997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Fabspeed Motorsport, MADE IN CHINA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 10:43 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Made in China!

Why would I said Fabspeed is made in China? If they keep telling us they make all their products in Fort Washington, PA? Fabspeed Motorsport "USA" doesn't build everything in house. They fabricate about 30% of their products in house...if that. The rest is overseas...Pacific rim if you all know what I mean. Joe use a company called Jim, but he also uses another company named "Lucky Chain" and another one called "Leing Fei" and yet another named "Everest". Fabspeed profit margins are shrinking, there are less pieces of the pie now a days compounded by the Asian markets wanting more money for goods so they can live the better "western" way of life and this is why Joe (the owner of the company) is desperate making videos trashing other companies.

You don't believe me?? Ok please check out this links.

http://www.importgenius.com/fr/impor...otorsports-usa

http://www.greatexportimport.com/b-f...osport/4712437

http://northamerica.tradeinfo365.com...84b22872ec3e63

http://www.importersinusa.com/compan...usa/232974.php

"You don't know what you are getting Ladies & gentlemen, the pictures don't lie" right Joe? ;-)

Anybody who can weld and fabricate can do what they are doing, the only thing that has really helped them get to where they are is marketing, Joe pumps large sums of cash into marketing so he can reel in the unsuspecting. For now they can afford the profit margins shrinking because they are so high, but as more of the pie gets taken the margins will thus come down and the people like Joe will go away.

They will always have their minions though, the customers they kiss butt to and offer video time to on their company marketing videos. Everybody have a price right???

Joe fired his only engineer who actually gave a damn about the products he was trying to make better for them...The guy was named (Chris), he was trying to standardize or create a protocol on how dyno testing was to take place at you know where (Asia). Joe was always after him because he said Chris was "wasting time", on the contrary Chris was testing already existing products but was finding out that instead of gaining horsepower that some of the products are actually costing horsepower...I guess Joe got tired of being shown that either his products were not making as much as he say or were actually LOSING HP...then it came to a head and he fired Chris because Chris would not back down and basically told Joe he is lying to the public.

"There should be not upset people about it because facts, pictures and videos don't lie" Joe Fabspeed

Last edited by LeoLambo; 07-30-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:56 AM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Yes I have heard of there stuff being made in China. That's why I never bought it.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:30 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
A telltale sign is the extreme polish of the pipes and welds. I can bet they are not the only ones sourced in Asia based on photos of many systems I've seen on the forum.

I've built my own headers and exhausts on my other cars and there is a difference in base material based on coo.

Doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the Asia products but the pricing and marketing are not in line with the truth.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140730_133006.png
Views:	253
Size:	620.2 KB
ID:	397893  
Old 07-30-2014, 11:44 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Stage7
Doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the Asia products but the pricing and marketing are not in line with the truth.
I hate to generalize but we all know Chinese products quality is not the best quality available in the market because they don't care about quality but quantity....

Why they always say Made in USA??? Why he is using the name of the Nation to sell his trash...

FYI I like your headers good job!

Old 07-30-2014, 01:22 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LeoLambo
I hate to generalize but we all know Chinese products quality is not the best quality available in the market because they don't care about quality but quantity....

Why they always say Made in USA??? Why he is using the name of the Nation to sell his trash...

FYI I like your headers good job!
You are generalizing. Your claim that is simply false. China has built a reputation of having manufactured lower grade products, but you can't in your right mind, think and believe that ALL products made in China or Asia are poorly made.

A lot of production is outsourced without a doubt. It is a matter of finding the right partners. I guarantee you that Fabspeed is NOT the only one doing this.

Just because you can't find them using Panjiva or other sourcing networks like the ones you posted, does not mean that is not the case. Lots of importers use different importing companies or names to bring product in and have a different marketing name to promote their goods.

I agree with you that if a company makes claims of manufacturing their goods in the USA, that they in fact should. If they are outsourcing some of their work, and they are doing it to factories that are ICTI certified and that meet quality/safety criteria, then they should have no problem admitting they are.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:23 PM
Thenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of light
Wow, interesting

Old 07-30-2014, 01:31 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
Originally Posted by TAILWAG
I agree with you that if a company makes claims of manufacturing their goods in the USA, that they in fact should. If they are outsourcing some of their work, and they are doing it to factories that are ICTI certified and that meet quality/safety criteria, then they should have no problem admitting they are.
^^^^ agree with you too, there is nothing wrong with that but why they lie to their customers?

Fabspeed Chinese exhaust are the worst aftermarket exhaust you can buy for your car... I had 2 of their products and the quality & fitment is just horrible...

Here is an example of a member of another forum complaining about Fabspeed quality and customer service.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-68056086.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	397895  
Old 07-30-2014, 01:35 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
Please read the last paragraph of my thread, he fired his engineer because show him that his products were costing HP.

I will never replace any OEM part with a Chinese aftermarket part.

"Joe fired his only engineer who actually gave a damn about the products he was trying to make better for them...The guy was named (Chris), he was trying to standardize or create a protocol on how dyno testing was to take place at you know where (Asia). Joe was always after him because he said Chris was "wasting time", on the contrary Chris was testing already existing products but was finding out that instead of gaining horsepower that some of the products are actually costing horsepower...I guess Joe got tired of being shown that either his products were not making as much as he say or were actually LOSING HP...then it came to a head and he fired Chris because Chris would not back down and basically told Joe he is lying to the public. "

Old 07-30-2014, 01:37 PM
Duff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond repute
I was going to share the video with him bashing Europipe but it appears he took it down.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:57 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^ agree with you too, there is nothing wrong with that but why they lie to their customers?

Fabspeed Chinese exhaust are the worst aftermarket exhaust you can buy for your car... I had 2 of their products and the quality & fitment is just horrible...

Here is an example of a member of another forum complaining about Fabspeed quality and customer service.
I used to have a Fabspeed race exhaust system on my car and it was great. My 200 cell count cats however had started to fail after 10,000 miles. I had to have some major work done so I am now running Protomotive straight pipes and the exhaust has simply been sitting on my shelf.

The fitment of Fabspeed was great so I can't complain there and their customer service was excellent as well. Now, even if I would have known their products were made in China, I think I would have still bought them, but it would have been nice to know if that was/were the case.

We do not know for a fact that is the case yet, so it would be nice to hear their side of the story first.

Old 07-30-2014, 02:24 PM
Steamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond repute
I guess we should give up our iPads, iPods and laptops too since most of them are made in China as well.

Leo, it's not clear what your problem with Fabspeed is. Are you a disgruntled past employee or did you just wake up grumpy this morning?

Next.........

Old 07-30-2014, 02:27 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
Originally Posted by Steamboat
I guess we should give up our iPads, iPods and laptops too since most of them are made in China as well. Leo, it's not clear what your problem with Fabspeed is. Are you a disgruntled past employee or did you just wake up grumpy this morning? Next.........
Very simple... Why are you posting on my thread???

I do have a problem with fabspeed because they lie to us period, I also bought their products and they screw me.

If you don't like it don't post here anymore.

Thank you

Old 07-30-2014, 02:30 PM
Steamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond repute
Very simple... Why are you posting on my thread???

I do have a problem with fabspeed because they lie to us period, I also bought their products and they screw me.

If you don't like it don't post here anymore.

Thank you
Your thread?? You're kidding, right?? Eff Off.

PS Strong message to follow

Old 07-30-2014, 03:12 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Steamboat
I guess we should give up our iPads, iPods and laptops too since most of them are made in China as well.

Leo, it's not clear what your problem with Fabspeed is. Are you a disgruntled past employee or did you just wake up grumpy this morning?

Next.........
Dude, go to the other board and read the thread, some people are of the Speed21 type. They bought one exhaust and bash all others.
I wondered how long it would take for it to come here.

I am sure the EP is the greatest exhaust ever made but its still 3k overpriced

Last edited by Squat; 07-30-2014 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:23 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by yumaverick
Yes I have heard of there stuff being made in China. That's why I never bought it.
Doesnt Todd have it on his 700RWHP+ yellow beast?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Motorsport, MADE IN CHINA