying you are selling products that you don't know about....to your customers?
Yeah, I don't see the issue.

They are proven to work and make power on several customer's vehicles that we have sold them to and our builder is one of the most well known turbo modifiers in the country.

Even have a customer posting above saying that he has had no issues with his

Last edited by vividracing; 07-24-2014 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:14 PM
Thenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah, I don't see the issue.

They are proven to work and make power on several customer's vehicles that we have sold them to and our builder is one of the most well known turbo modifiers in the country.

Even have a customer posting above saying that he has had no issues with his
Why don't you identify the builder then? So many people with questions can get a-correct-answer.

I'm not sure how you don't see an issue with this. A customer comes to you and wants a very specific turbo upgrade. You tell him...."well, idk what kind of turbos these are exactly. I know they're larger and make more power, but what exactly is done and how they make extra power AND how much larger they are is a secret. Even I, their business partner, don't know".

WHAT??? You have no idea what you're selling and you don't see an issue with that. Weird. Maybe it's just me though

Old 07-24-2014, 12:36 PM
Former Vendor
It's just the nature of the industry, some turbo builders don't want to be identified and want to keep their specifications secret. Trust me, I don't like to withhold anything from a consumer but when I am told that we don't have the information and the builder would like it kept secret then the only selling point I have is to show proven power gains and tell people that we haven't had any issues with them. For most of our customers this is enough, as they trust us. I understand that forums can be a source for more technical information and typically the people on here are a bit more concerned with the specifics but I simply don't have them. This thread was only meant to tell people that the turbos are available without any wait time. If every little spec is important to you then this turbo isn't for you. If proven numbers and reliability are what you want then these turbos are for you. Not everyone has the time to learn the specifics on turbo sizes and how to read compressor maps; this is the majority of our customers, they are busy with the rest of their life and just want to make their car faster hence why the come to us for advice instead of having to troll through forums. If we could just stop the conversation here it would be nice. Thank You!

-Arsha

Old 07-24-2014, 02:53 PM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
It's just the nature of the industry, some turbo builders don't want to be identified and want to keep their specifications secret. Trust me, I don't like to withhold anything from a consumer but when I am told that we don't have the information and the builder would like it kept secret then the only selling point I have is to show proven power gains and tell people that we haven't had any issues with them. For most of our customers this is enough, as they trust us. I understand that forums can be a source for more technical information and typically the people on here are a bit more concerned with the specifics but I simply don't have them. This thread was only meant to tell people that the turbos are available without any wait time. If every little spec is important to you then this turbo isn't for you. If proven numbers and reliability are what you want then these turbos are for you. Not everyone has the time to learn the specifics on turbo sizes and how to read compressor maps; this is the majority of our customers, they are busy with the rest of their life and just want to make their car faster hence why the come to us for advice instead of having to troll through forums. If we could just stop the conversation here it would be nice. Thank You!

-Arsha
You can try to spinn this anyway you want, but you wont sell any turbos to me, and I dont think I am alone here...

Old 07-24-2014, 03:11 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by xbox_fan
You can try to spinn this anyway you want, but you wont sell any turbos to me, and I dont think I am alone here...
That is fine, if you would actually read what I wrote, you would have concluded that I completely understand why you (and other forum members) wouldn't buy it and your comment after I asked for the conversation to be over wouldn't be needed

I'm just saying that these turbos are available and instock, it was the only point of this post.

Old 07-24-2014, 04:05 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
again, the turbos are 65mm.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VTG Turbo Upgrades now instock