997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Real World Testing - IPD Y Pipe on 997.2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 03:43 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IMI A
Longboarder are you running the 72mm or 84mm IPD Plenum and Y Pipe?

Can you pls post pic of the jubilee clip you're using to hold it in position? I'm using IPD 84mm plenum with High flow y pipe and GT3 throttle body and mines slipped off a few times with the OEM J clip which is too thin and doesn't clamp on properly - it needs something a bit wider.
Originally Posted by ecpChris
Funny you ask this because although I'm pretty positive longboarder is running the standard 74mm plenum, I've seen a few 997.2s recently claim they are running gt3 throttle bodies. I've only seen ipd sell 74 mm plenums for the .2s

From ipd website " The new IPD Turbo Plenum is offered in one single 74mm version which utilizes the factory 74mm throttle body. The 997.2 Turbo intake manifolds are smaller than the 997.1 Turbo manifolds which is great for improved boost response and gas mileage but less than ideal for making substantial power gains. The 74mm TB provides more than adequate flow for these more restrictive intake runners eliminating the need for a larger 82mm "Competition" version."
Yes I have the 997.2 version of the plenum and Y pipe and like Chris says, I believe there are no choices, just one size.

Let me know if you still need me to take a pic of the clamps for you.

Old 03-03-2015, 04:48 PM
ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !
I had the clamp blow off also when I pressure tested the system. Replaced it with a high torque clamp. The stock is too thin for the silicone hose.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:26 PM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
cheers guys can you post pics of the type of high torque clamps you're using on the car pls? OEM ones do not work.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:04 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Here you go

Attached Images  
Old 03-04-2015, 07:43 AM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Thanks Longboarder. Those clips look OEM and your Y Pipe and Plenum are are held on nicely by them as they're smaller. If anyone with the same issue with 84mm Plenum can post pick much appreciated.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:30 AM
Banned
second that - very quick car LB!

Old 03-05-2015, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by ghjxcyj
Thanx for posting always enjoy your videos...so this product gives out about 35 hp to the wheels ...how much and were can we get...
Thanks! I'm lucky enough to live close to IPD's shop. If you want to deal with IPD direct, you can call Greg from IPD to order from him...here is their website > http://www.ipdplenums.com/

There are a number of vendors who also sell the IPD products and you may try with someone local to you in Europe.

Now with my fueling situation fixed my car is not fuel cutting and is insanely fast. I just broke the dragstrip 1/4 mile trap speed record for a stock turbo 997.2 this weekend going 135.58mph with 7 separate runs in excess of 135mph

Old 03-07-2015, 09:10 AM
Banned
Smile

Originally Posted by IMI A
Thanks Longboarder. Those clips look OEM and your Y Pipe and Plenum are are held on nicely by them as they're smaller. If anyone with the same issue with 84mm Plenum can post pick much appreciated.
bump any pics of the stronger clamps used on the IPD 82mm plenum pls?

Old 03-07-2015, 09:32 AM
ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !
<table width="100%" align="left" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td width="8%" align="center" class="text2" valign="top">

larger image </td><td width="2%" align="left" class="text1" valign="top"></td><td align="left" class="text2" valign="top">
      </td></tr></tbody></table>

Old 03-07-2015, 10:31 AM
      Banned
      Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ctony66
      <table width="100%" align="left" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td width="8%" align="center" class="text2" valign="top">

larger image </td><td width="2%" align="left" class="text1" valign="top"></td><td align="left" class="text2" valign="top">
          </td></tr></tbody></table>
          Perfect. Did you use two and which size pls as there are quite a few to choose from? Thanks!

Old 03-07-2015, 10:54 AM
          I used them wherever I could. Boost hoses, Y pipe and throttle body. I couldn't get them on the plenum but I'm going to try to find some thinner ones for that also. The Size I'm not sure of because I got them from work and I just had a bunch of different sizes, sorry. We use them on boost hoses for diesel engines. You could Just measure the stock clamp and order that size. If you don't want to remove it to measure just wrap a string around and measure that. You can find them with google under high torque clamp. There about 5 bucks a piece. EBay may sell them also.
          Cheers

Old 03-07-2015, 11:57 AM
          Banned
          Are you sure they'll work on the 82 mm plenum? Thats the only place I have an issue.

Old 03-07-2015, 12:33 PM
          I'm getting confused. The pic from longboarder showed the throttle body to y pipe and I thought that's what you were talking about . You can see in his pic he has wider clamps on the plenum to intake manifold hoses. I'm also guessing you have a .2 not a .1. I have a .1 and a slightly different set up. Either way it looks like those clamps will fit the .2. Mine may be a bit tighter and that is why I had a hard time. I will try again the next time I lower the engine. Sorry if I was misleading in my post.

Old 03-07-2015, 12:39 PM
          Banned
          Unhappy

Originally Posted by ctony66
          I'm getting confused. The pic from longboarder showed the throttle body to y pipe and I thought that's what you were talking about . You can see in his pic he has wider clamps on the plenum to intake manifold hoses. I'm also guessing you have a .2 not a .1. I have a .1 and a slightly different set up. Either way it looks like those clamps will fit the .2. Mine may be a bit tighter and that is why I had a hard time. I will try again the next time I lower the engine. Sorry if I was misleading in my post.
          Sorry no I have a 997.1 running trick GT2 hybrids running more power so the hose keeps blowing off the Plenum to Y Pipe. You cannot have the larger 82mm plenum on the 997.2

Old 03-07-2015, 12:50 PM
          So we have the same set up. You are saying plenum to y pipe but its the throttle body that connects to the y pipe. That is why I'm getting confused. So yes the clamps will work. You have to play with the positioning of them and the one on the throttle body is a b**ch but you can work it on. Just use a 1/4" ratchet and extension with a shallow socket. Also clean any and all oil or grease from the hose and y pipe.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Real World Testing - IPD Y Pipe on 997.2